WA: The Next Generation!: A new Hub Project (in Making)

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
ROCKYROCKY

WA: The Next Generation!: A new Hub Project (in Making)

Post by ROCKYROCKY » Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:39 pm

Hey Guys! I'm not a big FAN of making small, tiny adventures, and I love making BIG ones! So I decided to start a hub project and the game is called:

THE NEXT GENERATION!

The story is supposed to be about you being in Wonderland, 25 years later, but a special twist would happen!

That's when YOU, viewers of this forum, can help me with this project and you can also be the storymaker, level maker, etc!

(Note: I don't when the project will be done, so don't ask.)
:D
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:46 am

Welcome to the forum, Rocky. I suggest you try making adventures before you start on a hub as hubs are a little more complicated. After you've done a few, you can start on your hub with experience. Check out the guides here to help you.

For starters, try making a medium-sized Holiday Special of sorts. It would be good material to make a bigger level as you said you don't like small levels.
ROCKYROCKY

Post by ROCKYROCKY » Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:28 am

I've already made some of my own (privately) levels. One of my levels is called "Follow The Leader." :D
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:39 am

First of all, Welcome to the forums ROCKYROCKY!

I like the idea of this hub, it looks awesome!!

To be a level maker, well, I don't know if I'm good at puzzles or making them. I can try as I made a puzzle that IS good in my hub.

To be a storymaker, that's a good choice! I have some good ideas. Wanna get them PM'd or written here?
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:20 pm

ROCKYROCKY wrote:I've already made some of my own (privately) levels. One of my levels is called "Follow The Leader." :D
Could you release these adventures? We'd like to see your ideas.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:30 pm

You should get some criticism on your adventures before you start on a hub. Although adventures poorly received can be disheartening, it's much better than a failed hub.
Fluffshery
Rainbow Seeker

Post by Fluffshery » Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:22 pm

I think it's fine to start a hub before releasing adventures. That's what I did. True, I gave up on mine, but that was because I couldn't convert the adventures not because the adventures weren't good. Maybe release a few adventures, then resume work on this?
Albert Einstein wrote:Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.
My Level List
Pawelec
Rainbow Master

Post by Pawelec » Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:42 am

Fluffshery wrote:I think it's fine to start a hub before releasing adventures. That's what I did. True, I gave up on mine, but that was because I couldn't convert the adventures not because the adventures weren't good. Maybe release a few adventures, then resume work on this?
For me releasing hub before your adv.s is very good idea - you can use all adv.s you made in the hub.
"Let us return to the past; it will be progress."
by Giuseppe Verdi
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Dec 31, 2012 1:23 am

So, how's this going?
Dark Drago
Rainbow Master

Post by Dark Drago » Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:29 am

Fluffshery wrote:I think it's fine to start a hub before releasing adventures. That's what I did. True, I gave up on mine, but that was because I couldn't convert the adventures not because the adventures weren't good. Maybe release a few adventures, then resume work on this?
That's what even I did two years ago!
But people were much more friendly and receiving that time :)