New Adventure - Fire Island Voyage Part 2

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

New Adventure - Fire Island Voyage Part 2

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:17 pm

Journal Entry wrote:Day 1
Still out at sea. So far, presumably halfway to Fire Island already. Never thought it was that close to the mainland, but it is. Morklin says that the ship’s power source is a brand new technology – Running on something called a ‘Power Star’. Captain has excellent navigational skills; so far we haven’t gone off route at all. Only thing worrying me is that his second-hand mate says that this ship is able to withstand any storms thrown at us... It certainly doesn’t LOOK like it can.
I just hope we won’t get to find out if it can or not.

My hand is trembling as I write this – A storm ran right into the course of the boat, and everyone except me and the captain ran down into the hold. The boat is constantly shaking, if it can actually hold together, I’ll be a bit surprised. I’ll be more surprised if the Power Star stays in the boat – apparently it can’t handle extreme pressure, or it’ll get launched from the boat.

Day 2
Woke up alone in the hold. The door was unlocked, and the ship had stopped shaking. Looking outside gave me a sight that I’ll never forget – Fire Island itself. Unfortunately, the ship has run onto one of the smaller islands – Still no sign of the crew. There’s a teleporter here though, walking through it just landed me on the main island – And I must admit it’s absolutely beautiful. Tons of tall colourful trees, mushrooms, apple trees... Even the rocks on the beach look very pretty.
Looks like magic runs here as well – I found a ‘Pop’ charger... thank goodness for my magic gloves...
Well, turns out that everyone’s okay – The others set up a camp a bit closer to the jungle. Yoonee was extremely happy to see I’m okay, the Stinker with a safari hat (Whose name I still don’t know) wanted to know what happened to the ship, and the captain’s assistant was looking around under some HUGE mushrooms – If we’re stranded here for a few weeks (which just might happen), we’ll definitely have enough food. The captain told me that the ship had run aground – I already knew that, but I guess it was worth it for him to confirm it for me. He said that the Power Star had indeed launched itself from the ship, probably somewhere in the jungle. Will write more after seeing a temple he says that he and the others found.

Wow. Just wow. These temple ruins are very impressive. There’s a marshland nearby, and the jungle setting is beautiful, reflecting the island shore itself. There’s a hole in the top of the temple – judging by the loose bricks around it, it’s a new one too – Both me and the captain suspect that it’s because of the Power Star. However, it seems the main problem will be getting inside the temple – There’s something called a ‘Star Lock’ that’s keeping us out. I need a star to get into it, but I lost the one the crew gave me thanks to the crash. Well, looks like this certainly will be a great adventure!
(Note: Qloof hates walls of text. We apologize for the inconvenience.)

Part 2 of the Fire Island adventure. Unfortunately, I was forced to keep up the offsite uploading trend for this one, landing in at a size of 1.07 MB.

I'm sorry for doing this, so I've got a picture attached of this adventure.

Fortunately, parts 3 and 4 (already both almost finished) will stop that trend.

DOWNLOAD LINK: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?mnit2mwyrkk

Enjoy.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Sun Dec 14, 2008 6:06 am

Your Fire Island Levels are great and the story is very interesting. :D Please post more!
dlcs18