A Preview of What is to Come...

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:23 am

Com Rante wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:
Com Rante wrote:No, I do not. Losing all of the newer stuff I was working on completely killed all of my motivation to make the adventure.

Sad really, since I would have loved to see it finished.
I think next time you should save your work on BOTH your computer AND USB.So 1 of them broke you won't lose lots of works.
I was on vacation, working on my grandmother's laptop. I didn't have my computer with me, since it isn't, ahem, portable. So I kept all my data on the USB. However, my USB broke along the way.

As far as the story goes, I will tell you what I was thinking...

You are ship wrecked on a strange island. You figure out that this island is a place called Rainbow's End. You meet a native who shows you a machine that is sucking up the color. He tells you that there are more of these machines, and asks you to help him get rid of all of them, in exchange for a way home. You go exploring all seven worlds, each one based off a color of the rainbow. You find more of the machines in these worlds.

The adventure would have three endings. The first one, the bad ending, is achieved when you collect 75 coins and pay the Red Thwart to send you home. This ends with you coming home to a destoried Wondertown. The second ending, or the regular ending, is achieved when you collect all 7 colored keys. You use the keys to access the inside of the "mother machine", where you are treated to one final puzzle where you have to turn the mother machine off. This ending has you returning to Wondertown, where nothing is destoried, but all the color is sucked out. Apparently you only destoried part of the machine, thus it was still able to cause some damage.

The good ending, achieved by collecting all 120 coins, all 7 color keys, and all 7 rainbow keys, has you turning off the machine completely, and you return to a happy Wondertown, where you can meet Stinky and Loof (who just had an "adventure" themselves :wink: ) and Qookie and Peegue.

There was some more ideas I had, but I really don't have the time to explain them all...
WOW! :shock: Great story-line! :wink:
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:27 am

Com Rante wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:
Com Rante wrote:No, I do not. Losing all of the newer stuff I was working on completely killed all of my motivation to make the adventure.

I think next time you should save your work on BOTH your computer AND USB.So 1 of them broke you won't lose lots of works.
I was on vacation, working on my grandmother's laptop. I didn't have my computer with me, since it isn't, ahem, portable. So I kept all my data on the USB. However, my USB broke along the way.

You are ship wrecked on a strange island. You figure out that this island is a place called Rainbow's End. You meet a native who shows you a machine that is sucking up the color. He tells you that there are more of these machines, and asks you to help him get rid of all of them, in exchange for a way home. You go exploring all seven worlds, each one based off a color of the rainbow. You find more of the machines in these worlds.

The adventure would have three endings. The first one, the bad ending, is achieved when you collect 75 coins and pay the Red Thwart to send you home. This ends with you coming home to a destoried Wondertown. The second ending, or the regular ending, is achieved when you collect all 7 colored keys. You use the keys to access the inside of the "mother machine", where you are treated to one final puzzle where you have to turn the mother machine off. This ending has you returning to Wondertown, where nothing is destoried, but all the color is sucked out. Apparently you only destoried part of the machine, thus it was still able to cause some damage.

The good ending, achieved by collecting all 120 coins, all 7 color keys, and all 7 rainbow keys, has you turning off the machine completely, and you return to a happy Wondertown, where you can meet Stinky and Loof (who just had an "adventure" themselves :wink: ) and Qookie and Peegue.

There was some more ideas I had, but I really don't have the time to explain them all...
Multiple Endings? WANT

Seriously though, that's amazing, and it would be awesome if you finished this. :D
JohnEmmanuel143
Rainbow Seeker

O_O!

Post by JohnEmmanuel143 » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:01 pm

You know what?It is TTTTTEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRIIIIIIIIFFFFFFIIIIICCCCCCCCAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLYYYYYY EXXXXXCCCCCEEEEELLLLEEENNNTTTEEEDDD Work!!!!!I never played a game like this in my whole life!You know, you should make a game or be a part of Midnight Synergy corp.!!!!!!!!!You'd be best in there!:)Its like you got the hit!Your their secret weapon or something!
I'd rate:

Global View:100
Landscaping:100
Spelling:100
Storyline:100
or shall I say PERFFECT!!!!!!!!!!!

:::::::)))))))))))))))))
sonny
Gold Wonderlander

Post by sonny » Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:16 pm

OMG U R RIGHT!!! I'd rate everything INFINITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D
I JUST LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
U SHOLD BE OWNER OF WONDERLAND OR SOMTHING! HI FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :!: :D :!:
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:03 am

I think that the adventure is really great, Com Rante. :)

:idea: Please finish it. It would be a great hit if you managed to complete it, even if it takes a lot of time and effort. We are always here to support you.

Com Rante wrote:
tyteen4a03 wrote:

2yu556
Rainbow Keeper

Post by 2yu556 » Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:20 pm

Looks epic Com, another great succsess ima thinkin
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:59 pm

I wrote:When do you think your going to post the textures? :?: :)
Com Rante wrote:Once I finish them. As I previously stated, I have some current commitments that hinder the amount of work I can dedicate to certain projects. I will, however, release the current version of Rainbow's End, along with the brand new "Purple Shore" texture, very shortly. Just wait a little long... :wink:
When you say (or said) 'commitments' I assume you mean (or ment) MoFI if so does that mean the textures will be released shortly? :? :idea: :D
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:32 am

Yes, I was refering to MOFI.

However, yet again I have some other projects + schooling + life taking my time, so I might not get around to finishing a texture for every single color. I do, however, know what I want to do with the colors orange and yellow if I ever get around to creating the rest of the textures. I'm just personally burned out regarding WA, and I want to play around with other things.
cbloopy
Rainbow Master

Post by cbloopy » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:29 am

Com Rante wrote:Yes, I was refering to MOFI.
Are you a designer or tester for MOFI? If you're a designer, I'm curious which one (since the super secret area reveals who the designers were). You can PM me.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Sat Mar 21, 2009 2:39 am

He made Moon Island I think :? :D
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:06 am

Deleted
Last edited by AJQZC on Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:53 pm

Com Rante wrote:However, yet again I have some other projects
Wonderland ones?? :? :?: :D
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:04 am

No.
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Thu Apr 16, 2009 12:55 pm

Com Rante wrote:Actually, quite good. I've finished a whole new world. I'm making the textures more "WA"-ish right now, but progress is a tad slow.

I hope I can finish it within the next 6 months, but maybe sooner than that. I'm not going to promise anything. Most of the "adventure" has been designed, but it is all on paper. I have some other commitments at the moment, so don't be surprised if you have to wait awhile.
Can you send the plans to us? We may be able to help you finish the adventure.
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:11 pm

Sure, I can upload a map of what I was planning...

It will take a few days however.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:13 pm

Com Rante wrote:Sure, I can upload a map of what I was planning...
Yay!!! :D :D :D
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:51 pm

:wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:56 pm

:shock:

There are no words to describe how amazing that is.
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:35 pm

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

*faints* :shock:

*dies*:shock: :shock: :shock:

WOW! :shock:

EDIT: Could you add perhaps a map key? :)

The map is kinda had to under stand right now.... :wink: :)
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sat Apr 25, 2009 12:38 am

Now it's up to our imagination to add in all the necessary stuff... :shock:
But it's really interesting, Com Rante.

Com Rante, there's a word, starting with letter S, that's not very legible (at the top of the map). Can you tell us what it is? :wink:

Last edited by AJQZC on Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:29 am, edited 6 times in total.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:27 am

I just thought, this would be EPIC as a MoFI Demo project.

Okay, okay, so I've got like 3 projects going on right now. But it's just an idea. :lol:
AJQZC
Rainbow Wizard

Post by AJQZC » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:30 am

Some adventure overview:

(We should add a command at the beginning for the Inventory bag to be 5x5 size, and also for all the coloured keys for the final machine to have SubColour 4 in order not to have keys mixed up.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:29 pm

The word starting with the S is "Sales". It is a small shop set up by the Red Thwart. At this shop is where you pay him the 75 coins.

Sorry for the bad handwriting...

Also, if you were wondering, the orange area is a dry valley, complete with train tracks, caves, and a gully. Perhaps I could make that section a tileset...
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Sat Apr 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Com Rante wrote:Also, if you were wondering, the orange area is a dry valley, complete with train tracks, caves, and a gully. Perhaps I could make that section a tileset...
:shock: :shock: :shock:
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
2yu556
Rainbow Keeper

Post by 2yu556 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 3:49 pm

2yu556 wrote:Looks epic Com, another great succsess ima thinkin
Just started reading some of the comments, darn... I was seriously looking forward to this adventure. Oh well, easy come easy go, live and let live. (however I'm sure the adventure was not very easy to make, so "easy" would not be the best term in this position).
maxnick
Rainbow Master

Post by maxnick » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:23 pm

Com Rante wrote:I had my most recent work on a USB, so that I could work on my stuff over vacation, however, the USB broke.
Wait, did the USB physically break, or was it just empty???
Uijt jt nz tjhobuvsf.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 7:51 pm

Hmm... Interesting, I happen to have a plan for a rainbow area within The Rainbow World for my MOFI hub, where I ask if I can use your textures for it?
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:01 pm

You know Com Rante, we now have all the proper tools to make Hubs! Do you still want to abandon Rainbow's End?
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:21 pm

None of my computers would recoginize it. I'm guessing it got full of too much dust or something of the likes.
Hmm... Interesting, I happen to have a plan for a rainbow area within The Rainbow World for my MOFI hub, where I ask if I can use your textures for it?
You don't need to ask to use my textures, they're free for anyone's use. I don't even need you to credit me, so just go ahead and use them.
You know Com Rante, we now have all the proper tools to make Hubs! Do you still want to abandon Rainbow's End?
Although I find the idea of creating a more traditional WA hub interesting, Rainbow's End isn't designed with that formula in mind.
2yu556
Rainbow Keeper

Post by 2yu556 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Com Rante wrote:
None of my computers would recoginize it. I'm guessing it got full of too much dust or something of the likes.
You don't need to ask to use my textures, they're free for anyone's use. I don't even need you to credit me, so just go ahead and use them.
Although I find the idea of creating a more traditional WA hub interesting, Rainbow's End isn't designed with that formula in mind.
Wait how does one make a hub? That would be fairly useful for me.