Adventure 13: Mystery Malfunction REVISED

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Adventure 13: Mystery Malfunction REVISED

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:48 pm

Requires my music pack.

This has to bet the random-est, most messed-up adventure I've ever made, and I've made or am making quite a few of THOSE...

...before you ask, I did NOT copy Welcome00 with this, regarding the fiery insanity. The first wlv. is actually the first wlv. I ever made in the editor. That's why it's so loopy. Wlv.2 I made now. Anyways, enjoy! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:02 pm

Gonna try this 8)
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:22 pm

Good for you 8)
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:55 pm

Can you tell me how to do the fireflower part at the start? It's too hard. :evil:
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:29 pm

I wanna try this tomorrow morning since I love the original level. :P :wink:
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [36%, In Progress]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:34 pm

You have to time it carefully.

SPOILERS!

HOW DO I GET PAST THE NORTHEAST FIREFLOWERS UNSINGED?
Spoiler wrote: For the northeast ones, go past the first, save, than wait until right after the second one's shot and the shots from the southwest have passed before you go. I can't really explain this one.
HOW DO I GET PAST THE SOUTHEAST FIREFLOWERS UNSINGED?
Spoiler wrote: For the southwest ones, go left one unit in the first one's path of fire right after they fire, then wit a second until the northwest fireballs come and go down one unit. Then wait until they fire again and go west again, then wait, then down, and so on until you reach the bottom.
HOW DO I USE THE BRIDGES AND BUTTONS?
Spoiler wrote: Make sure you haven't touched any buttons yet. Step across the grass bridge, collect all the keys, and go to the open path. An invisible toggle shuts the path and opens the other as well as the corner where another key lies and the room where a wood button and chomper are. Use a diamond to re-activate the grass bridge and toggle the wood button twice to kill the chomper. Then once more. Re-activate the grass bridge again. Open the blue gate and step on, but not across, the wood bridge, then go back and re-activate the grass bridge again and go across. Toggle the wood button. Both wood bridges are now active. Use the last diamond button to toggle the grass bridge one last time and go to the transporters. Make sure you've collected all the keys first though, or you won't be able to solve the end of the level.

HOW DO I GET TO THE LEANING TOLLGATE AFTER THE DESERT PART?
Spoiler wrote: Use the spring and ask the chomper NPC for coins. Use the coins to open the tollgate chain. (Some tollgates require 0 coins to open BTW.) Use the key on the lower orange gate. Collect the green keys and red keys, then find the orange diamond button under a bridge and press it. Use the red key to get the magic gloves and step across the metal bridges. Time your way across the spikeyballs. The rest should be easy.

WHERE ARE THE GEMS?
Spoiler wrote:

1 in the desert area, at the bottom. It's half-buried.

5 behind the yellow gates with timers. You need blink to get them all.

1 in the yellow foam area with lots of blue gates, near the bottom. You need blink to get through the foam.

IN THE RUSSIAN COUNTRYSIDE, WHERE ARE ALL THE COINS?

Spoiler wrote: 4 are only accessible by the grass bridges. There are 8 in both houses. 5 lie under the canopy. 5 are spread out on the grass, some near the tollgate surrounded teleporter.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:54 pm

I'm stuck on the transporters now, but I'm sorry to say that I'm not very impressed.

Random, maybe. Mysterious, no way. Mystery Malfunction has a real " :shock: " feeling to it. There's a mysterious stinker who keeps appearing and vanishing, walking on water, bouncing through walls, and many freaky encounters. Many people think that if they make some crazy water and texture effects, it'll be mysterious. They're wrong.

Being random is an art, as MNIK would tell you. You need to make sure your adventures have something holding them together, even if it's Mama Zurkon. This adventure has no mystery about it, it's just odd. I'm not scared or weirded-out or amazed or laughing, I'm just playing. The puzzles are ok (this transporter puzzle is driving me nuts!), but I'm finding it hard to stay focused on the adventure.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 11:42 pm

The Mystery part is a joke. This level has no storyline and is very clear, (although not visibly.)

Plus, I made this back when I first got the editor. I was really bad at using the editor, as you can see. I confused Height with Extrude sometimes.

Also, when I think Mystery Malfunction, I don't think 'mysterious events are happening like a malfunction.' I think 'a malfunction in something that is mysteriously abnormal,' like how a malfunction made my level look so weird when it's just a hall full of junk.

BTW the secret to the transporter puzzle is that it has a ton of red herrings.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:01 am

Wonderman109 wrote:Also, when I think Mystery Malfunction, I don't think 'mysterious events are happening like a malfunction.' I think 'a malfunction in something that is mysteriously abnormal,' like how a malfunction made my level look so weird when it's just a hall full of junk.
Maybe... But you could always add a mysterious NPC who tells you to "Fix the sky" or something like that. The only strange thing in this level is the jumble of textures and extrudes (this looks really amazing, but Mystery Malfunction looked almost completely normal and was still epic). The GAMEPLAY of this adventure is quite good, but it's very difficult to play this without getting bored.

I'll try to do the transporter puzzle again now! :)

P.S, my savegame file for The Copycat Locks got glitched up, and I had to delete it via the WA file. I'm going to have to do it again from scratch, so it might take a while.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:36 am

I'll try this!!
About the music pack, well, my computer is FULL!
It's have only 300 MB free, if i downloaded it my computer will...-
*EXPLODE*
:lol:
I'll download it when i get at least 1000 free MB. :wink:
EDIT: IT IS NOT 300! IT'S 114 MB!!! OMG! :shock:
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 pm

WAIT!!!

V1 was 114 MB. V2 is about...163 MB. Ouch. (I added 10 new tracks, that's probably why.)
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:13 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:WAIT!!!

V1 was 114 MB. V2 is about...163 MB. Ouch. (I added 10 new tracks, that's probably why.)
Hang on, you made a V2?

This music pack is waaaaay to large, Wonderman. Are you certain there isn't a suitable replacement track anywhere?

What's more, some of your tracks are over 7 minutes. I doubt anyone is going to bother with your pack unless you scale it down. :(
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:08 pm

*minor bump*

Erm, 6 or 7 people bothered.

Anyways, I posted here to say that I've started working on a better version that actually is mysterious. So that will probably be my 18th or 19st level or something. I already have my 17th level finished. (It just needs testing.)