Nuked out of Discord...

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Nuked out of Discord...

Post by RoberTime » Sat May 20, 2023 3:47 am

Lately, some wannabe-chad imposter of me came up and spammed all my friends and servers behind my back. Something about a Counter-Strike Global Offensive 2 Airdrop. But I will say this, I don't even have interest in that game, nor would I ever do that. It's just some toxic bot hacker who temporarily got ahold of my account and levelled my entire access.

And now I'm banned/kicked/muted of all my accounts and have sheer limited access to it. I cannot even DM anybody to give the word out, so I resort here. Another thing: Knowing how I am in fear of my Discord experience among people that whoever got ahold of me, and not that I am a hardcore, dedicated user of the platform, I have deleted my account. While I have made this decision tonight, I am uncertain to see myself coming back anytime in the future.

Anybody on the Wonderland Discord who sees this, give the word out to that server.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Nuked out of Discord...

Post by Jutomi » Sat May 20, 2023 4:30 am

Aye, will go ahead and let them know, Robertime.

On the plus side you can always create a new account, but yeah, that is rather inconvenient. I wonder why this keeps happening to you '>_>
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Thu May 25, 2023 1:06 pm

I saw this, and it is either that your discord account email and password were breached or you clicked on something sussy, check the website haveibeenpwned by typing your email and password there which will tell you whether they exist in some breaches (the site is owned by microsoft so (dont) worry)

about the second thing, discord is really getting downhill, and I kinda want a better alternative to replace it at this point, and it will be cool if the new alternative to be end to end encryption and has cool stuff like high upload limit without me paying $100 per year xd
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu May 25, 2023 4:06 pm

RoberTime wrote:
Sat May 20, 2023 3:47 am
Lately, some wannabe-chad imposter of me came up and spammed all my friends and servers behind my back. Something about a Counter-Strike Global Offensive 2 Airdrop. But I will say this, I don't even have interest in that game, nor would I ever do that. It's just some toxic bot hacker who temporarily got ahold of my account and levelled my entire access.

And now I'm banned/kicked/muted of all my accounts and have sheer limited access to it. I cannot even DM anybody to give the word out, so I resort here. Another thing: Knowing how I am in fear of my Discord experience among people that whoever got ahold of me, and not that I am a hardcore, dedicated user of the platform, I have deleted my account. While I have made this decision tonight, I am uncertain to see myself coming back anytime in the future.

Anybody on the Wonderland Discord who sees this, give the word out to that server.
"accounts"? You had more than one and more than one got hacked??

This stuff happens sometimes. It's very easy to breach accounts. The reason you don't see it on a forum as much is that they are more backwater now to these giant chat applications.
nasko222 wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:06 pm
I saw this, and it is either that your discord account email and password were breached or you clicked on something sussy, check the website haveibeenpwned by typing your email and password there which will tell you whether they exist in some breaches (the site is owned by microsoft so (dont) worry)

about the second thing, discord is really getting downhill, and I kinda want a better alternative to replace it at this point, and it will be cool if the new alternative to be end to end encryption and has cool stuff like high upload limit without me paying $100 per year xd
Yes, that's why I advocate for alternatives like Element or Rocketchat on matrix.io, ChatCrypt, and uTox/qTox. If encryption isn't key and you just want a smaller platform, Revolt and Guilded also exist.

As for website handles, I watched a video on youtube about how hackers can insert an "@" into a legitimate domain to turn it into a username:password@email link. So for instance the real 'haveibeenpwned' would be microsoft.com/haveibeenpwned while a fake link would be microsoft.com/@haveibeenpwned.

It would be a good idea for you to review the recent hacking tricks and trends before contemplating a new discord.
RoberTime
Rainbow Seeker

Post by RoberTime » Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:01 am

I am sorry, but Jut was right that I should always make another account. In fact, I'm putting that to consideration. Knowing how frustrated I was with the defacing of my account, I recklessly deleted it. I'm putting the coming back into consideration and may hop back on soon. I realized that Discord is an essential app for me, unlike what Nasko said about its downfall lately, in order to connect and play with others easily.

On the other hand, I don't think banning me/kicking me out of the server wasn't a super wise thing to do. Unless of course you lack the tools to mute me for a set amount of time. Still, I will come back eventually. I just forgot how the link sharing worked (PM?).
nasko222
Rainbow Master

Post by nasko222 » Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:28 am

bruh momentum, they banned u to delete the spam msgs cuz banning deletes recent msgs

also discord sucks asf but its it is essential, there are no just better alternatives that everyone use, like imagine u wanna download some stuff and u have to have discord cuz their downloading server is on discord!!!. And uh when you watch some streamer on twitch, and they always say, MAKE SURE TO JOIN THE DISCORD!!1111 SO YOU DONT MISS ANY NOTIFICATIONS FOR STREAMS!! :D, No one is gonna say download Skype or guilded or any other app
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Jul 15, 2023 12:35 pm

RoberTime wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 3:01 am
I am sorry, but Jut was right that I should always make another account. In fact, I'm putting that to consideration. Knowing how frustrated I was with the defacing of my account, I recklessly deleted it. I'm putting the coming back into consideration and may hop back on soon. I realized that Discord is an essential app for me, unlike what Nasko said about its downfall lately, in order to connect and play with others easily.

On the other hand, I don't think banning me/kicking me out of the server wasn't a super wise thing to do. Unless of course you lack the tools to mute me for a set amount of time. Still, I will come back eventually. I just forgot how the link sharing worked (PM?).
I'm very late to this but you could have revived your account if you had access back, there's a two week grace period on discord (and many sites have one for a month or longer).
nasko222 wrote:
Sat Jul 01, 2023 8:28 am
bruh momentum, they banned u to delete the spam msgs cuz banning deletes recent msgs

also discord sucks asf but its it is essential, there are no just better alternatives that everyone use, like imagine u wanna download some stuff and u have to have discord cuz their downloading server is on discord!!!. And uh when you watch some streamer on twitch, and they always say, MAKE SURE TO JOIN THE DISCORD!!1111 SO YOU DONT MISS ANY NOTIFICATIONS FOR STREAMS!! :D, No one is gonna say download Skype or guilded or any other app
I'm part of the movement to end this trend and push content and comms on other sites again. Discord is putting all your eggs in one basket when it comes to uploading things to there and there only - what happens if the site goes down, your server is banned, or you are banned within a server with (x thing you want)? Yeah. Having to have a social media account in order to follow a streamer or download a game is also icky.