The BIT.TRIP Series

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:37 pm

Also, if you somehow haven't noticed....

RUNNER2 IS OUT PEOPLE!!!!!! (Since Tuesday)

I've already beaten the game, and it is BEAUTIFUL, and, honestly, it was way better than I expected it to be. :D If you liked RUNNER, then go get this one, NOW.

I am now in the process of beating it on Rather Hard. :3
Into The Rainbow!

Next Adventure: The Federation: 0%

Gentleman Scientist Supreme.

Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:45 pm

GRAH, JUST REACHED WORLD 3

HOW ARE YOU SO FAST
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:56 pm

Nobody wrote:GRAH, JUST REACHED WORLD 3

HOW ARE YOU SO FAST
Well, I got a perfect on all of RUNNER's levels on the Wii, so I have some experience...

By the way, if you play with a controller it is SO much easier. I use a program called MotionInJoy to emulate a XBOX360 controller with a PS3 controller. :3
Into The Rainbow!

Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:18 pm

I hope Runner2 becomes retail. Or else I'll have to wait until I get a Wii U as they said it's on the Wii U store
Teb020
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Teb020 » Sun Mar 03, 2013 12:11 pm

I got Saga for the 3ds last night. Let me say this: AMAZING! The only thing I dislike is in Runner, the classic stage because hit boxes hate me in every game. It made me trip when I was above the ledge. :(
See-ya next toim!
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:09 am

I finally got a Triple Perfect+ on every single level in RUNNER2! (That means a Perfect+ on all three difficulties on every level)

WOOT!
Into The Rainbow!

StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:53 am

WOW, THANKS STEAM!
Attachments
cool.PNG
cool.PNG (90.78 KiB) Viewed 3203 times
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:23 am

That's really cool! (Unless you already have it) Wish I had gotten it before I bought it. But then, I purchased it the day it came out, so nothing to do there...

EDIT: UM.... WELL........ Does anyone want one of these?
Attachments
That was unexpected..png
That was unexpected..png (10.58 KiB) Viewed 3193 times
Into The Rainbow!

Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:54 am

TheThaumaturge wrote:I purchased it the day it came out
YOU SHOULD HAVE PRE-ORDERED LIKE I DID!
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Fri Apr 05, 2013 2:57 am

Nobody wrote:
MY PARENTS TOOK A LONG TIME DECIDING WHETHER TO BUY THE GAME OR NOT, OK? D:
Into The Rainbow!

Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Apr 05, 2013 3:01 am

TheThaumaturge wrote:
Nobody wrote:
MY PARENTS TOOK A LONG TIME DECIDING WHETHER TO BUY THE GAME OR NOT, OK? D:
OH, OKAY.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Thu May 09, 2013 1:02 am

I beat Runner, Void, and Flux on my 3DS. Flux is my favorite because of the music and the conclusion of the CV's bit trip.

I beat the iphone version of Beat. The grownth boss was supposed to be really hard but for some reason I found it easy. I even beat it on my first try. Then I noticed on the 3DS version it was hard and couldn't beat it.

Core and Fate are really hard. I couldn't even beat the first stage of Control and I had to watch a video guide as I beat the critical-hitting missile command boss in Exploration. I'm stuck on Frustration where I failed about a half minute when I started. THOSE PINK PROJECTILES
TheThaumaturge
Rainbow Master

Post by TheThaumaturge » Thu May 09, 2013 1:43 am

The ending threw me into a state of depression for a few days. I think that proves how overly obsessed I was with the BIT.TRIP series.

The Growth boss was a major pain in the bosom for me. You have no idea how I raged when I first managed to even GET to the boss and lost miserably. The two paddles phase is the hardest for me.

I had trouble with Exploration's boss as well, but after I beat that, Control was a breeze. I really got into the beat and it helped a lot.

Actually, FATE wasn't TOO much of a hassle for me. Except the last two levels. BULLET HELL UNLEASHED

That ending also made me very sad. :cry:
Into The Rainbow!

Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 2:02 am

I have a few theories of the BIT.TRIP series. All of the series have to do with stages in life and beyond. SPOILERS

In BEAT, CV starts his trip away from his home planet. After the few trials upon getting to his destination, it then goes on to CORE where he gets frightened by other forms (which represent kids afraid of going out on themselves).

In CORE, he gains assistance by other forms to bring him from Point A to Point B. Later on, he doesn't need assistance anymore so he goes on by himself, which definitely fits me right now (few years ago I started going places by my own)

In VOID, he is happy with his freedom in the world, but overuses his power that is interfering with other forms in annoyance. He then gets a taste from some angry form of what it's like to get knocked away by power. He noticed his humiliation and understands how bad he made others feel. Others feeling better, and made connections. His void of connections helps him proceed through life in a great way.

In RUNNER, his void crashes on a surface and he goes on a running trip and meets new friends who accompany him in his life, including his biggest admirer Commandgirl Video. However, he is threatened by a figure named Timbletot who repetitively threatens him with negative words.

In FATE, CV enters a very dark state where Timbletot keeps annoying him. CV is drawn to a line (in-game) which follows to Timbletot. CV's rage to Timbletot starts to build up as he proceeds along the line. The powerups in-game represent the assistance of his friends to make him feel a bit better, but after a while he continues to rage (that's why the powerup depletes after a while). At the end of a lava cave, CV gains total anger, beats up Timbletot, and ends in a deathly fall. Commandgirl Video ran to the scene after the deaths and felt really, really sad about CV's true fate.

Finally in FLUX, CV is not finished with yet. His bright white soul rises and he enters a white, clean realm (it's likely Heaven) and he is thinking his loved ones have fled off (based on the first cutscene) and he has to move on to his departure from the world to here in this white space. CV later on sees the arrival of five instances, each representing the five stages in his life (Beat, Core, Void, Runner, Fate) He gets a closer look at each instance and realizes how he has became a form who understands life. After a few minutes if thinking (the Perception background probably represents his mind trying to gather information with those white squares through a network of roads) he now confirms he has discovered the true meaning of life which makes him a one of the forms with the greatest knowledge; knowing what life is all about. His soul then gets transferred softly back to his home planet and vanishes from space to show that his bit.trip is complete. The end.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:31 am

You know that there's letters about the plot as bonuses in Complete, right?
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 11:50 am

No.

I wish I had Complete though.
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:27 am

It's a bit hard to see, but I've managed to get double of my last personal best on the first stage of CORE. I missed about three times and NEARLY got perfect 8) I usually do "_ _ _" for every scoreboard name but I typed "WIN" for this special moment.

I think I'm gonna buy CORE on steam one day so that I get the HD-ness (or high, non 3DS quality at least) as well as plugging my headphones in and playing at full volume!
Attachments
Snapshot_20131103_2.JPG
Snapshot_20131103_2.JPG (56.03 KiB) Viewed 3100 times