Dreams Discussion Thread(I've missed Deeman's)

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Dreams Discussion Thread(I've missed Deeman's)

Post by Jutomi » Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:53 pm

Well, I've decided that since I couldn't find any topics about them in the search option, I decided to create one myself. :D

This topic's to mostly talk about dreams and nightmares, but daydreams and experiances that may/may not have been dreams are welcome, as well.

This is a topic that is to mostly share dreams and nightmares with one another - no matter how crazy and bizarre, as long as they're not too personal/violate any rules.

Also, for my storyline.
Jutomi, a daydream believer, wrote:The most prominant and glued dream I myself have ever had sure didn't feel like a dream - it felt real.
In fact, due to my senses, it almost felt MoRe real than reality. :shock:

I was sleeping, alongside my brother, one night, when I woke up - I forget how, but I sure did(or at least, so I thought).
I found out that I was, for some reason, resting on a fancy-designed sofa, not unlike a slightly older style you might find from a nice furniture store.

The sofa was either next to the bottum - or at the bottum - of a staircase; I couldn't see up it, last I recall, it was rather dark and obscured. But it was still a bit spooky.

The walls were made of stone, not unlike Fort Knox in Maine, as I recall. :o
However, I thought the floors were wood.

Note: I even could feel the floors as I walked on them, which I've yet to encounter in any other dream.

Any how, my brother was sleeping in a bed, not too far away, so I decided to come up to him.
There was only one sheet - not many blankets on the bed.
I decided that this was peculiar enough, so I decided to just snuggle up with him while I waited for whatever happened to go away.

Unfortunately, it didn't.

Strait down from the bed, you could see a moderately sized hallway that turned left at the end - I don't recall if it turned right as well.
I also can't really recall the ceiling. :shock:

Suddenly, after a short while of lying there - or sitting there, I can't remember - I heard very heavy breathing - very steady.
And... wow, was that horrifying? ,_,

After a fair while of listening to that, scared out of my head, looking up the staircase from the bed and down the hall at closely the same time, I eventually saw this large and, to me, horrifying figure slowly creep out from the left.
He/she/it/some-other slowly moved, and last I recall, this was the point I started screaming. :|

After which, he turn to his right and advanced towards MiToJu's - and my - positions.

He scared me, for some reason...

it was dark, and I think the whole experiance was just plain scary.

What I last recall was he was moving around the bed, wacking along the rims - this bed, mind you, had rims not unlike that of an O shape, the bottum being flat - with some kind of stick, or something - if my memory is correct.

I couldn't even make out the figure, and it's been so long (over 11 years), it's even harder to recall this.

Any how, while the figure did that, while still breathing his constant, rather loud breath, I was screaming for my parents, and must say, even almost hurt my ears doing so - but it was worth it, for me, just to try and get out of there. :(

After I don't know how long, I suddenly snapped up - I can't remember how, but I did - back into what we call "reality".

My brother was there, peacefully sleeping next to me, in my room.

However...
I can't help but think as to why that happened.

There were certain instances - some even quite recent, as of this posting - where I've had quite enigmatic horrors - both positive and negative in believe - that have occured during my sleep.

Not too-too long ago, I also found out that I'm not the only one in the family who's had this. :|

Though I'm still not sure what happened, I can't be 100% certain it was an old-fangled dream - but if it was, it sure makes me question how artificial dreams are.
And, this, mind you, is absolutely true - I don't think I could ever forget it.

So, yes, that's my primary contribution to this topic...
feel free to post as you please of your dreams/nightmares/daydreams/daymares/wakedreams/wakemares/out-of-reality-esc. experiances. :D
Last edited by Jutomi on Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:28 am

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:41 am

Aw, thank you :D

Err.. up to mods to delete/move/merge/do nothing with this topic. :?

TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:15 am

It sounds like you entered into what is called "sleep paralysis" - a common precursor to lucid dreaming. In lucid dreams you can often control your surroundings consciously, and feel physical sensations that seem very real. Sleep paralysis often occurs before a lucid dream, and almost always has menacing "dream characters" that walk around and frighten you. I have experienced this multiple times (one time it was Slenderman). Usually you cannot move while you are experiencing this, hence "paralysis". If you didn't wake up, you might have begun lucid dreaming.

Some people can lucid dream naturally and did it since they were children. Most people don't have that privilege. A lot of people consider lucid dreaming to be a positive goal (such as myself), and try to make it happen. There's a whole discipline surrounding lucid dreaming, where you can do things in real life to make it more likely that you will dream lucidly. I think it's a pretty cool phenomenon. :)
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:58 am

I've heard of lucid dreaming before, I think.

However, I think there was one person who got to the point where he could control all of his dreams, but almost couldn't not control it.
A friend of Etho's(if you've heard of him), I believe.

I was actually near paralyzed...

but, the difference was that I did move around the bed.

However, the general idea of being trapped in a general position still remains that way.

However, the "horrors" are different...
much, much different.

I have actually had dreams where I was able to control what happened, and how they happened.
I've also had dreams where something horrifying would happen, and I'd convince myself it wasn't real - these dreams were fairly realistic, but still paled in comparison to the real thing.

One time, I dreamed that I was cornered by a spider(the only time, last I recall), told myself it was a dream, and actually got up right as the alarm clock broke lose. :shock:

This also makes me wonder why there was a time where every day, I'd wake up at 7:11 sharp. :|

Any how, back to the horrors...
Well, have you ever felt something - almost like a dull, semi-noise sensation in the back of your head?
Sometimes, when you focus on it, or get worried, it gets louder... and more prominant...
and, that used to scare me.

I am sure that that's happened while I was sleeping, to create my "horrors" as I call them.
They'd shock me, and make me eccentric, but, they didn't always end badly.

The first of "The Twin Perspective Dreams" was actually some dream where when I woke up, I started thinking about perspective reality - it ended with some person I played, fainting, perhaps dying, and I woke up with blood rushing to my head - I could barely see for a moment - and almost... happy.
Plus, after that, I'm more than certain my brother read my mind - but I digress.
The second of the twin dreams woke me up to perspective time travel.
In this one, nothing bad happened... in fact, I just traveled back in time, in this college of some sort.
But I sure ended up being almost scared, after the dream.
Note that both times, after the dreams, my neck hurt a bit - due to the "pressureous ring" as I'd call it. :|

One last dream I'd like to mention, though - and, also, I have no idea what kind of dreams these would be, but ...

The last dream that I can recall having, that was strange, was just a couple of weeks ago, I think.
I was dreaming that I was a pacifist trying to save people from governments while my gang helped get me in to travel back in time. :|
When they did, I heard a noise that resembled a cross between a...
well, like a moobot's stopping sound and some of that tinfoil that makes the wibbly wobbly sounds.
It got slower, then everything went black, then it sped up - and got louder - and quickly went so fast that it just flew past my head. :|
That's when I woke up. :?

Not sure what these would be called, but I did think they'd be nice to mention.

Err - sorry for hogging the topic, already. :?
Not as though I'd expect it to last long, but that's not a great reason.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:59 pm

I can legitimately naturally lucid dream. But not often.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:20 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:I can legitimately naturally lucid dream. But not often.
How would you do it illegitimately anyways? :lol:
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:37 pm

As in I'm not lying and I can't do it 'naturally.'
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Tue Jul 22, 2014 10:52 am

I kind of remember there being a thread for dreams, but apparently I've missed it. Oh well.

Locked.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop