An old, obscure Windows game I can't remember... Maybe you can help me?

For discussion of non-Wonderland topics - please read rules!

Moderators: ~xpr'd~, tyteen4a03, Stinky, Emerald141, Qloof234, jdl

rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

An old, obscure Windows game I can't remember... Maybe you can help me?

Post by rainbowmon » Thu Dec 27, 2018 6:52 pm

So, I recently remembered about an old, obscure Windows game that I absolutely LOVED, and I really want to find it again, but I can't remember what it was called. Wonderland is arguably somewhat obscure... Maybe you guys can help me? I've posted everything I remember about it in this thread on Twitter: https://twitter.com/rainbowmon2018/stat ... 23745?s=09

If any of you know what it is, PLEASE tell me! Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: An old, obscure Windows game I can't remember... Maybe you can help me?

Post by Wonderman109 » Thu Dec 27, 2018 10:58 pm

No idea, but I can recommend another old obscure Windows game from 1998, Recoil. Despite its name and description, it has nothing other than screams to barely make it PG instead of E 10+. Look it up, it was moved from CDs to online awhile ago by some sites and it's a great play, especially for multiplayer (but I haven't found anyone else who plays it online as of yet).
TheoX
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TheoX » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:17 pm

That sounds really cool. I'd actually like to know what it is too if you find it.

Try posting on reddit.com/r/tipofmytongue . People have helped me find some really obscure stuff there. Read all the rules for posting before posting, and I recommend copypasting the text from your twitter into the body of the post instead of making people go there (you might get downvoted/ignored otherwise).

Happy hunting!
(✿ ◕ᗜ◕)━♫.*・。゚
Currently making synth music as treehann
I make 2d games too at: treehann.itch.io
My old sig-bar image broke but I'm still thanking Pauline and Janet forever for their art!
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Mon Dec 31, 2018 8:26 pm

Thanks for the suggestion, though I... Don't have a Reddit, and I'm not the kind to make an account for something willy-nilly, especially with something like that.

Do you think I should copy all of the thread here? The main reason I didn't before was because I didn't feel like constantly switching apps on my phone at the time, but I'm not against doing it now.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:35 pm

UPDATE: Thanks to a fellow Wonderfan (@LightningShade0 on Twitter), I think I've finally figured out what in the *UNIVERSE* this game was. I'm not really one for demos, and the little money I have is being saved up for Clive 'N' Wrench later this year, so I can't check it out now... But based on the screenshots, I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999999% sure that this is it.

https://www.blueskied.com/boundaround.htm

I wasn't expecting to suddenly find out what this was 2 years after my original post about it. Guess posting about it in another similar Off-Topic thread not long ago paid off!
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:31 pm

rainbowmon wrote:
Tue Jul 28, 2020 11:35 pm
UPDATE: Thanks to a fellow Wonderfan (@LightningShade0 on Twitter), I think I've finally figured out what in the *UNIVERSE* this game was. I'm not really one for demos, and the little money I have is being saved up for Clive 'N' Wrench later this year, so I can't check it out now... But based on the screenshots, I'm 99.99999999999999999999999999999% sure that this is it.

https://www.blueskied.com/boundaround.htm

I wasn't expecting to suddenly find out what this was 2 years after my original post about it. Guess posting about it in another similar Off-Topic thread not long ago paid off!
Try the demo. If you are sure, I'll buy you a copy.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop