Obsolete Cmd 4 Discussion

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:55 pm

Muzozavr wrote:
We should have just made a whole other topic to criticize Krishiv's race to oblivion.
It's spelled "oblivion" and you should be a bit more careful using the word "race", which can mean two things. Be very careful.
Well, that's why we have context. :mrgreen:
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:06 am

Muzozavr wrote:
We should have just made a whole other topic to criticize Krishiv's race to oblivion.
It's spelled "oblivion" and you should be a bit more careful using the word "race", which can mean two things. Be very careful.
Um. I think you're being too sensitive. :P
Jutomi wrote:P.S. I didn't spell it oblivion..?
Oblivian, lol. :mrgreen:
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:09 am

Late response because I didn't see this earlier, oops.
samuelthx wrote:EDIT: Actually, Qloof, although you are a moderator, IMO you were a bit too harsh. Granted, you're really angry with him, but shouldn't we try to help instead of flaming?
I get what you're saying, and I agree with the principle (though I wouldn't say I was angry, just tired). Having said that, I disagree on two points:

First off, I'd argue that I wasn't "flaming" him, at least not in the standard sense - I'd argue that I was being overly blunt as opposed to anything else. I'm aware my post may have come across as being hateful/malicious in some way, but that wasn't my intention - Rather, I was trying to just put everything I had on my mind in the simplest way I could. That brings me to my other point.

Like I said in that post, this is far from the first time he's been called out for misconduct on here. Tyteen and I have both asked him to shape up before, and I'm certain other people have as well. The thing is, not once has he actually changed his behaviour - From what I recall, each time he was asked to shape up in some way, he gave no indication of having acknowledged the post.

Personally, I believe that being polite and asking nicely is the best way to go, but also that if nothing's changing, then being overly blunt/straight to the point is the only option.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:33 am

I'm renaming the topic because though I named it for this reason, I think that the point was, unfortunately, tossed over like a wonderland-sized stone.

P.S. I am oblivious to the word oblivion. :cry:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:58 am

Qloof234 wrote:Late response because I didn't see this earlier, oops.
samuelthx wrote:EDIT: Actually, Qloof, although you are a moderator, IMO you were a bit too harsh. Granted, you're really angry with him, but shouldn't we try to help instead of flaming?
I get what you're saying, and I agree with the principle (though I wouldn't say I was angry, just tired). Having said that, I disagree on two points:

First off, I'd argue that I wasn't "flaming" him, at least not in the standard sense - I'd argue that I was being overly blunt as opposed to anything else. I'm aware my post may have come across as being hateful/malicious in some way, but that wasn't my intention - Rather, I was trying to just put everything I had on my mind in the simplest way I could. That brings me to my other point.

Like I said in that post, this is far from the first time he's been called out for misconduct on here. Tyteen and I have both asked him to shape up before, and I'm certain other people have as well. The thing is, not once has he actually changed his behaviour - From what I recall, each time he was asked to shape up in some way, he gave no indication of having acknowledged the post.

Personally, I believe that being polite and asking nicely is the best way to go, but also that if nothing's changing, then being overly blunt/straight to the point is the only option.
Ah. I see. But IMO Krishiv does not intend to sound pompous or arrogant. I think he believes that when people post before him it's unfair. Maybe he thinks that it's funny, or it can earn him respect.
He is undoubtedly immature, but maybe we should give him a chance. I dunno...
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:32 pm

samuelthx wrote:but maybe we should give him a chance. I dunno...
I would agree with you if we hadn't already given him about 20 chances.
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:01 pm

So how do i "activate" this command? In fact how bout all Commands?
Don't come in contact with contaminants.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:14 pm

By a general command object or during dialogue.
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:27 pm

StinkerSquad01 wrote:By a general command object or during dialogue.
... I don't quite follow...
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:32 pm

Emerald141 wrote:6.4.6. General Command
This is the button that can do pretty much anything. It can activate any of the game-changing commands (see section 8 ). Just make sure you have Repeatable set to what you want it; that’s one of the most common glitches in levels.
Emerald141 wrote:7.6. Commands in Dialogs
You’ll notice that with every answer you can give to a dialog, there are five more numerical fields: CMD (short for Command), Data1, Data2, Data3, and Data4. These fields work in a similar manner to a General Command button, being able to execute one command per interchange if you so choose. For a full list of commands, see Section 8.
From the Editor Guide.
I suggest newcomers read it as most of the stuff is still the same.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:39 pm

Well, there's this button type in the Wonderland editor, called "General Command". It looks kind of like an X; but, read the name first, because I think there might be an other x-like button(which I know nothing about, as of yet).

You can set its id, to make it 'activatable' or have command four change it in its own right, for that matter. :lol:

You can all so make it say if it's repeatable or not.

Then there's a command option, which is set to four, in this instance.
Then there are four datas. For command four, data 1 is the id to which this command modifies, while data 2 is the section you want to modify per object - personal data, specific to an object, seems to start at 23 and end at 32.
And data 3 is what you want that data changed to. :mrgreen:

Now, in dialogue... well, that's a bit more baffling to get into on this thread; though, I do have a link to the old WA Editor guide via favorites, so you can look up command 21(which starts dialogue) and dialogue itself. :D
[Click me!]

I hope this helps. :mrgreen:

P.S. I'd not be surprised of this is a second explanation.

Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:42 pm

Jutomi wrote:Well, there's this button type in the Wonderland editor, called "General Command". It looks kind of like an X; but, read the name first, because I think there might be an other x-like button(which I know nothing about, as of yet).

You can set its id, to make it 'activatable' or have command four change it in its own right, for that matter. :lol:

You can all so make it say if it's repeatable or not.

Then there's a command option, which is set to four, in this instance.
Then there are four datas. For command four, data 1 is the id to which this command modifies, while data 2 is the section you want to modify per object - personal data, specific to an object, seems to start at 23 and end at 32.
And data 3 is what you want that data changed to. :mrgreen:

Now, in dialogue... well, that's a bit more baffling to get into on this thread; though, I do have a link to the old WA Editor guide via favorites, so you can look up command 21(which starts dialogue) and dialogue itself. :D
[Click me!]

I hope this helps. :mrgreen:

P.S. I'd not be surprised of this is a second explanation.
Thank you. Now to experiment with the fabric of space and time! (Insert theremin break here)
DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 4:03 am

yot yot5 wrote:
samuelthx wrote:but maybe we should give him a chance. I dunno...
I would agree with you if we hadn't already given him about 20 chances.
He has now started to evade his ban on epigam, so he STILL isn't learning.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:29 am

Oh, good glory.

Could we please get back to the topic?

Well over 50% of this is dedicated towards a dispute on krishiv's banmanship. :shock:

And besides that... I still want to know what we could do with this thing. :lol:

I have created one rather useful... err... use, for this, myself; but, you won't get to see it until I finish my hub. :mrgreen;

I'll give you a hint, though; It has something to do with mini-chargers and a very friendly sign.

Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:32 am

Jutomi wrote:Oh, good glory.

Could we please get back to the topic?
Nope
sorry
that's what the sequel's for.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:35 am

So did no-one else notice that I made this thread, or...?

As for Krishiv, looking at the Epigam thread... Yeah, honestly, I think this is a bit of a lost cause now. If getting banned (and told to leave) isn't enough I don't think he's going to listen at all.
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:37 am

Qloof234 wrote:So did no-one else notice that I made this thread, or...?

As for Krishiv, looking at the Epigam thread... Yeah, honestly, I think this is a bit of a lost cause now. If getting banned (and told to leave) isn't enough I don't think he's going to listen at all.
he is unstoppable
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:58 am

Yes, I noticed that thread, but the fact is that we would have never needed that thread if this one stayed as the thread it was supposed to be. :lol:

I'm keeping the name on account of that I don't want to accidentally start up an other flame war, somehow...
but, at the same time, I think I should change it so no body gets the wrong idea. :shock:

Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:27 pm

Just call it "[DERAILED HORRIBLY]" or something.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:43 pm

Good idea. :mrgreen:

DEEMAN223344
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by DEEMAN223344 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:42 pm

Qloof234 wrote:So did no-one else notice that I made this thread, or...?

NOPE! He has now resorted to making alt accounts for the express purpose of actual, legit spamming.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:45 pm

,_,

Maybe I should just delete the topic, somehow...

Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:51 pm

Im tired of kirshiv. I have never actually had a conversation on the forums with him but from what you guys say he seems pretty irritating.