Horrible Idea: Collaborations (aka Collabs)

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Horrible Idea: Collaborations (aka Collabs)

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:02 am

WA tennis matches are cool and all, but I think it would be nice to have a bit more variety in cooperative activities with adventure designers. So I came up with this concept. And by came up with, I mean stole from YouTube.

Rather than being a series of adventures like a tennis, a collab is a single adventure constructed by many people (more people means more better)! Here's how it works. I've highlighted the most important parts in bold.

One person starts the collab. This person is called the Collab Master (or CM for short). The CM lays out the guidelines for the collab. Then, once the CM has notified everyone that they're hosting a collab, everyone can submit entries to the collab if they so choose. Basically, entry submission would work like this: people submit wlvs that satisfy the collab's guidelines to the CM (probably via private message). Once some deadline is reached, the CM will compile all of the wlvs into one adventure and release it.

Of course, people who submit entries to the collab will probably need some way for their entries to be identified when people play it. Maybe with some dialogue at the start of the adventure saying something like "THIS ENTRY TO THE COLLAB WAS MADE BY FRED". Except no person by the name of Fred exists, both on this message board and in the real world. So that would be statistically improbable.

Each entry should be ended in a way that satisfies the collab's guidelines. In particular, entries submitted to the collab should be ended with a LevelExit arrow or other form of CMD7 that MAVs the game so that the CM can know when the entry should end. Obviously, this CMD7/LevelExit arrow MAV should be fixed by the CM so that it leads to the next entry of the collab.

Optionally, the CM can put some wlvs at the beginning and the end of the collab to introduce players to the general premise of the collab and also give an ending to the collab.

Here's an example of what a collab would probably be made up of when completed (assuming that our hypothetical Fred is the Collab Master):

[COLLAB INTRO WLVS (most likely designed by Fred.)]
[COLLAB ENTRIES (consisting of the various wlvs and dias that make up each entry, where each entry is designed by a different user. Each entry will be linked to the next one via CMD7 or LevelExit arrow, as I mentioned above. Of course, Fred can put in his own entry to the collab, too.)]
[COLLAB ENDING WLVS (most likely designed by Fred.)]

Yes.

Pretend I posted pictures of Wyverns here.
yot yot5
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by yot yot5 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:37 am

I like this idea. I shall consider collab-ing with people. :)
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Thu Jul 16, 2015 2:12 pm

This sounds good. I'm not really a good adventure designer, but I could collab with some people.
You posed dramatically.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Yay, Adventure!

Post by Jutomi » Thu Jul 16, 2015 3:00 pm

Yay, adventure! :D
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.