WA Editor Suggestions Topic

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

WA Editor Suggestions Topic

Post by Lazy Loof » Mon Jul 02, 2018 2:41 am

As everyone knows, WA3E archive is at its peak, with almost all the adventures and hubs. I'm also busy creating tutorials and references for editor (which I took from various sources). With much of this done, only thing missing is some ideas and suggestions for the editor.

I'll be glad if you all suggest:
-innovative ideas for making elaborate and elegant puzzles
-ideas for making hubs
-general guidelines for working with editor
-and even more than that, if in your mind
Previously known as Aryan101
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Re: WA Editor Suggestions Topic

Post by ab-47 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:27 am

Not sure if I got this correctly but for the puzzles people generally use the concept of putting the objective goal first and then putting some obstacle which requires secondary objectives (the star is behind a red gate, and the button is across that gap, which can be crossed using brr, which can... And it goes on).

Other experienced designers such as yot yot 5 would make mini puzzles linked together by using an element from the last puzzle in order to solve the next one, best example I can provide is his recipe for disaster adventure (chapter 2 I think).

There was also a user (I think it was SS01) who made a small program that generates random editor elements to use as a puzzle which may be as useful, I'm not sure where is it now.

Hope this helps. :)
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:33 am

ab-47 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:27 am
There was also a user (I think it was SS01) who made a small program that generates random editor elements to use as a puzzle which may be as useful, I'm not sure where is it now.
It was SS01, and I don't know where the random puzzle generator topic is, but I have the .exe file if anyone wants it for some reason.
Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Mon Aug 20, 2018 12:50 pm

FinnThor wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:33 am
ab-47 wrote:
Mon Aug 20, 2018 1:27 am
It was SS01, and I don't know where the random puzzle generator topic is, but I have the .exe file if anyone wants it for some reason.
Sounds interesting. Can I have it? I want to give it a try.
FinnThor
Rainbow Master

Post by FinnThor » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:44 pm

Cheese!

Cheese Vs Pirates, featuring Finn, Timecrokba, and Yoda!
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:58 pm

I don't know but there is some byte in .wlv that can change level's background to black. I only saw it in some adventures, like in jdl's Sporting Goods (sorry but couldn't remember the full title).
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:03 pm

I'm sorry if it's way too late now to mention this, but you can use anything I've made without asking me. Should've pointed that out six years ago when I joined, but I always kind of thought it was assumed that stuff you post here is owned by MS by default; so I didn't know I had to actually give my permission to have stuff I made added to any compilation or archive.