The Hidden Archive, Part One

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

The Hidden Archive, Part One

Post by ab-47 » Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:46 pm

The Hidden Archive Saga
PART 1
PART 2
PART 3

Man, no one has made story-driven adventures for quite a while. I remember back during WAE1 times everyone had their own saga of chronicles with distinctive characters and so, but now it's mostly puzzle-only levels, boy this game was quite the ride. :mrgreen:

Enough with the past. I present to you my new story-driven adventure: The Hidden Archive. a decently sized adventure (25 wlvs and 25 dialogs) that is of the size of 2.3 Megabytes, should take an hour or more to finish it on the first try, and 15-20 minutes on the second try.

There are little to no traditional WA puzzles here: This is a different approach to puzzles, there won't be the raw elements put around with magic or znoo-znee tricks. The puzzles here are different, think of it as a code that you need to break down, dialogs and rooms that provide hints to progress, examining certain obstacles, some clever tricks, and more.

Custom content: Fortunately for you, I packed everything up quite neatly, I'm writing this to provide credit to the amazing work of the designers (although I'm not sure who did most of the custom content :lol: ) so I'll just mention the name of the media: 1- Mayan temples 2- Misty Woods 3- Swamp water texture 4- Bookshelf (modified) model 5- Column 2 6-LabComp2 model 7-Stair_Triple Model 8- Labscam Model 9- Police officer accessory hat. 10- Blue Arcade texture 11- Creepytree model.

I'd also like to mention that I made a new music pack dedicated for this adventure saga only, I'll provide the download link below.

Description: You're headed towards the untouched Masafasza Archives, where there's a monster stirring chaos in there and you need to take it down, things that happen in the Hidden Archive are different from normal WA mechanics, so get ready for anything.

Nothing here is over the top, the puzzles are relatively simple and make sure you do not overthink anything, some are confined to their spaces and I filled the levels with enough hints and clues to help you throughout your playtime.

IMPORTANT NOTE: The mechanisms in the puzzles are delicate, meaning that there's a tiny chance something may go wrong (despite testing it numerous times anything could happen). To minimize the risk of breaking a mechanism, make sure you give a half a second pause between each and every action (if you want to press one button then another), so that nothing breaks and causes you to get stuck, I can assure you that the chances of breaking the level are very low, unless you WANT to break the level, then that's another story. :lol:

How to Install: pretty simple, download the zip file, then extract the contents into your WA file, everything should fill in their respective files and you are good to go! :)

REQUIRES MODDED WA 10.3.1 TO PLAY

MUSIC PACK DOWNLOAD LINK

Codenames: Binary, What's_yours_is_mine, Recruit

I've had a good time working on this, and for whoever plays it I do hope you enjoy it, Honk. 8)

VIDEO SOLUTION HERE These are a series of video solutions made by Jutomi, he worked really hard to get them uploaded on Youtube and I believe it's best to link it here for everyone, in the event you get stuck. Thank you Jutomi! :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by ab-47 on Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:32 am, edited 5 times in total.
LEVEL LIS1
The Hidd3n Archive, Part Four: [33%, Paused]
The Hidden 4rchive, Part Three (Redeemer's Edition)
The Apocollab [0%, Confirmed, Planning]
Are Cookie and Ash Gay? [Cancelled]
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: New Adventure: The Hidden Archive, Part One

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Nov 29, 2021 12:41 am

Who doesn't want to break levels? Sometimes it's interesting.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:07 pm

VERY unique adventure with definitely intriguing ideas. And the "special" mechanic is fun to use. My only complaint is that I wish the last puzzle wasn't as traditional, but at least it was pretty straight-forward like the others. The rest was well done, though. :mrgreen:

Thanks for the fun!
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
sodapop!
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sodapop! » Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:47 am

I'm really enjoying this adventure so far! I'm a little bit confused with the bridge mosaic puzzle- I know which design I'm supposed to look at, I just can't figure out what the order of the buttons is supposed to be.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Wed Feb 16, 2022 7:31 am

sodapop! wrote:
Wed Feb 16, 2022 12:47 am
I'm really enjoying this adventure so far! I'm a little bit confused with the bridge mosaic puzzle- I know which design I'm supposed to look at, I just can't figure out what the order of the buttons is supposed to be.
Hey there! for the bridge mosaic puzzles one of the rooms actually has a clue about it. If you are still unsure which room is it you can check the hints down below:
Small hint wrote:The left room next to the engine room has a bookshelf with a helpful clue, it will guide you on how to start the sequence, make sure you press them and give each button a 0.5-1 second delay.
The hint states that buttons begin from left to right, the design is just a visual appearance. IF two buttons are vertically aligned to each other, always go for the top one first.
All 3 mosaics need 5 buttons to be pressed.
Medium hint wrote:If you notice carefully in the first mosaic, there are pressed buttons already. Avoid them since these are just there to provide different probabilities.
Big hint (and potentially part of the solution) wrote:
This is the first bridge, there are always two possibilities:
1- brown -> brown /swamp -> brown / metal -> swamp -> brown
2- brown -> swamp -> brown -> swamp/metal -> metal

whichever buttons are already pressed will rule out the possibility, leaving the other one.

Lemme know if you need help on this part. :wink:
LEVEL LIS1
sodapop!
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sodapop! » Wed Feb 16, 2022 3:18 pm

I already did the first bridge puzzle, but I'm actually not sure I did it the right way. All I did was press the buttons following the spaces in the spring area beneath the green bridges.

Beside that, I was wondering about the second bridge puzzle. Ria told me what mosaic to look at, I'm just wondering what the order of the buttons is supposed to be since the design isn't very linear.

EDIT: Ok, I went back and used your hints to do the first bridge the right way. I managed to get the second puzzle down pretty quickly after that. 8) Thank you so much!

EDIT 2: Just beat it! This was a really good adventure- the puzzles were hard, but easy enough for a not-so-experienced one such as myself to work through without too much trouble. Can't wait for part two!
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Thu Feb 17, 2022 1:42 am

sodapop! wrote:EDIT 2: Just beat it! This was a really good adventure- the puzzles were hard, but easy enough for a not-so-experienced one such as myself to work through without too much trouble. Can't wait for part two!
Hello again! Glad to see you finally beat the mosaic area, and ultimately beating the adventure altogether. I agree with the fact that the puzzles are not too difficult as I wanted to take a non-traditional approach in puzzle designing with WA. I can safely say it resulted in something enjoyable here! :lol:

Have a good one, cheers~
LEVEL LIS1
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Apr 12, 2022 12:41 am

ab-47 wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:46 pm
Man, no one has made story-driven adventures for quite a while. I remember back during WAE1 times everyone had their own saga of chronicles with distinctive characters and so, but now it's mostly puzzle-only levels, boy this game was quite the ride. :mrgreen:
I can see it being done now; a bunch of single-puzzle adventures where there is a single instance of dialog/story before or at the end of each level.
And it's like you're watching the story unfold from a distance in the WAKE UP X THE WORLD NEEDS YOU. PLEASE WAKE UP YOURE IN A COMA style.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue May 24, 2022 9:22 pm

Hi Ash! My, this was a very fun and unique adventure: fully recommend folks play it, might ask Kamerson to try it out once he's done with The End lol.

Took me a long time to get to this - and longer to actually upload my videos for it - but I've done just that! Hope you enjoy; I certainly did! :mrgreen:
(Well ok editing not so much but I still felt like it lol.)

Part 1 - Recruit
Part 2 - Gadgets
Part 3 - This Binary Greenpath
Part 4 - Masafasza Archives
Part 5 - Let There Be Light
Part 6 - Funny Library
Part 7 - Power Point
Part 8 - Funny Guy's Code
Part 9 - Left
Part 10 - Right
Part 11 - Happy Box Family

Can't wait to eventually get to Part Two. :)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Fungus
Bronze Wonderlander

Re: The Hidden Archive, Part One

Post by Fungus » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:51 am

I got gold! This was a very cool concept for an adventure; I'm looking forward to playing through the rest!
Spoilers wrote:I especially liked the puzzle where you had to use Flow + Blink to get a peek at the buttons with the Spy-Eye.
I see what you meant about the puzzles being delicate - the combination doors were pretty finicky.
I also lost a box by accidentally placing two of them on the same button, although I suppose there's probably no way to prevent that. :lol:

Also: Some wonderful music picks - definitely didn't expect to hear the Bunker theme from Nier: Automata.
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Re: The Hidden Archive, Part One

Post by ab-47 » Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:18 pm

Fungus wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:51 am
Also: Some wonderful music picks - definitely didn't expect to hear the Bunker theme from Nier: Automata.
Nier's music is some of the best I've ever listened to compared to other video games. To my surprise, Fortress of Lies (bunker OST) fits Wonderland rather well so I'm glad to have used it. :)
LEVEL LIS1