Adventure #65: The End 4

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Adventure #65: The End 4

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:53 am

I'm quite happy with the way this adventure turned out. :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:14 am

EDIT: nvm, got it
Koopson44
Rainbow Master

Post by Koopson44 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:17 am

Byotiful. Also I know its spelled wrong.
Don't come in contact with contaminants.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:33 am

Best one yet.
Spoiler wrote: Especially those three thwarts at the end. I wonder what that could mean?
And it also took me the longest. This storyline is getting more interesting.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:45 am

ghost room

0/10

On a serious note, this was fun. IMO the ghost room was a bit too trial-and-error due to being dark, though. Other than that, 8)
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:55 am

Qloof234 wrote:ghost room

0/10
nope
that was great

All of this TE was great. I think I feel a timeline developing...

From earliest to latest: 3 4 2 1

Possibly.

With this series, though, who can really be sure?
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:12 am

Nobody wrote:

0/10
nope
that was great

Possibly.

Your timeline is based on the creepy stinker's words, right?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:20 am

Kooky... :cry:
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:22 am

Wonderman109 wrote:
Nobody wrote:

0/10
nope
that was great

Possibly.

Your timeline is based on the creepy stinker's words, right?
Primarily, yes.

Here's my basic theory:
My theory wrote:In number 3, you start out in a relatively peaceful place compared to in the first two. Creepy Stinker then says something about how it's not the right time (possibly signifying that it's too early), causing the place to become End-ish.

Number 4 starts out with false hope and a "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO" boast thing from Creepy Stinker, which makes more sense to me as an early-journey event. Plus, the "corridor" scene from 3 is revisited, which would make sense as something that didn't happen too long after 3.

Number 2 only really fits between 4 and 1 if my theory on 1 is correct.

Number 1 would be the latest chronological End, because the most generically weird stuff is in it, meaning the End has reached full strength. Plus, Creepy Stinker asks you if you're happy, suggesting that he was trying to make you happy, and he's now ready to ask if he's succeeded, suggesting he's put a lot of work into his mission by this point.
Of course, MNIK could prove this all wrong.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:24 am

Even my stories aren't this twisted.

Though, you might be paired with MiToJu's stories.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:31 am

My theory wrote:In number 3, you start out in a relatively peaceful place compared to in the first two. Creepy Stinker then says something about how it's not the right time (possibly signifying that it's too early), causing the place to become End-ish.
My response wrote: Yes, that does make sense. I think Creepy Stinker is a sort of initiator of the End effect, maybe like the similar stinker in Gem Chompers. Although in that case, it was more the Slenderthwart and the invisible chomper with its red buttons that decayed or corrupted the areas, at least at first.
My theory wrote: Number 4 starts out with false hope and a "LOOK WHAT I CAN DO" boast thing from Creepy Stinker, which makes more sense to me as an early-journey event. Plus, the "corridor" scene from 3 is revisited, which would make sense as something that didn't happen too long after 3.
My response wrote: So 4 happened after 3. But that doesn't mean it happened RIGHT after 3.

EDIT: And also, the black sign states that it's glad the player's back. That sounds like something that it would say after meeting the player several times, not just once before. I think the false hope break might have been a temporary weakening of The End's force before the team regained power, leaving the player unable to fight back once again.
My theory wrote: Number 2 only really fits between 4 and 1 if my theory on 1 is correct.
My response wrote: 2 has little storyline relevance right now. It's just the stinker saying that the 'monsters' (maybe morphed regular stinkers and Kaboom!s?) always get their revenge. The question is, on who, as the stinker is safe while the player is being attacked by them. Then CS says "Don't look," which is more just comic relief put in a creepy way than anything else.
My theory wrote: Number 1 would be the latest chronological End, because the most generically weird stuff is in it, meaning the End has reached full strength. Plus, Creepy Stinker asks you if you're happy, suggesting that he was trying to make you happy, and he's now ready to ask if he's succeeded, suggesting he's put a lot of work into his mission by this point.
Of course, MNIK could prove this all wrong.
My response wrote: Indeed, because I disagree on 1 being the weirdest. It had the biggest influence on everyone because it was unexpected, but I think The Ends have been becoming weirder as the saga progresses. Its strength has not declined since Part 1. And his single statement is more likely to be mocking the player about the horrible effect of the End on everything, not asking politely if he did a good job of ruining the world.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:33 am

It makes me really happy that people are theorizing! It's very interesting to read how people explain everything that's going on. :D

I'll just confirm that the series is indeed not in chronological order. ;)
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:33 am

Phantasmal as usual. :)
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:41 am

Wonderman's response wrote:Indeed, because I disagree on 1 being the weirdest. It had the biggest influence on everyone because it was unexpected, but I think The Ends have been becoming weirder as the saga progresses. Its strength has not declined since Part 1. And his single statement is more likely to be mocking the player about the horrible effect of the End on everything, not asking politely if he did a good job of ruining the world.
My counter-response wrote:I'm not saying that 2-4 didn't live up to 1's standards. I'm just saying, something about 1 still feels more "classically twisted", even when revisiting it. As for the "are you happy?" thing, I'm assuming that the Creepy Stinker is twisted enough to be, or at least be pretending to be, trying to help the world be "better", even if its own version of "better" is actually worse. Not everything in The End needs to be White and Black morality, and the Creepy Stinker doesn't have to be the type of villain who goes "So, how do you like my dastardly plan? Nyeh heh heh!" Not that it's necessarily not that type of villain. I'm not saying I'm definitively right.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:44 am

My counter-response wrote:I'm not saying that 2-4 didn't live up to 1's standards. I'm just saying, something about 1 still feels more "classically twisted", even when revisiting it. As for the "are you happy?" thing, I'm assuming that the Creepy Stinker is twisted enough to be, or at least be pretending to be, trying to help the world be "better", even if its own version of "better" is actually worse. Not everything in The End needs to be White and Black morality, and the Creepy Stinker doesn't have to be the type of villain who goes "So, how do you like my dastardly plan? Nyeh heh heh!" Not that it's necessarily not that type of villain. I'm not saying I'm definitively right.
My counter-response wrote: Yes, 1 is the simplest, so it feels more classically twisted, but just because it is the purest form of nightmare fuel doesn't make it the strongest for sure. :wink:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 2:51 am

Yes, but since it seems to have had the biggest impact on the Wonderland forums, surely that means that it's at its height in the weird? :lol:

Think about it, it's a game that's sucked people into the void along with it; I think there's something to be said about that.

Not as if the later ones didn't do that(They're in fact slowly scaring me more and more), but my point being is that the shock value was pretty high. :shock:

P.S. My theory is that the whole thing is scary and I should just go to bed.

Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Apr 05, 2014 3:04 am

Wonderman's edit that I just saw wrote:EDIT: And also, the black sign states that it's glad the player's back. That sounds like something that it would say after meeting the player several times, not just once before. I think the false hope break might have been a temporary weakening of The End's force before the team regained power, leaving the player unable to fight back once again.
Yet another response wrote:Or the black sign could have only met the player once, with a lasting first impression, then after the player's hope-interlude (which I admit could have been non-false, there's not much evidence either way yet), mockingly welcomed the player back. "Welcome back[ forever this time]!" I know I just argued that the Creepy Stinker wasn't mocking the player, but the black sign is a completely different character, who we quite possibly know even less about.
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Sat Apr 05, 2014 8:34 am

My favorite "The end" so far!
It was so weird, and:
SPOILERS wrote:The ghost gate thing, it was awesome...
EDIT: Also, the ending was the most creepy thing in all "the end" levels, IMO.
:shock:
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:10 am

Well, I'm not going to make theories, I'm just going to enjoy the scariest WA adventure series I've ever played. 8) :o :lol:

... am I the only one who blew myself up on that barrel the first time?

Also, DAT CRAB. Oh god. That hurts. Also, did you notice it goes through walls and basically everything when it "activates"? If the same effect happens when you POP it, that's an interesting behaviour that can be used with this kind of object. But seriously, dat crab. So much paranoia in one adventure.

Are the thwarts plot-meaningful or are they just one last "BOO!" to creep us out?
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Sat Apr 05, 2014 10:20 am

Muzozavr wrote: ... am I the only one who blew myself up on that barrel the first time?
Nope. It did help lead to the realization that you could pow that tnt-looking barrel for me though.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:14 pm

I blew myself up, too. :lol:

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:13 pm

Nobody wrote:
Wonderman's edit that I just saw wrote:EDIT: And also, the black sign states that it's glad the player's back. That sounds like something that it would say after meeting the player several times, not just once before. I think the false hope break might have been a temporary weakening of The End's force before the team regained power, leaving the player unable to fight back once again.
Yet another response wrote:Or the black sign could have only met the player once, with a lasting first impression, then after the player's hope-interlude (which I admit could have been non-false, there's not much evidence either way yet), mockingly welcomed the player back. "Welcome back[ forever this time]!" I know I just argued that the Creepy Stinker wasn't mocking the player, but the black sign is a completely different character, who we quite possibly know even less about.
Speaking of which, who are the other 'friends' of the creepy stinker besides the black sign? Does that mean the monsters like the tentacles and chompers, or have other creatures been repeating as well that I haven't noticed?
Muzozavr wrote:Well, I'm not going to make theories, I'm just going to enjoy the scariest WA adventure series I've ever played. 8) :o :lol:

... am I the only one who blew myself up on that barrel the first time?

Also, DAT CRAB. Oh god. That hurts. Also, did you notice it goes through walls and basically everything when it "activates"? If the same effect happens when you POP it, that's an interesting behaviour that can be used with this kind of object. But seriously, dat crab. So much paranoia in one adventure.

Are the thwarts plot-meaningful or are they just one last "BOO!" to creep us out?
I think everyone fell for the first barrel. I fell for and got scared by all four of them, even when I was trying to be careful with the last one by the rainbow button.

The crab was just epic.

And as for the thwarts, I would say both.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:35 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:Speaking of which, who are the other 'friends' of the creepy stinker besides the black sign? Does that mean the monsters like the tentacles and chompers, or have other creatures been repeating as well that I haven't noticed?
I'm guessing it's every entity in The End. Except, possibly, for any entities it can't control. If there are any.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sat Apr 05, 2014 7:48 pm

It can't change tile logic.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Apr 06, 2014 12:44 am

DP I have another, better theory based off this.
My theory wrote:The End is actually the beginning- all of Wonderland starts as the End and then hardens into shape. The stinker meant that the player was too far in the future.

Likewise, it could be that The End is the certain destination for all of the parts of Wonderland, being its last form of each and every wlv before complete annihilation. That would be a mixture between WA1's story if the player failed and the scary 'future of Wonderland' yotyot envisioned in one of his Wa1 levels.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Apr 06, 2014 1:27 am

You're theorizing that the home of friendly colours spawned from a corrupted playground?

Makes sense!

samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Apr 06, 2014 4:58 am

This level was one of your best ends! The Gate-Chomper chase took quite a lot of my time, though :P
I'm not gonna start theorising. I'll just see how this series turns out. :twisted:
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:01 pm

BUMP

How do I get past the chomper when you first get to the scary place? (Ex: The swirling cage, the mysterious stinker, the switched-logic barrels)
You posed dramatically.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:24 pm

Head into the dead end on the left (the one marked by the red LevelExit arrows).
loofisawesome
Rainbow Wizard

Post by loofisawesome » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:08 pm

Now I got the key from the crab/lurker.. err.. thingy.. but I can't get to the transporter gate next to the shrinking arrows without getting fried from the tentacle hat hangs nnear the star. Help?
You posed dramatically.