Amusing

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Amusing

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 1:41 am

Flash just keeps getting glitchier. This is going to be part of my next Glitch Archive. And then there's the level starting point bugs- starting at 1,1 in a background tile is like a once-bridge but in a wall, and starting at 0,0 messes up the player's position.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue Apr 08, 2014 4:53 am

Uh, I collected the Gold star in the third room without using Blink. Was that supposed to happen?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:46 am

I found that odd too. :P
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue Apr 08, 2014 8:50 pm

samuelthx wrote:Uh, I collected the Gold star in the third room without using Blink. Was that supposed to happen?
Yes, because for some reason, the glitch preventing you from Flashing the barrel on the circle button on the level edge didn't happen when there was a row of regular non-edgy tiles. The magic charger still produced an unflashable invisible barrel when I tested it though.

My point here is that this could be very useful for 'Mystery Malfunction' type puzzles, since the glitch behavior seems to be stable.

Also, the Blink showed that trying to Blink on an edge freezes you. I don't think the player should be unable to move while blinking, because this can create problems where a Blink spell dissipates in mid-air from flying too long. (Think bouncing off ice walls.) As the shot didn't hit a define obstacle in these cases, but it didn't reach its target either, you're left in 'Blink-Freeze' mode. :|