Adventure: Ghost in the Machine (GLITCH)

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Adventure: Ghost in the Machine (GLITCH)

Post by Jutomi » Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:55 pm

Size: Small

I've really been in the mood to make glitch adventures lately, haven't I?

This adventure uses strange glitches featured in Cookie's "Counterclockwise", as well as my adventures "Toy Guns and Forcefields" and "Lost in Time".

This is very, very difficult if you're not familiar with the very, very bizarre things you can pull off in Wonderland.
It is also very, very fun if you can figure it out. :)

Good luck, and at the very least, hopefully you can enjoy the edgy aesthetic.

Video Solution: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X75Kk3hwM7g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Jutomi on Sun Jul 03, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Adventure: Ghosts in the Machine (GLITCH)

Post by Jutomi » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:21 pm

Reuploaded to include a small hint. :)

Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Sun Oct 10, 2021 7:11 pm

And a video solution has been uploaded!

Now, in case you're still confused just watching the video, here's a rundown of what the heck is going on.
The Most Complicated Glitch wrote:The Lost in Time Glitch, as I like to call it. Basically, this is a glitch that I first used in the adventure "Lost in Time" (one of my earliest adventures), and was the reason I made this adventure. However, since even I was still learning how this glitch worked making this adventure, I realized that there's more detail that I will probably go through in a near future adventure.

Basically, what happens is when you have an object flashed, and you try flashing to put it down somewhere, if that tile is normally floor but is occupied by something (be it: a monster moving onto the tile, a ghost that's invisible [but you have to activate it at least once first], or four tiles around a zapbot[more on that in Glitch 2]), the object will become stuck at 1,1 (where flashed objects go) while allowing you to flash another object.

What this essentially does is create a "ghost" object. However, it's not necessarily lost forever! Because both the "lost" and a "new" flashed object occupy the same tile, depending on which object was placed in the editor (hence the Spirit < Bomb < Key < Z-Bot hint), the LAST PLACED object will be the one to be flashed, while the others will remain at 1,1. This allows you to "ghost" a TNT Barrel, flash a zapbot elsewhere first (because I placed them afterwards), and then flash a ghost in and "exchange" it for a TNT barrel (since ghosts were placed before the TNT barrels.)

This is all a long-winded way to say this is a stupid glitch. :lol:
The other glitches referenced in the Chronicles of Dr. G Lichtenstein wrote:1) The Zapbot Forcefield Glitch. Idk if that's really a good name, since I just came up with it in my adventure Toy Guns and Forcefields. Basically, wherever a stationary zapbot is placed, no entities (other than you) can move on any of the bot's four adjacent tiles. (This also means that trying to flash something onto these tiles will "ghost" them.) If you flash the zapbot and put it somewhere else, the original "forcefields" remain - plus new forcefields are created around where the zapbot was flashed. Why is this a thing? I doubt even Patrick knows.

2) There's a weird glitch where putting certain objects on springs causes objects to move through odd tiles. I first discovered this in Cookie's "Counter-Clockwise" in their Cookie Crumbs 2 adventure pack. With barrels (and tnt barrels), once springed... well, two things happen. Either they explode (which will happen if a floor tile is the next tile in their "path"), or they will fly (which will happen if water is in their path). They will keep going until they hit a floor tile. Interestingly, they interact with bridges when raised and fly over them when sunk. Idk what this would be called, since springs act weird with a lot of odd objects, so I'd put this in a category of "spring glitches".

3) So there's one other bug that's not as outright ridiculous, and that's hinted by "Under Key and Laser". Basically, if you walk into a collectable - be it a key or a gem, what-have-you, you are safe from dying. This is because, even though you can move through the object, there is still a "ghost entity" that blocks spells, monsters, and - yes, zapbot beams, while you're inside the item. There's actually a surprising amount of grace period here, and you can actually shoot magic while inside a collected item.
This is my Frankenstein's Monster. I hope that, if anything, you enjoy the video. Hopefully there'll be a few more glitch adventures coming out soon that will better showcase and explain each one. :)

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:50 pm

Spoiler comment: For the Zapbot glitch in particular, I'm thinking that the AI tries to pick the next tile the bot plans to move to to block it off as solid, but it can't do this if it doesn't know which way to go and so it gives up by blocking all of them.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:07 pm

That very well may be :lol: another possibility someone brought up was that:
Spoiler Theory wrote:the zapbot might have invisible things in place to prevent it from moving.
Either way, it's a really weird glitch :lol: