New Adventure: Pizza Pass

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

New Adventure: Pizza Pass

Post by jdl » Sun Oct 10, 2021 2:32 am

This adventure requires OpenWA! Click here to download it.

A new adventure? From me?! Insane!

I had a little idea pop into my head and I wanted to see if I could make it a reality.
This adventure is based off of the puzzle "Pizza Pass" from the game Logical Journey of the Zoombinis.
You have to use trial and error to determine what kind of pizza the troll wants.
In the original game, the solution is different every time you load the puzzle, so I was able to use Scritters in Cages to determine the random solution, since as far as I know that's the only way in the WA engine that you can achieve randomness.

Hopefully I've found all the bugs! There's one minor thing though - If you're skipping through the dialog fast, don't step onto the spot where the pizza item is until after it appears, otherwise the item won't appear and the adventure is softlocked due to the pizza machine dialog not being reset to the correct interchange. I could have fixed this by moving the item further away from the machine, but I couldn't be bothered since I just wanted to get this finished. Also I already like how the item appears visually, so I'm not sure how it would look if I moved it. Oh, and I couldn't figure out a way to get the "It's dark!" message to not appear, so ignore that. I wanted the adventure to start in the dark, like the original puzzle's intro.

I left the mechanism uncovered, so if anyone is interested in how I did this, feel free to look in the editor. (Please don't, it's a mess.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Re: New Adventure: Pizza Pass

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:16 pm

Randomness is also achievable with coilies/broken Z-bots, but the scritter randomness is in single controlled rolls instead of continuous rolls.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Adventure: Pizza Pass

Post by Jutomi » Mon Dec 27, 2021 8:19 pm

So I actually recorded this two months ago, but I forgot to link it here :lol:

This was a very fun adventure, JDL! I very much enjoyed it :mrgreen:

Here's an example playthrough if anyone wants a taste: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EYQDsk6t7wk

Nice to see you again, JDL; sorry I didn't type to ya but you know me, endlessly delaying things. ;) #hub
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.