I've been thinking something like that would be really nice!
new MNIKEditor build 6/15/22
- Custom brushes can now be resized without losing the custom brush. This makes it very easy to expand small copied regions into very large regions of the same pattern.
- Added a new toolbar setting called brush wrap which affects custom brush mode. Brush wrap relative is the brush setting you're used to. Brush wrap modulus makes the tiles or objects grabbed in your custom brush wrap around the edge of the brush based on the brush's position. This make it possible to easily do tilings such as checkerboards.
- Objects can now be placed outside of the level boundaries. This is useful for placing distant scenery objects or for teleporting other objects into the scene with CMD 42. Objects also no longer get deleted if they're outside the level during a resize. The brush now renders outside of the level boundaries.
- Switching between dupe modes now causes the brush to switch into set axis mode, which lets you click a tile to set the mirror axis there.
- Resizing the level now moves all objects' adjuster-based positions along with the resizing. This affects NPC move commands, general commands with CMD 7/11/41/42/61, LevelExits in this level that lead to this level, the MoveXGoal/MoveYGoal adjusters, magic/meteor shooters, cuboid CMDs, and motherships.
- Tweaked the Resize Current/Duplicate tooltip text so that the current Resize Current/Duplicate status is on the right side of the tooltip, where the actual level dimensions are.