(FIXED, NOT ACTUALLY A BUG) - custom music slowed a bit

The Wonderland Open Source Project

Moderators: ILoveWonderland, Sammy_P, Lazy Loof

PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

(FIXED, NOT ACTUALLY A BUG) - custom music slowed a bit

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:31 pm

hello, i'm working on some stuff for a project and i'm adding custom music to wlvs. it works perfectly fine, but for some reason when i enter the wlv, the music gets slowed down automatically. the original tracks work completely fine.
Last edited by PhoenixBlaze on Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Re: Bug - custom music slowed a bit

Post by Lazy Loof » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:02 pm

PhoenixBlaze wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 6:31 pm
hello, i'm working on some stuff for a project and i'm adding custom music to wlvs. it works perfectly fine, but for some reason when i enter the wlv, the music gets slowed down automatically. the original tracks work completely fine.
Check if there's any command 12 around. Also whenever you change levels, the game automatically adjusts the Pitch of the level music to 44 whenever any level is started (except for the saved games), maybe that's the issue?
Previously known as Aryan101
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:06 pm

Lazy Loof wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:02 pm
Check if there's any command 12 around. Also whenever you change levels, the game automatically adjusts the Pitch of the level music to 44 whenever any level is started (except for the saved games), maybe that's the issue?
I know there aren't any cmd 12s around, I already checked. The music I added sounds fine when listening to the file, but playing it ingame slows it down.

Strangely enough, this doesn't happen to other levels with other custom music; I was playing one of Emerald141's levels for inspiration and the music was fine. It's only my levels, or the music only I added.
Lazy Loof
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Lazy Loof » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:09 pm

PhoenixBlaze wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:06 pm
Lazy Loof wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:02 pm
I know there aren't any cmd 12s around, I already checked. The music I added sounds fine when listening to the file, but playing it ingame slows it down.

Strangely enough, this doesn't happen to other levels with other custom music; I was playing one of Emerald141's levels for inspiration and the music was fine. It's only my levels, or the music only I added.
I guess the issue is same i.e your music probably has higher frequency, but the game reduces it to the 44000 Hz thus causing slow down.
Previously known as Aryan101
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:13 pm

Lazy Loof wrote:
Thu Apr 01, 2021 3:09 pm
I guess the issue is same i.e your music probably has higher frequency, but the game reduces it to the 44000 Hz thus causing slow down.
That might actually be it... I'll try downloading the music from a different site than the one I used.
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Re: (FIXED, NOT ACTUALLY A BUG) - custom music slowed a bit

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Fri Apr 02, 2021 10:50 pm

Turns out the frequency WAS higher than it should have been! I managed to fix it with audacity. So it really wasn't a bug at all. Sorry for the trouble!
sodapop!
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sodapop! » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:45 pm

For future reference- after dealing with the same problem again, I just used a website to download the music from youtube and then convert it to an .ogg file with this website.
Last edited by sodapop! on Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon Aug 07, 2023 11:40 pm

sodapop! wrote:
Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:45 pm
For future reference- after dealing with the same problem again, I just used a website to download the music from youtube and then convert it to an .ogg file with this website.
Just so you know, the link in your post doesn't work.
It looks like there's a bug in the forum software where links that do not start with "http(s)://" will become relative links for some reason. :?
The fixed link can be found here.
sodapop!
Silver Wonderlander

Post by sodapop! » Tue Aug 08, 2023 12:15 am

Alright, fixed. Thanks for telling me.