WHO LIVES IN A HOUSE LIKE THIS?

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 12:29 pm

I'm working on my guesses - so far, I know I know one of them - and I think it's mine.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:27 pm

Mahaloof wrote:
I thought that Duiveltje had made a joke, but when I went outside to do some shopping, there she was, and armed to the teeth!

Anyway, to my horror, she was loaded with apples, bananas, strawberries, a kiwi, some mango's ánd, how low can a person sink, a pineapple!
I warned you :twisted: :twisted: Image
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Fri Sep 29, 2006 1:57 pm

There she is! Call the......do something......get the.........DOH!

:? ...too late... :?
kaz67
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by kaz67 » Fri Sep 29, 2006 4:11 pm

Well my entries are in - I entered for fun and then spent a long time studying posts, profiles, clues, Geography websites, old textbooks etc etc - how competitive ? :roll:

(According to one US website and my hilarious attempt at finding the states - I wouldn't make 3rd Grade !! :oops: :oops: )

Lillie & Poops, you've done a grand job - I really enjoyed this one, can't wait for the next - "Who Lives Inside a House Like This" :lol: :lol:

Thanks Girls :P

Kazza x :D :D
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Sep 29, 2006 5:00 pm

I think we all entered for the fun of it, who knew there'd be so much work involved. But all in all it was fun just coming in and reading the board. I thought I was going to have to go in to the ER and have stitches put in my sides cause they were busting out laughing, I was cracking up.
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:30 pm

kaz67 wrote: (According to one US website and my hilarious attempt at finding the states - I wouldn't make 3rd Grade !! :oops: :oops: )
Well, try finding Manchester , Netherlands, Amsterdam, Norway.... and all those places you folks live in England are those cities, counties, townships, parishes or what?????? :? :? :?

I did know what the giant Clog was though :wink: :lol: :lol:
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:41 pm

I did know what the giant Clog was though
You don't really think I live there, do you? There's no room for a tv, let alone a DVD player!
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Sep 29, 2006 9:57 pm

well, I must confess yes, I thought that was your home :oops: I thought it to be quite clever... while there may not be room for a TV or DVD player, it could be filled with water & used as a bathtub. Considering you're still recovering from the horrid pineapple incident that could be quite handy :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:08 pm

You know, it would be a wonderful stunt to actually take a bath in there, in the middle of the street. And while the bubbles are dancing around and floating in the air, to loudly sing:
"The Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiills are aliiiiiiiiiiiiiiive, with the sound of muuuuuuuuuuuuuuusic."
:P
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:46 pm

OMG nooooooooooooooooooo don't start singing :roll: :roll: :roll:
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Fri Sep 29, 2006 10:55 pm

Now Rose.... Let the poor man recover before you start throwing fruits at him again. :twisted: :wink: :lol: :lol:
ImageImageImageImageImage and last but not least Image
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 4:08 am

I've been reading all your posts on the amount of research, studying, deducing and guessing, etc.etc., and I have to tell you that I have come up with the absolute foolproof method of matching names and houses (as no doubt, my scores will show) ! ! !

Like Mr. Mahaloof, I have printed all the pictures and a list of names, and I've blown them up to a massive 8 x 16 feet, pinned them up on one of my walls - and I did have to choose rather a large one, as you can imagine - then, with great skill and deliberation, I threw darts, and where ever two or more landed, that was the answer.

See? Easy peasy, and oh, so accurate. How could I go wrong.

OK - so I've got Kiki living on top of Bob's Taj Mahal (did your purchase go through yet?), and yes, I know that Lillie, Monica, Rose, Dunc, Kaz, both Cathys, me, Lisa and Mr. Mahaloof don't all live in a pile at the bottom of my 6-car garage wall (told you it had to be a large wall), but I'll sort it all out soon.

Once I've got the mess cleaned up, I'll get my guesses in - and yes, they will just be guesses. Actually, I'm working on this new theory. If I close one eye, put all the names in a hat . . . . . .

Oh well . . . . . .
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sat Sep 30, 2006 1:25 pm

Allright then. Since Patrick promised to throw a barbecue party in his garden if we hit 5000 views with this thread, let’s go for it!
But first, let me tell you what happened since the events now discreetly referred to as “The Pineapple Incident”.

I wasn’t sure if the e-mail address Annie provided to send her a prepaid plane ticket was a joke or not, but I thought to myself: “You know, just for once in your miserable life, let’s be nice to someone.” And so I did send a ticket.

I didn’t hear anything for days and started to think it was all a hoax. Until this morning, when I got the following mail back:

“Hey mister,

to our great surprise we received your mail with prepaid ticket to Amsterdam. In trying to find out who you are (as you are not on our contributors list) we stumbled on that strange Wonderland forum. Which struck me as silly right away, because there’s only one Wonderland: California. We are all living in paradise here and are completely trouble free, which can’t be said of you lot, toiling and groaning to get those silly puzzles solved every day.
I would have left it at that, had I not seen your meant-as-a-joke, but obviously sarcastic remarks about my beloved president. I’m telling you now that you went too far, buddy. As governor of CA I can pull a lot of strings and after november 2008, when I will take over from my hero, president George Walker Bush, my powers will be unlimited. And if George wíll suffer that impeachment, it will be even sooner. But that’s only a rumour.
However, I don’t have to wait for that and I don’t need your crummy 2nd class plane ticket. When you read this mail, I’ll already be halfway. So Osdorp is a suburb of Amsterdam, eh? Silliest name I ever heard. We’ll smoke you out of your hole!

Hasta la Vista,

Arnold S.”

Very nice joke, Annie. Now what have I done to deserve all this?
But: I’m not afraid of that punk with zze funny accent. Being Duts, I have a funny accent too, so there!
And besides, I carry a black belt in Origami.

So don’t you worry about me. I will overcome this hurdle too.
To quote young mr. Grace: “Carry on, everybody. You’ve all done very well !”

8) :) 8)
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Sat Sep 30, 2006 9:32 pm

Mahaloof wrote: And besides, I carry a black belt in Origami.
After reading this I forgive you everything. I put away all my wapens, also the pineapple, so don't be afraid.
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Sat Sep 30, 2006 11:19 pm

Mahaloof wrote:I wasn’t sure if the e-mail address Annie provided to send her a prepaid plane ticket was a joke or not, but I thought to myself: “You know, just for once in your miserable life, let’s be nice to someone.” And so I did send a ticket.
No, of course it wasn't a joke - and I do appreciate your prompt action in sending me a ticket. I guess you must just have made a slight typo. I have to assume that no-one else really wanted me to come and visit. Thank you so much for the sweet thought, even though it didn't quite work out. Never mind - just send it again.

If everybody had followed through and sent tickets, I wouldn't have had to resort to throwing darts to aid my guessing skills - but there's probably still time to make a quick trip around to see every one. Start trimming the hedges and cleaning the windows. I might just be on my way by the time you read this post.

Mahaloof - I do hope the Pinappled area is rapidly improving, and as to your Black Belt, you are to be commended. That is a highly specialized art. Do you practise the Silver or the Gold Scissors method ?? Both are extremely dangerous, but I believe the latter is reputed to be more deadly. Actually, I've already sussed out your house, so maybe I won't need to visit you after all. We'll just meet up at Patrick's BBQ party, if your injuries will allow you to travel by then.

Again, many thanks - now - where are my darts . . . . . .
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:08 am

YOUR KILLING ME GUYS.I Have run out of depends, I have to use the babys extra diapers.
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 3:22 am

Ooh Cathy. Doesn't that bring back memories ! ! ! !
Actually, I haven't needed to wear any for quite a while,
but I can see them becoming necessary again.

I bet some of our "newer" members won't even know what they are.
Don't worry though. I keep a good supply on hand. Well, not there, exactly.
Let me have your email addy and
I'll send you some, or would you rather I pm'd them to you.
Just let me know - I'll be glad to help.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
dunc
Rainbow Master

Post by dunc » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:28 pm

oh my good giddy aunt.

if i'd known just how much hard work that was going to be, i think i'd have gone AWOL :twisted:

just out of interest, how many of you have seen pics of (or met) people from this forum? maybe a "who is who" comp might be fun 8)

just in case that one goes ahead, i'd like you to know i'm a 40yr old mother of 5 :lol:
a person who never made a mistake never made anything!
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:38 pm

We have done 2 "Picture me" comps, with maybe 25 participants between the two.
Search for picture me.....you won't get to see the pics but you can read some hilarious descriptions (guesses)
jg
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Sun Oct 01, 2006 4:43 pm

We've had several Picture Me contests already so I know what every single person on the forum looks like. They're a bloody ugly lot I can tell you. You've seen me, my dressed up look, my everyday look and now my goin' clubbin' look. I'm definitely the prettiest one in the bunch. :D :D
Pauline
Mahaloof
Rainbow Master

Post by Mahaloof » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:24 pm

Do you practise the Silver or the Gold Scissors method ?? Both are extremely dangerous, but I believe the latter is reputed to be more deadly.
Well, Ann, you earn a license to use the infamous Gold Scissors when you're very very good in Origami. I have that license. And yes, it can be lethal, but is more often used to make an especially nasty opponent lose his cojones.
Exactly what transpired between the Governator and me will probably remain a secret, but the next time you hear him give a public speech, he'll have an amazingly high pitched voice. And you, guys and girls, will know why!!
I Have run out of depends, I have to use the babys extra diapers.
Oh, Cath! If that isn't a great way to show solidarity with the little critters, I don't know whát is. They'll love it!!! :)

You sure know your Cool, Popo. You know, I always pictured you like this. You talk the talk, babe! 8)
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 6:43 pm

popo wrote: I'm definitely the prettiest one in the bunch. :D :D
You gotta get your facts right before you make statements like that, Poopsie girlfriend :lol: :lol: :lol:

No-one knows what I look like, under my sunglasses and purple hat. If I ever took them off you might be very surprised - and just so's you know, my entry into the Picture Me contest wasn't really me. Figure it's so long ago now that every-one will have forgotten, or won't really mind.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Sun Oct 01, 2006 7:35 pm

There was one forum where there is some pictures of wonderlanders. I seen one of Kiki and his wife which Mahaloof found also, but most the pics ar of children and grandchildren. Some one started a website where wonderlander's could go and post their pics but I haven't seen that discussion in quite sometime.

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

BTW..........when do we get to see the results to this here contest?????
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon Oct 02, 2006 3:59 am

Monica wrote:I seen one of Kiki and his wife which Mahaloof found
To the newer members, Its never to late to post your picture on that thread. :D :D :D
Keeks
Duiveltje
Rainbow Master

Post by Duiveltje » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:35 am

HUH????? what thread???
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon Oct 02, 2006 7:49 am

HUH????? what thread???
The thread is called "What do forum nutters Look like" :D :D :D
Keeks
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Mon Oct 02, 2006 1:05 pm

uneekrose wrote:Some one started a website where wonderlander's could go and post their pics but I haven't seen that discussion in quite sometime.
Discgolfer did a wonderland map type web page :http://www.frappr.com/worldofwonderland#addyourself
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Mon Oct 02, 2006 2:03 pm

Just waiting for two sets of guesses now, then we can start the scoring. Up to now there looks like one clear winner.....ME! :D ......no, not really, just pullin' ya plonker. :wink: :lol: :lol:
Pauline
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:30 am

We're mere hours away from the deadline! How long after the dealine will you post the answers, ladies? I'm so excited, I may have to borrow the cat's depends. Unused ones. :D
Loirae
the cat
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by the cat » Tue Oct 03, 2006 4:33 am

I just bought a fresh box, You will have to cross your legs until i get home from the hospital. your welcome to come over and borrow some.
O"Cathy"X's
Original Member#563

Proud member of FOWL, Ramblers,PITA,CNC,CLUBS