Cool game: blockland

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
2yu556
Rainbow Keeper

Cool game: blockland

Post by 2yu556 » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:12 pm

i play it, its fun, and i recomend it highly
main site: http://www.blockland.us
cost: 20$ (its alot but its worth it, so save up your allounces or your money)

if you do happen to play, join rykuta's servers, (me) mkay? administration is yours

details: the game where you build stuff, in it you play as a person who goes around building worlds, rpgs, TDMS, (team death matchs), dms, jump challenges and MUCH MUCH MORE, youll make tons of new friends

Q and A

Q: hey this is just like roblox right?
A: no absolutely not, roblox is really really terrible of a game, this game is better

Q: how?
A: for one thing its more customizable, and this game isnt for 4 year olds like roblox

Q: its not for four year olds
A: its for younger people who arent that good at building or making things, or for peopel who havent heard of blockland or who dont want to pay

Q: so why is blockland better?
A: its completely 100% customizable, basicly create your own game/world/mmo (look frmo list of above) you can also make vehicals weapons, and scripts (you can LITEREALY make a RUNESCAPE)

SHWEET
if you want to play please do if you have any questions ask, or if you have any comments
Last edited by 2yu556 on Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bround
Rainbow Master

Post by bround » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:16 pm

oooooh, Why not free? and welcome back to forum
Avid TTR player and TTS developer, a new revolutionary server in works.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:51 pm

..But I like MMO games more than single player games(except Wonderland-related games)
For MMO playes(esp. TT players) I don't recommend to buy it.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
bround
Rainbow Master

Post by bround » Wed Oct 08, 2008 4:32 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:..But I like MMO games more than single player games(except Wonderland-related games)
For MMO playes(esp. TT players) I don't recommend to buy it.
I NO LIKE MMO GAMES
Avid TTR player and TTS developer, a new revolutionary server in works.
mqdar
Rainbow Star

Post by mqdar » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:44 pm

I found Blockland on a website with a list of MMO games.

It must be a really fun game if you buy it, because you're just walking and flying around, talking, building worlds, using special features of the game to do death matches and all that. :mrgreen: It is not very serious, in the way that you don't progress through 'levels', or another type of 'experience', like TT. You could say it's a nice place to stay.

Now, with building: It's amazing what sorts of structures you can make when you buy. You can literally make buildings which are like skyscrapers, which would take very, very long to make. You could be shocked by things people make. There are quite a few Blockland videos on Youtube which can show you a lot.

For a short time I did want to buy this, but that excitement died down :(, so now, it's still just the demo. The boring demo, with a block limit, and nobody with which to be.

A funny thing is that the idea of Blockland is like a 'dream come true' for me: One thing I've wanted when making things with lego is, "What if I could just say, 'I would like this block to come in this colour', and it came?" In Blockland, that is true in some way. :D

Hmm, this is quite long. :P :lol:
Skype wrote:[7:23:42 AM] Darx: Click here to give me an internet!
[7:23:57 AM] 'a'a: *clicks here*
Com Rante
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by Com Rante » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:02 am

Blockland is amazing. I love building a deathmatch arena out of legos, and then blowing mini-figs up with a rocket launcher.

There is something about its over-all design which is great, but I can't quite think of what it is...

(This was some of the best $20 I've spent in my life)
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Re: Cool game: blockland

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:54 am

2yu556 wrote: Q: hey this is just like roblox right?
A: no absolutely not, roblox is really really terrible of a game, this game is better

A: for one thing its more customizable, and this game isnt for 4 year olds like roblox

A: its completely 100% customizable, basicly create your own game/world/mmo (look frmo list of above) you can also make vehicals weapons, and scripts (you can LITEREALY make a RUNESCAPE)
No.

Roblox isn't terrible IMO, if you think it's terrible then evidently you haven't played it enough.

ROBLOX ISN'T FOR 4 YEAR OLDS.

Blockland isn't better, and FYI, ROBLOX is completely customizable too.

In fact, more so than Blockland.

They're equal, and Roblox is free (And looks a whole lot better character-wise), so the natural choice is Roblox unless you want to dish out more than what it costs for World of Warcraft.

That and you CANNOT literally make "Your own Runescape" with it.

Besides the fact that you state: "Q: its not for four year olds
A: its for younger people who arent that good at building or making things, or for peopel who havent heard of blockland or who dont want to pay"

1st you DO have to pay for Blockland if you want to have real fun, second (Once again) Roblox is not for 4 year olds (I'm EXTREMELY offended by this statement, and it's a huge "SCREW YOU" to anyone older than 4 who plays), and 3rd it is WAY easier to build with Roblox.

I've tried Blockland, and it wasn't as good as Roblox at all.

I played it JUST as much as I did Roblox - as in I PLAYED A GOOD AMOUNT OF IT (Now you see why I'm offended) - and Roblox was A LOT faster and smoother, Blockland ran at like 17 FPS and was really choppy.

When the FPS on Blockland DID go to 57 or so, it still played REALLY choppy.

This is my opinion KTHXBAI (still doesn't mean that I'm extremely offended, I suggest you REMOVE the bit about Roblox being for 4 year olds right away so you don't get other people offended too)
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:49 am

Qloof234 wrote:
2yu556 wrote: Q: hey this is just like roblox right?

No.

Roblox isn't terrible IMO, if you think it's terrible then evidently you haven't played it enough.

ROBLOX ISN'T FOR 4 YEAR OLDS.

Blockland isn't better, and FYI, ROBLOX is completely customizable too.

In fact, more so than Blockland.

They're equal, and Roblox is free (And looks a whole lot better character-wise), so the natural choice is Roblox unless you want to dish out more than what it costs for World of Warcraft.

That and you CANNOT literally make "Your own Runescape" with it.

Besides the fact that you state: "Q: its not for four year olds
A: its for younger people who arent that good at building or making things, or for peopel who havent heard of blockland or who dont want to pay"

1st you DO have to pay for Blockland if you want to have real fun, second (Once again) Roblox is not for 4 year olds (I'm EXTREMELY offended by this statement, and it's a huge "SCREW YOU" to anyone older than 4 who plays), and 3rd it is WAY easier to build with Roblox.

I've tried Blockland, and it wasn't as good as Roblox at all.

I played it JUST as much as I did Roblox - as in I PLAYED A GOOD AMOUNT OF IT (Now you see why I'm offended) - and Roblox was A LOT faster and smoother, Blockland ran at like 17 FPS and was really choppy.

When the FPS on Blockland DID go to 57 or so, it still played REALLY choppy.

This is my opinion KTHXBAI (still doesn't mean that I'm extremely offended, I suggest you REMOVE the bit about Roblox being for 4 year olds right away so you don't get other people offended too)
I wonder who play Roblox here. :roll:
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:23 am

Qloof234 wrote:If you think it's terrible then evidently you haven't played it enough.
Everyone has an opinion. :wink:
dlcs18
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:50 am

dlcs18 wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:If you think it's terrible then evidently you haven't played it enough.
Qloof's opinion:(OOF I have to study about opinions) Roblox is NOT bad,indeed.
My opinion: This game is not for MMO lovers.
Com Rante's opinion:This game is worth to buy it.
Darx's opinion:Blockland is really boring if you just play the demo.(Just like TT XD)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 2:48 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:I wonder who play Roblox here. :roll:
Moi.

@ Dlcs: I'm saying that because after you play Roblox enough (I.E. for a few days) then it's really fun.

@ tyteen: Yeah, that's my opinion shorted down to 1 line :lol:
2yu556
Rainbow Keeper

Post by 2yu556 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:13 pm

DONT play roblox okay? just dont its basicly a really crappy free version of blockland, however if you still like it, its fine
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:57 pm

2yu556 wrote:DONT play roblox okay? just dont its basicly a really crappy free version of blockland, however if you still like it, its fine
Read my above post.
dlcs18
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:01 pm

2yu556 wrote:DONT play roblox okay? just dont its basicly a really crappy free version of blockland, however if you still like it, its fine
you can't tell other people what to do, unless, of course, it's illegal. WHICH ROBLOX ISN'T.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
2yu556
Rainbow Keeper

Post by 2yu556 » Thu Oct 09, 2008 11:39 pm

its a suggestion okay? and i read all your posts
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:58 am

dlcs18 wrote: