JdlJacob - My New Site! - *NOT A FORUM GAME*

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

JdlJacob - My New Site! - *NOT A FORUM GAME*

Post by jdl » Mon May 10, 2010 12:21 am

http://jdljacob.netau.net/

I have created a search engine using php from a YouTube tutorial video. It is hosted on a subdomain at http://www.000webhost.com/
000webhost is absolutely FREE, with excellent features available to free users. Premium users get more advanced stuff.

--

About the search engine... Well, you use it to search for stuff on the internet... To get results, someone would have to submit a link to my mysql database (hosted on 000webhost :wink: ), which there is an option to do so on the main page. It will return with "No results found." if there are no links to display.

--

Basically, a link is displayed based on the keywords for the link. Many links will have the same keywords.
Rules:
1. Before submitting a link, check to see if it's already been submitted by either searching for it, or looking for it through the list of submitted links which can be described in the bugs below. If I see any double links, I will remove one.
2. I will check to see if any inappropriate content is on the results list. If there is, I will have it removed, so no posting anything like that.
3. NO VIRUS SITES PLEASE!

Bugs:
1. If you type 3 spaces in a row in the search box, you will get a list of all the submitted links.
2. It seems that you can submit a link twice.. This is a very unfortunate bug. Again, please check to see if your link has been submitted already. Thank you.

Please leave comments!
jdl
Last edited by jdl on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:30 am, edited 3 times in total.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
^_^
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by ^_^ » Mon May 10, 2010 9:50 am

Wow! i like it! :D BRAVO !!!
If you can look at my avatar for 19 minutes, without closing your eyes, you must be great.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Mon May 10, 2010 3:07 pm

Makes me think of WonderSearch...

(BTW You need to rewrite the code and write a bot in order to make a fine search engine.)
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Mon May 10, 2010 7:26 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:(BTW You need to rewrite the code and write a bot in order to make a fine search engine.)
No.
This is a search engine where everyone can contribute, not a regular one that has everything. This is special because it can contain links to very cool stuff.
ImageImage
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Sun May 16, 2010 3:28 pm

*UPDATE*

The site has now been reorganized! It has a homepage, news, my games, and yes, the Search Engine! Please tell me what you think! :D
ImageImage
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:30 am

*BUMP* (Sorry for triple post!)

Okay well, its been a long time since I posted anything about this, but I've reorganized some things and added new pages. The site is STILL under construction though. I have added a music page where you can download a few midi's I've made (I stink at making music), and I have now installed a forum for my site! The forum is going to be mainly about the games I make.
Note: The forum might go down and up for the next few days/weeks due to MySQL Database server problems.
Link to forum: http://jdljacob.netau.net/Forum/index.php

Once my first finished game comes out, my site will (no promises) no longer be under construction.

As for my blog, I will still keep it, but most updates will be on the forum! So join and suggest things for me to add to my games!

Thanks everyone,

jdl
ImageImage