This forum is going OMG!?

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

This forum is going OMG!?

Post by Technos72 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:40 pm

After seeing what Kooky said about this forum "mutating" in eee's Your Pictures topic which was a forum game that used to say Wecity, I've been thinking about this...

Firstly...

We all... Erm I mean most of us strive for both quality and quantity in this topic. If it wern't for ^_^ and mostly eee226 (if I'm right) there would've been an "all". Which is what I'm going to talk about next. Ever since both those members appeared in the forum, more topics were appearing in the Off-Topic forum. Most of them were by these names.

^_^ last month or two posted about 9 posts in a row and created spam in there.

eee226 was more worse. Ever since his/her account was back from being disabled for a month or two, he started posting useless topics that didn't go anywhere. Some of them were to be forum games. But he actually had some good topics like the topics "Trip to Midnight Synergy" and his game topic. I hope that's right.

^_^ : on your topics, please strive for quality (goodness of topic) and quantity (Don't post too many topics)

eee226 : please think before creating a new topic. And PLEASE no forum games! The game Wefight is the ONLY forum games allowed in the forum.

Secondly...

The Wonderland related topics are not recieving many posts now. And that's probably a concern for Patrick. This forum focuses mostly on Wonderland stuff. Not the forum to do whatever you want. Do that on some other forum. Because the off-topic topics are being created fast and that may make Patrick fell bad that most members are not focusing on Wonderland.

So please post in the Wonderland forums if you can. And please make sure that this forum is not just for you to discuss whatever you want. Is also about Wonderland!

And Patrick, if you have definite approval upon this message. Please add me as a moderator.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Tue Oct 12, 2010 7:59 pm

Why would forcing people to post in other forums make you a good moderator?

Also, spam isn't something you should be really concerned about. Just ignore it unless the user is being destructive towards the forum by things like flaming.
eee226
Rainbow Star

Post by eee226 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:03 pm

:( since you made this forum.i feel bad.
sometimes, kiwis have to die
~xpr'd~
Rainbow Star

Post by ~xpr'd~ » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:06 pm

He didn't make the forum. :V
And, while he may have been a tad harsh, if you get upset about being talked to like this, this forum is not for you. He's telling you what's wrong with the way you're acting, and you may feel bad, but you need to take responsibility for your actions here.
she/her | Sayori#2285
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:18 pm

MyNameIsKooky wrote:Why would forcing people to post in other forums make you a good moderator?

oookay then... I won't do that anymore. It's just that several of my posts just don't get enough posts like the other ones. Sorry.

But as you and Patrick said before, the Off-Topic forum is getting a bit too much
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:07 pm

I think we should get rid of the Off topic section. :|
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:13 pm

NO :shock:

The off-topic section shouldn't be removed. There are special topics like:

- Wefight
- What do forum nutters look like?
- Wonderland Screenshots
- Toontown
- Wefight the game
- game maker projects
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:15 pm

Well then remove the spammy topics
ben-09
Rainbow Master

Post by ben-09 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:48 am

Yup, getting rid of the whole thing would be the best way to do It, because It will make all the spammers leave.
Generation 59: Community experiment. The first time you see this, take the generation # and add 1. Put in your signature.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:44 am

ben-09 wrote:Yup, getting rid of the whole thing would be the best way to do It, because It will make all the spammers leave.
Maybe I asked you before, not quite sure, but:

- What is the difference for you, if the off-topics is going to be removed, or, if you don't look in the off-topics?

Also, in my opinion it was several weeks ago that ^_^ was spamming, and a few weeks ago that EEE was spamming, so the last one or two weeks, they didn't really spam. If it's about little kids, who don't know what's spam, so they spam "accidently", mostly the situation will fix itself after a while, if the other people keep asking those spammers to stop. Don't you agree?

The only thing which is bothering me is that there are so many topics which I don't find interesting, and that some people are making much more new topics, then other people. But that's my personal opnion; someone else may have a different opinion.
tyteen4a03
Rainbow AllStar

Post by tyteen4a03 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:23 am

Unfortunatly the age range of people who visit and post actively has changed a lot.

Adult sadly has different topics they find interesting than teenagers and kids.
and the duck went moo

Beep bloop
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 11:40 am

ben-09 wrote:Yup, getting rid of the whole thing would be the best way to do It, because It will make all the spammers leave.
Here's the thing though (and the reason some people might disagree with you) - this has a positive effect for very few people in the end.

Sure, it means all the spam is gone, but there are some good topics in the Off-Topic areas as well. Getting rid of the whole section would just cause spam to end up elsewhere instead. There are many more people who visit the off-topic area than the general wonderland discussion area for one reason:

WA3 isn't out yet, and what little info we do have is entirely open to speculation. People get impatient and need something else to talk about until it's done.

In the end, all that deleting the off-topic area would do is

A) Cause multiple users to leave
B) Cause spam messages to end up elsewhere as a result
C) Make MS/Moderators have to moderate the rest of the forum as well
D) Give a "win" to any of the "trolls" who are trying to get a negative effect to occur (No, I would never, ever insinuate anyone on these forums as being an internet troll, but there are lots of them out there who get their kicks out of causing forums to collapse)

The only beneficial things I can see would be:

A) Causes some spammers to leave (though if they really ARE a spammer they'll just come back)
B) Satisfy people who want the Off-Topic Section gone
C) Give MS/Moderators a break from cleaning up the Off-Topic areas

If you can list anything else beneficial, go ahead, because the only reasons I've found have a negative reaction. :?
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:17 pm

Yikes! Qloof youve got amazing explinations. Maybe we should leave the off topic alone.
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:46 pm

Qloof234 wrote:
Here's the thing though (and the reason some people might disagree with you) - this has a positive effect for very few people in the end.

Sure, it means all the spam is gone, but there are some good topics in the Off-Topic areas as well. Getting rid of the whole section would just cause spam to end up elsewhere instead. There are many more people who visit the off-topic area than the general wonderland discussion area for one reason:

WA3 isn't out yet, and what little info we do have is entirely open to speculation. People get impatient and need something else to talk about until it's done.

D) Give a "win" to any of the "trolls" who are trying to get a negative effect to occur (No, I would never, ever insinuate anyone on these forums as being an internet troll, but there are lots of them out there who get their kicks out of causing forums to collapse)

A) Causes some spammers to leave (though if they really ARE a spammer they'll just come back)

If you can list anything else beneficial, go ahead, because the only reasons I've found have a negative reaction. :?
*agree*
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:54 pm

tyteen4a03 wrote:Unfortunatly the age range of people who visit and post actively has changed a lot.

Adult sadly has different topics they find interesting than teenagers and kids.
Yes, but to be honest, I have a special "taste" if it's about what topics I like and what topics I don't like. In the earlier days, when there were still a lot of adults posting in the off-topics, there were also lots of topics I didn't find quite interesting. Most people like to so called "chit chat" which is not really my thing. I'd rather have a good philosophical discussion or debate, but well, unfortunately there are not many like me. :lol:

And about Wefight, well: Nobody has any idea what's that all about. :wink:
Technos72
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Technos72 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:18 pm

Qloof234 wrote:

Sure, it means all the spam is... the rest of what he said
I agree too.
Sammy_Bro
Rainbow Star

Post by Sammy_Bro » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:04 pm

Nobody wrote:
Qloof234 wrote:

*agree*
*agree TIMES TWOOOOOOOOOOOOO*
:D
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:31 pm

Me too.

BTW, the quote-button should be removed. :lol: