Picture Me?

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Picture Me?

Post by Davimad » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:20 pm

I have moved this thread away from Slimming Wonderlanders.

Thanks Jersey for this suggestion.

The idea is:- How do you picture the other Wonderlanders?

It will be interesting to see how many of us get it right!

I will wait and see the response this gets before setting it up.

The main objective is FUN, lets have a laugh!

No nastiness, insults, crudeness or any other objectionable behaviour! :shock:

Any suggestions will be gratefully accepted.

Thanks for looking.

M.A.D.

:lol:
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:59 pm

Right you are Davimad!

I'm up for it. Anyone else?

I double-dog dare ya! :P
I'm not as think as you drunk I am...*Hic*

...I'm just a Blonde! :lol:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:47 am

Sounds like fun to me! Bet nobody gets me right! :lol:
SharonM
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:52 am

Count me in. :lol:

jg
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:43 am

What! :shock: Only 4 of us so far?????

C'mon people! Let's hear it from the boys :!:

Who's gonna play?

Chickens!

Bwawk, bwawk, bwawk! :P

You realize that I'll be the worst player! I'm absolutly no good at guessing things like this :lol:

Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:46 am

I'll play! Not sure I understand the game, tho. Are we just suposed to speculate on how our Wonderfriends look? And then sometime in the future we'll get a photo to see if we were right?
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:56 am

Yep!

It's still in the works, and it's Davimad's idea so I'll leave the majority of the rules up to her, but I think it's gonna work something like this:

You add one post for each person - One for JanetGalle, one for Davimad, etc., then, once everyone has a chance to post their ideas, we'll start uploading our photos.

Patrick mentioned that we should load the pictures in .jpg format to save space.

I'll leave the rest up to M.A.D as it was her idea. I think she's off the computer now, it's past her bedtime, so we'll have to wait until tomorrow for her response.

BINA
Rainbow Seeker

Post by BINA » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:26 am

I think it's a fun idea - but I don't know if I'm able to upload a picture...... :?

My husband has a scanner connected to our computer and I've never tried it. I guess, I could ask him if he can teach me to use it (It's a huge machine with lots of buttons :shock: and I'm NOT very good at theese things) Is this how I get started?

We also have a digital camera - that is broken, but still have some old pictures in it - maybe there is one of me (But it's probably mostly baby-pictures.....) Could this be an alternative to the scanner?

IF I can get a picture of myself into the computer somehow, I have no idea what to do with it or how to post it (And now you're thinking SHE is a blond :roll: )

Looking forward to see how this will turn out though - In my mind, I tend to put people into "boxes" so it will be funny to see if I'm right or wrong :shock:

Bina :) :oops: :)
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:38 am

Think you got problems Bina! I can't even run my printer without some serious glitches! :roll: (it actually played music for me one day!!! :shock: It's the ghost in the machine!)

And I work with computers all day...good thing we have System Admins to bail me out every time my printer squwaks at me, or my moniter freezes! I'd never get any work done. :wink:

Maybe one of our Wonderland Techies can post some suggestions for uploading pictures :?:

SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Apr 20, 2004 12:17 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Jersey, you might need an exorcist! :lol:

Let me throw in a word of caution. You might want to consider emailing or PMing your photos instead of posting them on an open board. I might be overly cautious, but you never know how some people might use your likeness or personal information. I know my family has already had a similar problem. Not very serious, just very annoying.

As for posting or sending photos, after you get them on your computer and edit them (making sure you save them as a jpeg) you can attach them just like you do levels or any other attachment. Just remember where you saved them on the computer. I have special folders for my pictures; different ones for different purposes (i.e. personal, business, etc.)

Hope this helps! :)
SharonM
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:33 pm

Very good idea, Sharon! :idea:

Maybe instead of posting the photos, we send them to one person who can organize them properly. That way there is some control over when the photos are posted. We don't want someone to miss out on posting their "idea" because a picture went in too quick. :(

I also think the security feature is a good idea too. I wonder if there is anyway Patrick can secure them so that they can't be downloaded or copied. :?: That might prevent someone from fooling around with them. We may also want to consider deleting the entire post when the game is finished...you never know who's prowling around. I don't want to think that anyone in Wonderland is a suspicious character, but these days... :evil:

Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Apr 20, 2004 1:40 pm

Bina,

Don't worry, you will get plenty of help when this gets going.
After all this is Wonderland! :wink:

We need some more people to join, then we can sort out the rules etc.
So, c'mon, ol'gramma, majic1, eeyore31, Carolyn to name but a few! :wink:

I understand your fears Sharon, I don't think it's a good idea for anyone who has displayed their email address.

Maybe Patrick could help us out there!

If it's possible, he could make a folder of our pics that can only be viewed
by the participants.

Let's see what happens.

M.A.D. 8)
majic1
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by majic1 » Tue Apr 20, 2004 2:43 pm

I've been reading this with interest, but have hesitated replying because I, too, have REAL concerns posting my picture on this forum, as Sharon mentioned. I HAVE had identity theft actually happen to me - I know what a nightmare it is. Several years later, I am still feeling some of the effects of this nightmare!!

However, I DO think this would be LOTS of fun, but the only way my photo will be viewed is through a personal email! Hope everyone understands!! I'll be watching this thread with interest to see what develops!! :D (Wonder why no guys have responded yet????) :!:
Majicaleetarina
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:01 pm

Hmmm, my family had some of the same concerns about posting photos here. When I first joined this message board, I had accidentally posted my first and last name as my user name, and had my city and state listed as well, and husband and son had a fit. Had to change that. I wasn't so concerned about a photo, but they say not a good idea. But private messages would be OK, wouldn't they?
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Apr 20, 2004 6:05 pm

Hi Guys,

I have contacted Patrick to ask for his help, hopefully he can come up with a solution that suits everyone.

majic1, I don't know why the male population isn't responding!
Maybe they can't laugh at themselves the way women do. :?

I suppose a lot of people find it all "a bit of nonsense" .
We have to be serious every day of our lives, what's the harm in a little fun now and then? :wink:

M.A.D.
Midnight Synergy
Site Admin

Post by Midnight Synergy » Tue Apr 20, 2004 9:50 pm

Hard to tell what to say here. It comes down to personal preferences. There's lots of forums out there where members start a "post a picture of yourself" thread - and they can be a lot of fun.

Now, this forum is already restricted to people who have Wonderland or Return To Wonderland (full version - not demo). However, that doesn't mean that someone can't take your posted picture and put it on another site. Or that - combined with other information about you - there isn't a possibility of identity theft.

But the same can also happen if you e-mail a picture or PM a picture. Chances are even lower, but they still exist.

Personally, I'm very cautious. I participate in a lot of things on the net, but I don't easily share any private information - as you folks might have noticed on this board. ;) On the other hand, many people have websites and blogs and whatnot with their pictures and lots of private information. I don't know what the incidence of identity theft is for bloggers (I don't blog).

I can't offer you any more secure way to share pictures, so you'll have to decide if you're ok with having a pic of you on the net - whether on this site, by e-mail, by PM, etc.

So that probably didn't help at all. :(
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:21 pm

Well folks,

There we have it! :?

Do we go back to my original idea? :?:

Which, if you remember, was for us to tell the truth on how close the other person was in their description.

Let's leave it up to the individual, I think that is the only fair way to play it.

So hopefully tomorrow (it's 11.15pm. here) we will get some more people
wanting to participate............ then it's.

THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I might give you all a laugh and upload my pic! :shock:
If anyone wants to steal my identity, they can also have my bills.
Oh, AND Mr. Snorey! :wink:

I don't mean to take the severity of this occurrence away from majic1 or Sharon.
Just trying to lighten the mood again! :wink:

Night all!

M.A.D. :lol:
SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Tue Apr 20, 2004 10:25 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
No problem M.A.D. I just wanted people to think carefully about it. I will probably email my pic to participants if they want it. I'm rather camera shy anyway. I still think the guessing what others look like is a fun idea. :D
SharonM
jperleevt
Rainbow Master

Post by jperleevt » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:15 pm

I'm in! I have an idea that might appease some of us and maybe add a little fun to this. All those intested can mail me their pictures and I'll put them up on a website, with no names just numbers. That way even after we guess what we all look like we can try and match are pictures to our names. Of course I'll know who is who, but I won't tell! And I'll PM everyone the web address so that those that don't play can't look :-)
What do you think?

Jen

PS - I'm pretty good at the whole tech support thing as that is what I do for a living so I'm willing to help out where I can.
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:42 pm

Hi all,

I got as far as the jammies, then thought I'd have another wee peek at the forum (scared I'm missing something!) to see what's happening. :roll:

Jen, you are brilliant! I'm all for it!

This must appeal to everyone surely?

Now I can go to bed and worry about something else instead! :wink:

Thanks again everybody, the support you have given is greatly appreciated. :lol:

JEN, YOU HAVE SAVED THE DAY! THANKS! 8)

Cat
Rainbow Star

How do you picture the other Wonderlanders?

Post by Cat » Tue Apr 20, 2004 11:46 pm

Hey count me in? Sounds like fun.

Cat
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:19 am

jperleevt wrote: All those intested can mail me their pictures and I'll put them up on a website, with no names just numbers. That way even after we guess what we all look like we can try and match are pictures to our names.
What do you think?
I was going to suggest just that when I read your post :!: Better you than me tho, as I would probably have botched it :lol:

Will you PM us with where to send the pics?

I am ready, lets go :!:

jg
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Picture Me

Post by ol'gramma » Wed Apr 21, 2004 3:32 am

This idea of yours is going to be a fun one, M.A.D.

Boy, if you want something organized, sorted out, and implemented, leave it to a group of women! :lol: :lol: :lol:

It didn't take long to find just the right way to do this. Good job!
Count me in.

Now then, since there has been NOT ONE PEEP from any Wonderland men, we will have to assume they are all just so extremely handsome no camera is able to record their images. That's got to be it! What do you think girls? :wink:

ol'gramma
Carolyn
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Wed Apr 21, 2004 9:41 am

Maybe the other way round ol'gramma, every camera breaks at the sight of them! :shock:

Only kidding gents, we know how you can take a laugh! :wink:

I think that we should give this a deadline, maybe Saturday 24th?

It gives others a chance to make up their minds.

I will list the rules later on today, if anyone wants a particular thing added,
please send it in.

To give everyone time to get pics taken or whatever, we can let this run for about two weeks.

Jen, how much time do you need?

I am off to get some work done, hopefully by tonight, there will be lots of
takers and suggestions.

Have a good day all!

SharonM
Rainbow Star

Post by SharonM » Wed Apr 21, 2004 11:31 am

Sounds like a good idea. :) I'll do it.

The guys all sound camera shy to me. :lol: I should know, since I am myself! Of course BigZ is the exception. Kudos to BigZ! :D

BTW Did anyone notice that BigZ played some levels and commented on them? Way to go BigZ. I for one was interested in what you had to say about the box puzzles that were posted! :D
SharonM
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:08 pm

Glad you're IN Sharon! :D

Wouldn't be the same without you. :cry:

I made a booboo with popo, I thought she was with us..... then realised
that it was the Slimming Wonderlanders thread! :oops:

I have sent my apologies to her. Hope you join Pauline! :D

Now, I must get back to this darned paperwork! UGH! :twisted:

popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:23 pm

:( Sorree, but I don't really want to know what everyone looks like, I get disillusioned easily!

I pictured all the women as slim and attractive and all the men as handsome and distinguished looking - and no-one smokes!

I don't mind anyone having a guess at what I look like though, I'll let them know if they're right or wrong, but you're not getting a photo - looking at me would be too much for anyone to bear!! :wink:

BTW thanks for telling where Kabooms 4 was, don't know how I missed it :roll:
Pauline
OldPete
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by OldPete » Wed Apr 21, 2004 12:52 pm

I imagine all the females to be 100% stunningly gorgeous, and all the guys except me to be in perfect shape.......well at least my charm might make someones day LOL
ol'gramma
Rainbow Star

Post by ol'gramma » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:15 pm

A real guy has commented. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Old Pete, you are the Wonderland Pioneer, venturing out into an area no man has been brave enough to enter.

3 Cheers for you! Charm and humor win every time.

ol'gramma :wink:
Carolyn
Bearsland
Rainbow Master

Post by Bearsland » Wed Apr 21, 2004 1:44 pm

ol'gramma wrote:Old Pete, you are the Wonderland Pioneer, venturing out into an area no man has been brave enough to enter.
Nah! He's just an old Granny Grabber. Shame on you 'Old' Pete. Now we know what the 'Old' bit is for. :wink:

Pete, you can see what they all look like here, mate. :P

http://pcpuzzle.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=574

Has it never occurred to all you 'stunning beauties' that having admitted in the 'Slimming Wonderlanders' thread that you are all grossly overweight that none of the guys wants to look at pics of you? :wink: :wink:

~OB

*** sits back and waits for torrents of female wrath *** :lol: :lol: :lol:
Where is everyone thesedays? PM me and say hello.