New Engine -- Yeehaa!!!

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

New Engine -- Yeehaa!!!

Post by Dianna » Sun May 02, 2004 10:53 pm

Just got my Monte Carlo back today -- had a new 350 V-8 put in it, and it's running great! This is a '77 Monte, white, red interior, sunroof, looks like a dream and now it moves like one too. Great sound system. Anyone want to crank up some tunes and cruise to the beach? (Wish you guys weren't all so far away -- do we even have another member in SoCal?)
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Mon May 03, 2004 7:05 am

That's great Di :D

Sorry - I have to ask though (my brains on holiday so you can excuse me) but are you in the grandma club with the other ladies???

If so there's going to be some grand kids (or at the very least kids) running 'round saying 'I've got the coolest grandma'... just a note though some kids mightn't like their mum being cooler than them 8)

I've gotta admit though I was a little dissappointed that you were talking about your car (I had feared this might be so) - I had rather imagined that Pat had finished a new Wonderland engine :wink: ... sigh...

...just reading makes you sound more like 20s 30 something...

You're the best Di

Robbie :D
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon May 03, 2004 12:50 pm

Congrats Dianna! :D

Send in a picture of it please.

M.A.D. :lol:
domino

Post by domino » Mon May 03, 2004 2:00 pm

Wow! I agree with Davimad - picture, please!
I have to admit, I thought the same thing Robbie did, a new Wonderland engine. Um, just a little geeky. :wink: I gotta get out more. So, swing on by the East coast with your tunes cranked and I'll go cruisin' with you, which in a V-8 should take you about 2 hours. :lol:

Domino
Davimad
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Davimad » Mon May 03, 2004 2:05 pm

Domino,

How long do you think it would take for, both of you to pick me up?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

M.A.D. :lol:
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Mon May 03, 2004 3:04 pm

Well, M.A.D., it really would be something for me to swing by and pick you up! Monte's some car, but we've never been on a road trip like that before! But Domino, the East Coast, yep, that's doable. Pick ya up about 2pm!

I'll have to take a new pic of Monte, since there's not one on my computer, tho I have several non-digital photos of my great old guy. (I've been driving this car since 1986, and so he's been the subject of many photos.)

Robbie, I am indeed a grandmother, two grandkids (Alex, 10, and Mia, 7.) Don't know if they think I'm the coolest grandma ever, or if they just wonder why I don't get an SUV like other people's grandma's do. I have explained to Alex that Monte is a classic and they just don't make them like him anymore, and he's been riding with me on more than one occasion when someone has hollered out to ask me if I want to sell my car. And he does like to ride along with me with Keith Richard's funky guitar blasting out of the speakers! (Yeah, Keith is my main man, musically speaking.)

I haven't turned into a blue-haired little old lady yet, but when I do I fully expect to still be driving my Monte, as I have no plans to ever buy another car.

(Ha, a new Wonderland engine! So sorry to disappoint, folks!)
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Re: New Engine -- Yeehaa!!!

Post by janetgalle » Wed May 05, 2004 1:14 pm

Dianna wrote: Anyone want to crank up some tunes and cruise to the beach?
I'll join you. We have a '67 Camero, 8) that my hubby bought from his sister when he turned 18 (30 years ago) She has only 61,000 miles on her, so she'd like a long cruise to anywhere! We keep her in storage most of the time, so she's probably lonely :( She is called Sam. Such sentimental value, as we drove her until the kids were born........Then we got the SUV :lol:

jg

I normally drive a real Gramma Car....an Oldsmobile :!:
Dianna
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Dianna » Wed May 05, 2004 2:01 pm

Nice car, Janet! Only 61,000 miles on a '67! Wow, practically new. Yeah, I'll bet Sam would like to stretch her legs a bit. Monte has gone nearly 200,000 miles -- but not with many of the parts he has anymore. Sam's probably a beauty! :D :D :D :D :D