hello wonderlanders

Archive of the first decade of Off Topic Posts
joan12311

hello wonderlanders

Post by joan12311 » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:32 am

you people are really smart making all these levels. this is the best game i have ever bought, but i am too dumbto make levels. i have just been diagnosed with emphasema and asthma so i guess i wont be too active. just play wonderland and keep my mind from wandering to dumb things. thank you
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:30 am

G'Day from Australia Joan!

Welcome to the forums :D
Glad you're enjoying the game. Who said anyone here was smart??? We're just all dumb players who've had heaps of practice at making levels (I can hear all the girls say... 'dumb? speak for yourself' :wink: ).

Seriously though, it's not overly hard. Just load up the editor & the game separately, throw a few things into the editor & save, click back to the game & load it up & see what happens. Just keep going back & forth & play around with the different features. Remember when you've made a modification (I think off-hand) just restart the level to see the changes you've made. In no time you'll be posting your first level.

And don't worry about how 'bad' you think you're level might be, everyone here is really supportive & encouraging. There's no bad language or offensive behaviour and only rarely is there a rift of any sorts between members. You'll be pleased to know also that we have a great grannies brigade on standby :wink: along with heaps of other great regular contributors to the forums.

Sorry to hear about your health worries - doesn't that mean you'll have more time??? :D

Have fun Joan & look out for the program update coming out soon!... right Pat??? :wink:

Robbie :D
Gen
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Gen » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:28 am

Welcome Joan! :D

I discovered Wonderland and Return to Wonderland just a few months ago too and have enjoyed it completely. I finished both games and am now playing the levels the other members have made. As you said, they are really smart and creative. I haven't yet tried to make a level, maybe a little later. :?

I am in the same boat as you health-wise, so I understand. Just jump right in with the rest of us and have a lot of fun! You will meet people from all over, the UK, Spain, Norway, etc. (sorry if I missed some) and you have already met Robbie from Australia. You will find a great bunch of people. :lol:
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jun 10, 2004 7:40 am

Robbie,

:idea: That is a brilliant idea of yours to load both the game and the editor separately, so you can swap between them. I'm always grumbling that it takes so long to shut one and open the other when I'm testing games. I never thought of doing it your way :roll: I'm going to give it a go :D

Oh btw, welcome to the forum joan12311. I hope you're as mad as we are cos it certainly helps :lol:
Pauline
malcdelsol
Rainbow Master

Post by malcdelsol » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:36 am

Hi joan12311,

YES a BIG WELCOME to the Wonderland family :lol: :lol:

Robbie, IT IS a brilliant idea - the levels I have created and I never thought of loading both the editor and the game together :? :?

I have just tried it and it would (will) save me LOADS of time :wink:

My brain hurts :roll: :roll: :roll:

Malcdelsol 8)
(Lord & husband of Lady IDJIT)
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:24 pm

I've tried to load both the game and the editor at the same time but I can't do it. I think it's because I can't play in windowed mode so I can't see the taskbar. Does anyone know a way round it? :?
Pauline
popo
Rainbow AllStar

Post by popo » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:29 pm

:D It's ok, I've figured it out. I used the windows button to take me back to the desktop and loaded RTW again, then use the button to switch between them. Neat 8) I learn something new everday, me :roll: :wink:
Pauline
Robbie
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Robbie » Thu Jun 10, 2004 12:57 pm

Love to take the credit for the idea guys but someone else told me about it late last year sometime...

Robbie :D
Jersey
Rainbow Wizard

Post by Jersey » Thu Jun 10, 2004 3:44 pm

popo wrote::D It's ok, I've figured it out. I used the windows button to take me back to the desktop and loaded RTW again, then use the button to switch between them. Neat 8) I learn something new everday, me :roll: :wink:
So that's how you play with full screen, duhhh! :roll: I have them both windowed, and switch back and forth on the task bar. But the windows are too small. I'll try full screen tonight when I get home :D .

And a big welcome, Joan, from Nova Scotia, land of the November through June rainy season, with brief and intermittent sun. If you see a faint glow on the horizon, that's just me, haven't had enough sun to tan, and too cheap to pay for it! :lol:
I'm not as think as you drunk I am...*Hic*

...I'm just a Blonde! :lol: