WA3E Bug Topic

Help Topics, Bug Reports, Feature Requests, etc.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun May 04, 2014 3:43 pm

DP cooldudepoke's MultiMagic randomly started MAVing both the editor and player for me whenever it exists in a wlv or I go to it in the Object Selector.

I'll try re-downloading it first. :?

Also, entering a wlv and getting sprung right away causes any buttons you spawn on to not be pressed.

And, if two+ stinkers are killed by a Zap-Bot, it still says 'Stinker Eliminated.' No matter what. :P

EDIT: Nope, the wops are still refusing to work for me. Now I can't play any of my MM adventures.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon May 05, 2014 11:04 pm

DP I figured out what I did wrong about the first problem.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue May 13, 2014 5:27 am

Some things while playing with the editor...
call it an extention of my previous post, if you will, to which took place in the photos of ingame progress section.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun May 18, 2014 5:44 pm

Water Creature Behaviour Experiment 1

I've been doing some experimenting on the behaviour of water creatures and water and lava irregularities.

Water creatures (ducks, turtles, both types of crabs, and water chompers,) treat lava as walls in floor contact. (That is, they can move diagonally around it and across it, and fly over via spring or cross via bridge type things, but they cannot swim into or through it.) They die if a bridge collapses while over lava, except for turtles.

Turtles on a bridge over lava having it deactivated get stuck as if they are on a floor tile surrounded by walls when lava's on all four sides of them, or go back on the floor/ in the water if there is a floor or water tile on one of the four side tiles of the lava. They can still be frozen, unfrozen, and Flashed as normal.

Creatures spawning on lava die, except turtles who repeat the same behaviour as above.

Water creatures spawned on water also behave odd. Ducks are supposed to and die if not spawned on water, but a duck set to Move:Yes with no water tiles adjacent to it (diagonals do not count) cannot move and faces south all the time, acting like plain water.

Water chompers behave as in water mode when spawning in water, that is, as normal.

Dragon-turtles act as if water is floor, and are submersed at water level (-1.0) as they walk on both floor and water tiles. They still act weird around lava, but are normal in their solidity. They cannot dive in water as they 'think' they already are in it, and go through it as floor. These turtles cannot be shot with magic, as if they are deactivated and 'invisible'. Visually, you can still see their dragon horns bobbing up and down as they move.

Crabs act really weird on water spawning. Green crabs turn into walls, not reacting to the player or magic or anything else at all and swaying back and forth while facing south. They never move, and are floating above the water as if on ground while swinging slowly on the spot like a key.

Red crabs also swing and are floating, but they still have their movement type of running away from the player. Any water tile a red crab spawns or moves on becomes a floor tile and can be walked on as normal.

I have more research to do on this, particularly as related to using CMD 41/42 to spawn creatures in water instead of starting the level with them on water. I am also going to mess around with bridges/transporters/pads functioning on lava, land, metatiles, etc. I know for a fact you cannot spawn Growflowers or Brr-pads on lava with magic.

In conclusion, my experiments show that water behaviour is glitchy and very manipulable. There are no MAVs caused by them right now unless CMD 4 comes into play, so I think these would be great for MM-type levels.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon May 19, 2014 2:29 am

DP

I have done the 2nd part.

-Basically, floats of any kind on lava do nothing and make it act like regular lava.

-Spawning creatures via CMD 41 on water and lava produces regular entry of water/ destruction or freezing in lava results.

BTW the wlv this experiment in is the sixth/last arrow.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Tue May 20, 2014 9:59 pm

I have noticed that ice-floats can drown you, too, if you try to stop onto them right away. :(

I am not sure if that was always around, but I did just want to mention it.

Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Wed May 21, 2014 1:33 am

Yes, the rainbow-pad glitch also goes for ice pads if you have nimble fingers, but they melt faster and cannot be reused. Unfortunately, right now my rainbow pad wop is acting like an ice pad for no reason, so I have to fix that first. :(

On another note, the glitches in my above experiment proved more unstable than I thought. They only function until the game is saved then reloaded. Then, the crabs go into their regular shell-in-the-water mode. Don't know about land. The turtle in water seemed to disappear.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Wed May 21, 2014 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Wed May 21, 2014 6:08 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:Unfortunately, right now my rainbow pad wop is acting like an ice pad for no reason, so I have to fix taht first. :(
The Brr Float has a Type of 300 while the Rainbow Pad has a Type of 301. Both of their SubTypes are 0. Check the wop file's attributes (maybe in Power Wop since you can see everything in base 10).
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Wed May 21, 2014 10:46 pm

Void Spike objects don't scale properly at all, they're the same size in-game regardless of X/Y/ZScale/ScaleAdjust settings.
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Wed May 21, 2014 11:02 pm

Same in the WA1E.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:20 am

... Huh, I legitimately never noticed that before. Interesting.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun May 25, 2014 1:04 am

MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Wonderman109 wrote:Unfortunately, right now my rainbow pad wop is acting like an ice pad for no reason, so I have to fix taht first. :(
The Brr Float has a Type of 300 while the Rainbow Pad has a Type of 301. Both of their SubTypes are 0. Check the wop file's attributes (maybe in Power Wop since you can see everything in base 10).
Could you explain more on that last part? I don't know what you mean by Base 10.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Tue May 27, 2014 3:09 pm

Wonderman109 wrote:
MyNameIsKooky wrote:
Could you explain more on that last part? I don't know what you mean by Base 10.
It simply means the decimal system :P. PowerWop is recommended so you don't have to use a hex-editor, and look at base 16 hex values
Check that your RainbowFloat .wop has a type of 301, instead of 300.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Tue May 27, 2014 8:38 pm

Yep, that solved it. I wonder why it changed in the first place though? :P
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:40 pm

My level has hardly anything lethal in it (aside from edited objects being rolled over and the like) and is giving me AIOOB's every time I open it.

Any suggestions? :(
"Cabbage is useless"~Came to me in a dream
"Aparagus is Unlovable"~Common knowledge
"Radishes are Ugly"~Came to my mind
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:55 pm

I think sometimes, the editor just hates on random wlvs.
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:00 am

I broke my editor by setting my mode to full screen :(

EDIT: nvm, I moved some folders into a new editor, now my editor is all new and sparkly...
My Level List
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 5:46 am

Placing a suction tube so part of it sticks out of a level causes AIOOBs.
SearchForReality
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by SearchForReality » Tue Jun 10, 2014 3:05 am

I found two bugs while making a level avenging my brother.

Thwarts in the editor screen of non-standard colour appear in the inventory all the time, and in the wlv when first placed. But, save and exit, re-enter that wlv, and check again. The editor colors changed right back. They still show up properly if re-placed, and in the Player.

Zap-bots, and possibly other flying enemies, die when frozen while over water and possibly lava. I'll ask Wonderman to check this on his Experimentation level thingamajig.
PMs and emails closed until further notice.
LexieTheFox
Rainbow Master

Post by LexieTheFox » Tue Jun 10, 2014 8:03 pm

SearchForReality wrote: while making a level avenging my brother.
... 8)
Rawr.
Fear me, I bite! >:3
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:37 am

I had an area where you use keys to collect icons (there are different icons to collect, but they're all exactly the same except for some of their ID's and active statuses) and then use the icons as "keys" to open a set of black gates. They have the local off function. It works fine up to a certain point, but no matter what I do, when I get to a specific black gate and use the icon, the gate opens, but I still have the icon in my inventory and I get the "You can not use this item here" message.

Any ideas? Maybe even just on why this is happening?

EDIT: Fixed it by moving a couple gates over, but I still don't understand what happened. :?
llarson
Rainbow Star

Post by llarson » Fri Jul 18, 2014 5:17 am

.-.

EDIT: And it's working again...huh.
My Level List
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:02 pm

It occurs in the editor if a file is missing, right when you open the editor. I've never seen it do that in a wlv. Then again, I get random MAVs from opening many wlvs fast and deleting lots of objects fast, so huh indeed.
Last edited by Wonderman109 on Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:13 pm

The "accessory" bug is one that only happens when you open a level.

As far as I can tell, the Editor and game both dynamically load accessory graphics, instead of having a set list. While the Editor does have a "limit" set on accessories you can use, the glasses settings are pretty easily broken, allowing you to set them to values that the game doesn't have by default.

In the old Editor, this only became a problem when you tried playing it, but in the new Editor, it's a bit more problematic. If you're copying a level over from the old Editor, you should double-check to make sure that all the glasses-wearing NPCs in it work fine in-game.

You can circumvent the Editor closing by creating the file it's looking for, which is quite useful.
InvisibleWater6512
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by InvisibleWater6512 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 7:07 pm

The ScaleAdjust property of Cuboids doesn't seem to work properly. :?
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Mon Aug 04, 2014 8:12 pm

I've had that problem too. :P

I've had it during a test adventure.

Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:01 pm

My guess is it has to do with the contraction and expansion animation.
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:00 pm

Yep, I remember posting that earlier. Same goes for Voids, Teleporters with Subcolours 3 and 4, etc.
Yzfm
Rainbow Master

Post by Yzfm » Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:43 am

Weren't there multiple-size voids in WA1?

Or maybe my mind is just weird
Previous Adventure:Time Out
Latest Adventure:Please Don't Feed The Dinosaurs!
Upcoming Adventure: History Lessons
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:09 am

Yeah, but for some reason, the Editor doesn't correctly let you adjust the Void object's size.