Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 158/195 levels released, NEW: "False Prophecy")

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 93/195 levels released, NEW: "Element 2: The Winds of Winter")

Post by Amnon » Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:35 pm

Fair enough about the need to eliminate all objects (except boulders, which is impossible) - but what about the idea to remove Stinky's fire-diversion while a minor Stinker goes round the world? What in the world (pun intended) prompts one to do that?

P.S. without looking at the editor I did not consider eliminating the barrels because Qookie and Peegue found their way out of the cage without them, so only one barrel needed to be pushed aside to let them through the gate.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 93/195 levels released, NEW: "Element 2: The Winds of Winter")

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:01 pm

Amnon wrote:
Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:35 pm
Fair enough about the need to eliminate all objects (except boulders, which is impossible) - but what about the idea to remove Stinky's fire-diversion while a minor Stinker goes round the world? What in the world (pun intended) prompts one to do that?

P.S. without looking at the editor I did not consider eliminating the barrels because Qookie and Peegue found their way out of the cage without them, so only one barrel needed to be pushed aside to let them through the gate.
Hmm, well, the way I see it (though obviously I am a bit biased): looking around, you can safely assume that the only way to access the bonus coins is to ride the ring (you can see the fake wall at the bottom). And when you think about how to remove the flames, well, I didn't plant any trees there, so that you would not think that a generator or warp gate is hiding. Therefore, a UFO mothership is the only possible consideration. You could assume there is a box in the wall, but that would just be unfair IMO. Besides, you would eventually find out there isn't one.

Then, the sign at the top, which is intentionally planted as a hint: "Only wind fights wind. And fire fights fire." You already know that the UFO does nothing if firing in the other three directions. So what about from the top? If you conclude that there is a mothership under the bonus coins (which you can hear), you must then think about the possible ways that they can all be eliminated. The only answer is a keg generator (can also see them hiding). This texture pack also lets you differentiate the fake walls, so you can definitely see them all across the top if you look for them.

So that was my thought process. It's intentionally designed to be the last possible thing you would think to do. But, thinking about the puzzle as a process of elimination, well, I think it's still very possible to crack. Of course, I've just here posted the solution, but hopefully players give it an honest attempt before reading it. It's tough, but not impossible.
Quest for the Five Elements - a 195-level RTW expansion pack
I am also known as Joey_San on Discord.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:36 am

Guessing your thought-processes should be of difficulty 10/10...

I actually thought there was a boulder inside that hidden wall on the bottom (until I reached there and found nothing, then I thought that the level was broken and took to the editor).
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:48 am

Amnon wrote:
Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:36 am
Guessing your thought-processes should be of difficulty 10/10...

I actually thought there was a boulder inside that hidden wall on the bottom (until I reached there and found nothing, then I thought that the level was broken and took to the editor).
Oh, not to worry, you will eventually experience 10/10 levels from me later in the series. Many of those are logic puzzles, though, which I'm sure you probably love, based on your own levels.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Mon Apr 12, 2021 2:39 am

I really wanted to wait a few more days before starting back up, but... the Crystal City is a big world, and it's 100% done. We're going to be here for a while! You still have time to catch up if you're behind. Otherwise...

WELCOME to Chapter 3: Crystal City Chaos.

The gang has been teleported across the universe to the high-tech Crystal City! This is the first world in the whole quest to properly introduce the “platinum” features of RTW, and intentionally so. You’ll see that a lot of the levels are based around them, introducing some brand new types of puzzles. This is a resort city, and although there is a lot of work to do, the gang cannot help but explore! There are a lot of things to do, games to play, areas to explore, and challenges to conquer. Can you win them all?? Welcome to the biggest city in the universe. Have too much fun.

Lv94 - "Crystal City Shore" (4/10, gold 7/10) - The introductory puzzle is quite easy, mostly just to get you acclimated to the new scenery. But unlocking the pinball machine, which gets you gold, requires a very different solution, one which is not so easy!

Download Notes:

Extract the "WD10 - Crystal City" folder into your Quest for the Five Elements directory. Lv94 is already included inside. Each subsequent level will then be added to the WD10 folder. Extract 'crystal' to your CustomTextures directory.

Enjoy! This is personally my FAVORITE world in the quest, and I'm excited to share these puzzles with you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 94/195 levels released, NEW: "Crystal City Shore")

Post by Amnon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:59 pm

Interesting level (94) - thanks!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 94/195 levels released, NEW: "Crystal City Shore")

Post by Tech Warrior » Mon Apr 12, 2021 9:38 pm

"Interesting" is what I like to hear, as indeed there are some interesting surprises you will find in the Crystal City.

But first, something a bit easier to float your boat!

Lv95 - "Linked In" (5/10) - Stinky and Loof discover link spheres, and quickly they realize how they can help, and hinder, their escape from the Link Lair! Can you get them out?

Download Notes:

Extract the level into your "WD10 - Crystal City" directory. Extract 'crystal' to your CustomTextures directory if you haven't yet gotten it.

Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 95/195 levels released, NEW: "Linked In"

Post by Amnon » Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:51 pm

Great puzzles (95) - thanks!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 95/195 levels released, NEW: "Linked In"

Post by Tech Warrior » Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:36 pm

Deception is the greatest part of city life in the biggest city in the universe. As Qookie will soon see!!

Lv96 - "City Life" (6/10) - The path to success is often awarded to the most creative thinkers. And in Crystal City, you need to be creative. Start now, or forever will you be trapped in the house of games.

Download Notes:

Extract the level into your "WD10 - Crystal City" directory. Extract 'crystal' to your CustomTextures directory if you haven't yet gotten it.

Enjoy!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 96/195 levels released, NEW: "City Life"

Post by Amnon » Tue Apr 13, 2021 10:59 pm

Thanks for the fun in #96.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 96/195 levels released, NEW: "City Life"

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Apr 14, 2021 2:28 am

I don't expect this next one to take you too long, but, I've always wanted to make one of these...

Lv97 - "Mess" (3.5/10) - It's Qookie's turn to have some fun in the sun as she discovers sticky cubes! Can you escape the sticky cube maze with all the bonus coins??

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 97/195 levels released, NEW: "Mess"

Post by Amnon » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:42 am

#97 was fun, thanks!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 97/195 levels released, NEW: "Mess"

Post by Tech Warrior » Wed Apr 14, 2021 3:38 pm

Loof is having fun, but hopefully not too much. Because in this city, that often leads to death.

Lv98 - "Bouncy House" (7/10) - Loof discovers trampolines, and must find the correct way to use them in order to escape the bouncy house! Can you find all the bonus coins?

Download Notes:

Enjoy!

EDIT: difficulty updated
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 98/195 levels released, NEW: "Bouncy House"

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:41 am

Moving quickly along through these releases - we've got a ways to go through the city.

This time, Stinky is heading to the best rooftop club in the city. But, there's a lot of traffic about!

Lv99 - "Dodgeball" (5/10) - Traffic in Crystal City doesn't stop, even for pedestrians! So try not to get run over in this obstacle course as you make your way to the club. The Kaboom Club, that is.

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 99/195 levels released, NEW: "Dodgeball"

Post by Amnon » Thu Apr 15, 2021 5:36 am

Done these last two, thanks.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 99/195 levels released, NEW: "Dodgeball"

Post by Tech Warrior » Thu Apr 15, 2021 4:02 pm

How has PEEGUE been adjusting to the new city?? By playing with fire - that's how. Typical Peegue.

Lv100 - "Toasty" (6.5/10) - A rather long level, but to get gold, it's twice as long. Try not to get too toasty, else you should face certain death.

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 100/195 levels released, NEW: "Toasty"

Post by rainbowmon » Thu Apr 15, 2021 10:24 pm

Finally came back to these today after leaving off ages ago at Water Mysteries (you were right about never wanting to play it again). I've finished World 3 - taking a break because my wrist hurts - then I'll play World 4.

Also, that Chomper timer in The Chase is *TIGHT*. All you need is *ONE* misinput, no matter how tiny, and you're not getting those Bonus Coins. Sheesh! Took me a while to do it...
Rainbowmon of the Care-Monic Spirits
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 100/195 levels released, NEW: "Toasty"

Post by Amnon » Fri Apr 16, 2021 12:44 am

Phew, got #100 behind me!
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:11 am

World 4 done - some of these took me a bit.

Notably:

Mindful Strategies - took me a few tries to figure out the moves regarding the Black Teleporter

Guarded Escape - had to time the final Rainbow Coin blindly, but ultimately got it, just as the Motherships began to appear

Flower Gardens - a clever puzzle that requires everything on the board, but not quite how you think they're needed; realizing the piece I was missing was pretty satisfying
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:28 am

@rainbowmon:

Updated description:

Water Mysteries - absolutely the worst level I have ever made, which will earn the trophy of being the most disliked level in this series, as it challenges only your sanity, which will ultimately fail thanks to Scouge, the cannon, right as you've just finished the last box, because that's just your karma on a good day.

In other news, NICE JOB completing Worlds 3 and 4 - I figured you would like World 4 - those levels are some of my personal favorites in Chapter 1. Those and "Colorguard" in World 5.

@ Amnon:

NICE, hopefully Peegue didn't burn up too many times. 100 levels down, 100 to go (yes, we have five bonus levels that will show up)!
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:43 pm

We're catching back up with Stinky, who has finally made his way to the rooftop Kaboom Club. But... is he invited to the party? Only if he can dance!!

Lv101 - "The Kaboom Dance" (6.5/10) - Master the dance of the Kabooms, and you should be just fine. But, if you don't master the dance, you'll have a much harder time surviving - they will make sure of it.

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sat Apr 17, 2021 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 101/195 levels released, NEW: "The Kaboom Dance"

Post by rainbowmon » Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:48 pm

World 5 clear!

Notable levels:

Broken Fusebox - That teleporter area is *NASTY* and I don't like it. I did manage to get it eventually - would've had it last night, but I didn't think to realize I could simply go up from the lower Blue teleporter to get any Stinker in that area out. I guess I was tired... Also, that bit with the conveyors and the pushable objects at the start reminded me of something. Wasn't there a similar contraption in one of the Fire Island Volcano levels of Secret Worlds?

Colorguard - You said this was one of your favorites, and I can see why. Takes a bit more thought than the average button level; I liked it!

Trapdoor - A great level, with a bit of tricky Chomper manipulation with Loof at the end.

Rooftop Rumble - "Stinky, you and I will need to work together to reach the other end and release Peegue!" AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA that's a want, Loof, not a need. Stinky can and did do all of that on his own.

The Keep - Great level, though it's a little annoying how you need to Control-Alt-X to even have a chance of getting those 6 Bonus Coins beyond the Blue Teleporter in one piece. Hopefully if/when RTW finally goes open source like WA, someone will add the ability to reset the camera with Control-Alt-X-Numpad5; it'll make things like this not quite as irritating.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Re: Quest for the Five Elements (RTW level pack - 101/195 levels released, NEW: "The Kaboom Dance"

Post by Tech Warrior » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:12 pm

You're right about Broken Fusebox! In WSW's Volcano world, there is a level called "Toxic Mirage," which directly inspired the creation of this level. Well, minus the annoying teleporter puzzle (which, would probably be more manageable if the pressure of that UFO was removed).

And AHA, maybe what Stinky meant was working emotionally together!!

Nice job on World 5 - you've completed CHAPTER ONE. Now go find the elemental temple!
Kamerson
Platinum Wonderlander

Post by Kamerson » Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:09 am

Played through Worlds 1 & 2 and the first half of World 3! So far, very fun adventure with an interesting story! Fairly easy so far, but I know it'll get tougher!
Hi, I'm Kamerson! I'm a pretty experienced puzzle gamer! Check out my Twitch channel where I have livestreams every Monday and Friday, sometimes playing the Wonderland games!

https://www.twitch.tv/kamerson
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:47 pm

Done level #101, but its difficulty level is not a 4/10, more like 6.5/10.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:41 pm

Kamerson wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:09 am
Played through Worlds 1 & 2 and the first half of World 3! So far, very fun adventure with an interesting story! Fairly easy so far, but I know it'll get tougher!
Awesome, thanks for hopping on board the quest! I'll need to tune into one of the streams some time! Glad you are enjoying it, though I know you will enjoy the later levels more so once you get past World 3 - that is my least favorite world (you've no doubt encountered some really annoying bits, such as "Water Mysteries" - oh yeah, sorry about that one!). I think it was first made about... ten years ago. Never rebuilt those levels! Too much bridge-building for me.

And wait... just watched some parts - THAT'S how you guys have done "Survival?" Now that is a very different solution from the intended solution, which is much faster. Try this out:

Immediately push the boulder above you upwards, then follow it around. It will crash into the boulder on the right. Push the top boulder down to crash into the boulder on the bottom, which will happen right before it hits Stinky. Then move to the left boulder - push that boulder right, as the remaining rolling boulder hits the conveyor. Then, you can use the boxes to get the coins, opening the exit gate. By doing this first, you can then sink the remaining boulder right into the water.

And... yeah, that fake wall was unfair on my part. Didn't have much time to watch much of the stream, but I was particularly curious about this level, because I wondered if other solutions were possible. Indeed, I didn't anticipate your solution. Nice work!!
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sat Apr 17, 2021 8:42 pm

Amnon wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:47 pm
Done level #101, but its difficulty level is not a 4/10, more like 6.5/10.
Aha, you have not mastered the dance then! Once you master the dance, the level is a walk in the park! Difficulty updated, to reflect mastering this dance.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:03 pm

THAT'S how you guys have done "Survival?"
My first step was to push the leftmost boulder down, Loof had to be quick to get there, afterwards he could take his time.
Tech Warrior
Rainbow Keeper

Post by Tech Warrior » Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:27 am

As Crystal City's resort attractions get more challenging, so too shall the frequency of these uploads decrease! You'll be glad you are getting the extra time... before you start getting behind, that is...

Lv102 - "Mirror Maze" (7/10) - A popular tourist attraction that has piqued Peegue's interest, this is one of my favorites in this world. The maze changes with every move, making it as easy or as hard as your algorithms allow. But, keeping all the possible algorithms in your head as you attempt to crack the correct one? That's the tough bit, and it will require some trial and error... or lots of it! Good luck.

LEVEL UPDATED - see post on next page, because the forums are not letting me replace the original file.
Last edited by Tech Warrior on Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:29 am, edited 5 times in total.
rainbowmon
Rainbow Keeper

Post by rainbowmon » Sun Apr 18, 2021 3:33 am

Amnon wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 11:03 pm
THAT'S how you guys have done "Survival?"
My first step was to push the leftmost boulder down, Loof had to be quick to get there, afterwards he could take his time.
I believe that's how I did it as well.
Tech Warrior wrote:
Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:27 am
As Crystal City's resort attractions get more challenging, so too shall the frequency of these uploads decrease! You'll be glad you are getting the extra time... before you start getting behind, that is...

Lv102 - "Mirror Maze" (7/10) - A popular tourist attraction that has piqued Peegue's interest, this is one of my favorites in this world. The maze changes with every move, making it as easy or as hard as your algorithms allow. But, keeping all the possible algorithms in your head as you attempt to crack the correct one? That's the tough bit, and it will require some trial and error... or lots of it! Good luck.

Download Notes:

Enjoy!
That level description intrigues me... Wonder what's coming there? Guess I'll see when I finally get there.