Conceptual Adventure - Rainbow Roulette

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Conceptual Adventure - Rainbow Roulette

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:03 am

So, just a little while ago, the true nature of Command 4 was revealed (which, for the record, was due to research done by Jdl and me, not Krishiv).

It turns out, Command 4 is basically an object modifier that can be used in-game. The amount of stuff it can change is pretty significant.

One of the first experiments I tried with it was editing the Glove Charger .wop to have an ID, then changing the Charger's Data0 value. In-game, Data0 is the Charger's colour. As it turns out, it genuinely works in-game - You can change a charger's magic type.

This is a very, very quick (and shoddy) adventure I threw together experimenting with the idea. It can be broken with Blink and such, but the point of this is to show off the glove charger. You'll see what I mean. :wink:

Protip: Save before trying to recharge your gloves, just in case.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
StinkerSquad01
Rainbow AllStar

Post by StinkerSquad01 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:08 am

Haha, that's great! :o
Will work on it tomorrow. :)
Sammy_P
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Sammy_P » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:14 am

deLICIOUS
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:25 am

Nice demonstrationy thing!

I chose to use a different magic for each puzzle. I ended up using
Brr for the red one, Pow, then Flash after a forgetting-to-save mishap for the orange one, Blink for the yellow one, and Pop for the green one.
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Wonderland King
Rainbow Master

Post by Wonderland King » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:55 am

I used
Blink for the yellow and green, and Brr for the red and orange.
It's a very creative use of the concept. I had thought CMD 4 did something like that, but was never able to get it to work. So well done on both the level and the discovery! :D
Nobody
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Nobody » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:12 am

I was bored, so I decided to make a list of all the applications of all the magics to all the puzzles. Unless I failed, which I did.

EDIT: Almost forgot to mention, the letter stands for the color of the teleporter used to access the puzzle.
Floing: R (Put a Floing Bubble on the charger for even more Roulette-y fun! You drown afterwards though.)
Pow: O
Pop: OGY
Grow: TROG (T is the letter for whether or not you can land on the charger and stay there. Why did I keep track of this? Because I could.)
Brr: TROGY (A 100% score on the TROGY test? br is to op powred, midnite ms plz nerf)
Flash: OG (This would probably be a TROGY too, the TRY solutions all involved taking things from the orange room, and that felt like cheating to me.)
Blink: TOGY (Getting Blink to work for the Orange room was painful.)
i should change my signature to be rude to people who hate pictures of valves
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:02 am

You can't finish the level within 9 brrs, though, right?

Also, I have no idea why that barrel in the orange room acts the funny way it does, is that even intentional? I can't step on it... but I can pow or flash it.

Due to that, well... by "taking things from the orange room" it's theoretically possible to win the level within 9 flashes, but getting the yellow room to work is SUPER MEGA PAINFUL. It's theoretically possible, but I'm not in the mood for crazy antics.

Anyway, this is great. A true CMD4 adventure! 8)
Rest in peace, Kym. I hardly knew ya.
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:02 am

EDIT: accidental double post, nvm
Rest in peace, Marinus. A bright star, you were ahead of me on my own tracks of thought. I miss you.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:15 am

Muzozavr wrote:Also, I have no idea why that barrel in the orange room acts the funny way it does, is that even intentional? I can't step on it... but I can pow or flash it.
That's intentional. It's there to block the orange conveyor, I lowered it underwater because I thought it'd make more sense that way (and it wouldn't be floating, so).
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:18 am

Qloof234 wrote:
Muzozavr wrote:Also, I have no idea why that barrel in the orange room acts the funny way it does, is that even intentional? I can't step on it... but I can pow or flash it.
That's intentional. It's there to block the orange conveyor, I lowered it underwater because I thought it'd make more sense that way (and it wouldn't be floating, so).
It makes a wee bit less sense when I can flash it and then re-flash it, for example, on the red button in the red room. Since it's lowered, it doesn't show up on the floor, but it still presses the button. :lol:
|Cookie|
Rainbow Star

Post by |Cookie| » Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:12 pm

Very nice use of CMD4! I really enjoyed this adventure!
Also... CMD4 IS AWESOME!
Previously known as "kidkidaaa1"
My level list
My hub: TTN
Woof Woof
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:11 pm

All of this is really cool! I can't believe we were missing out on such a powerful command all this time. Kudos to you and jdl for solving the mystery of CMD4. ;)
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Jutomi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:28 pm

I found this to be quite amazing! :lol:

I am pretty sure that each area can be solved using Brr.
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:49 pm

Heh, well.. To be honest I didn't really do much of anything except for expanding upon Q's changing glovecharger in the CMD4 thread to this roulette charger idea, and discussing the command with him on Skype. Q literally did all the documentation on the command while I got confused trying to figure it out myself. :lol: :oops:
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Wonderman109
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Wonderman109 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:56 pm

Oh god, not again. (See image. How did I get there anyways?)

But I finished the level anyhow. Blink was the most useful IMO, because you can cheat the Grow and Pop puzzles with it quite easily.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:12 pm

Theoretically, the most useful is Brr because it can complete any puzzle rather easily. However, I have not found a way to win all the puzzles within 9 brrs.

There is a way to win the level in 9 Flashes, but the yellow room requires an ugly timing trick that I can't even do right.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:53 pm

jdl wrote:Heh, well.. To be honest I didn't really do much of anything except for expanding upon Q's changing glovecharger in the CMD4 thread to this roulette charger idea, and discussing the command with him on Skype. Q literally did all the documentation on the command while I got confused trying to figure it out myself. :lol: :oops:
Hey, you provided me with some of the NPC parameter values, which helped me get further along on my own research. As far as I'm concerned, you're just as deserving of credit for this as I am. :wink:
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:05 pm

This was an interesting concept! Would there possibly be a way to make a magic charge change it's power by stepping on some General Command Buttons, perhaps?
EDIT:
Muzozavr wrote:There is a way to win the level in 9 Flashes, but the yellow room requires an ugly timing trick that I can't even do right.
Actually the timing trick for the yellow room isn't really tedious at all. I did it within 5 tries. It is perfectly possible to complete the yellow room with 9 Flash charges ;)
Muzozavr
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Muzozavr » Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:54 pm

No, I mean THE WHOLE LEVEL in 9 Flashes. If you do that, you need to use the zipbot, but that's really hard... or maybe I just wasn't trying hard enough.
samuelthx
Rainbow Master

Post by samuelthx » Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:42 am

Muzozavr wrote:No, I mean THE WHOLE LEVEL in 9 Flashes. If you do that, you need to use the zipbot, but that's really hard... or maybe I just wasn't trying hard enough.
Yeah, I meant that. My carelessness is getting the better of me.
The trick is basically to fix your position and use the spikeyball as reference. You'll want to re flash the zip bot on the buttons on the left, then flash it out when it's on the second button from the right. (IIRC)
So I realised, after 3 tries, that the moment the spikeyball was around 4 buttons away (yours might be different, you'll have to experiment :P ) the spell must be shot at the second button from the right.
Yeah, that's all there is to it. I think the unintended solution many people used for Unsolvable? was much harder to pull off :P
Also I think this shouldn't be in spoiler tags.
Qloof234
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Qloof234 » Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:38 am

samuelthx wrote:I think this shouldn't be in spoiler tags.
My own two cents - Yeah, in this case, I don't think it's too important. The point of this adventure isn't the puzzle aspect, it's just meant as an example of the kinds of things that Command 4 can do for us.
anklejbiter
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by anklejbiter » Tue Apr 21, 2015 2:35 am

Hey, can I use this? There's something really cool I want to show you guys.

If you set the glove's charge to -2, -3, -4, so on, or to 7, 8, 9, 10, so on, It does some pretty wild stuff... then, using clone to create myself, I stand on the charger and step on the cmd4's and can instantly test them.
Links
Contact me where I'm active: Discord. Anklejbiter3141

New Music
Freedom Dive (Cybergrind coming soon…)

My best music
Theme of Skyworld (New and superior version)
Seventeen (A song in 17/16 time :O)

Last Updated 7/16/23
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Another Wonder

Post by Jutomi » Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:24 pm

This was another wonderful creation, Qloof. :mrgreen:

Thank you very much for the adventure!

Click me to see a video of this
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.