HOLIDAY LEVEL CONTEST

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:25 pm

Oh boy! A green sphere puzzle to find the results! :evil:

Congratulations to ____________ (you kow who you are) and my thanks to all who posted a level, they were great fun!

Loirae guessed 18 out of 20, how the .... :shock: I figured I was sure about three so I didn't even bother to throw darts!

And Cathy and Tasha...great job! Way to go! :D
bob
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Jan 05, 2007 1:01 am

Wonderfull results puzzle. The green spheres got me the first 2 times but I sussed it out. Congratulations you winner you. :lol:

I'm going to play them all again since I know who's is who's. Maybe one of these days I can guess everyone's level style. :wink:

Thanks again Tasha and Cathy, you both did a wonderful job.
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:57 am

TASHA wrote:AND..........
THE WINNER OF THE GUESSING CONTEST IS:

LOIRAE..................18/20 RIGHT!!!! CONGRATULATIONS, LOIRAE. YOU SURE DO KNOW YOUR LEVELMAKERS!!!
Image Loirae - that really is amazing - and Image to everybody else, too.

Now I need HELP, please.
I really want to know which level is the winner, but I can't get past those **&##%** green spheres.
I've got them going in all directions - except the correct one.

A very small spoiler would very much be appreciated.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:05 am

Thank you for the small help, Cathy. It was just what I needed - and also, a very
BIG THANK YOU to both you and Tasha for the fun competition.

I wish I had finished all the levels and got my vote in. I was close, but missing a few.

And now
are to awarded to the winner. A great job.
Great work by all the other contestants, too.

Thank you all for all the fun.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Fri Jan 05, 2007 3:42 pm

JUST IN CASE SOME MEMBERS CAN'T FINISH THE WINNING LEVEL I WANTED TO PROVIDE A LISTING OF WHO MADE WHAT LEVEL & THE LINEUP OF THE SCORING.

HOLIDAY A... DLCS 18... 17TH
HOLIDAY B... AMY... 16TH
HOLIDAY C... UNEEKROSE... 9TH
HOLIDAY D... JANETGALLE... 10TH
HOLIDAY E... BOB ROEST... 12TH
HOLIDAY F... CAT - 1ST LEVEL ... 19TH
HOLIDAY G... HELLOWORLD... 15TH
HOLIDAY H... LOIRAE... 5TH
HOLIDAY I... KAZZA... 4TH
HOLIDAY J... CAT - 2ND LEVEL... 20TH
HOLIDAY K... JCVALCAR - 1ST LEVEL... 6TH
HOLIDAY L... LIZ... 2ND
HOLIDAY M... WONDERLANDO1... 18TH
HOLIDAY N... LILLIE... 1ST WINNER
HOLIDAY O... SPEEGLED... 14TH
HOLIDAY P... KIKI ... 3RD
HOLIDAY Q... MARK... 13TH
HOLIDAY R... JCVALCAR - 2ND LEVEL... 11TH
HOLIDAY S... METTE... 7TH
HOLIDAY T... LUTZ... 8TH

AND, ONCE AGAIN, THANKS ON BEHALF OF CATHY & MYSELF FOR ALL THE TERRIFIC LEVELS & THE PARTICIPATION BY ALL WONDERLAND MEMBERS. WE HAD A "BALL"!!!!!
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:19 pm

I was asked to provide the information on who created what models, textures etc. So I need some assistance providing the correct information. I know a few of these but I’m uncertain about the rest. Some of the ones I know are as follows:

Models -
Janet – pbear, ResultsM (party hats, presents), Icefields
Popo – penguins, Christmas tree, 2006xm(collection of models), peeguesxmas
Shorty – xmaschain
Uneekrose – winterM
xmas2006 - Popo (Penguin) and Janet (pbear)

My levels – WishM, PartayM & ResultsM - The models I used for the most part were made by Janet - Champaign, partyhats, elves, presents, lamps, and hippo. The lamps were made by Janet, I just changed their colors and the xmas tree was done by Pauline (I also didn't grab all the colors from that file when I copied it so it turned out white). :oops:

Textures:
Cat – New Year, ChristmasT
Kaz - Lilac
Liz - Baublesbubbles
Mette - xmascastle
Ohbehave – WishT, NewYears, Blueice
Popo - Wintersnow
Shorty - Snowshoe
Uneekrose – Winter222T

Backrounds:
Cat – ChristmasB
Shorty - Snowy
Uneekrose – Winter222B

Houses:
Cat – ChristmasH
Mette - xmasorghouses
Triana/Jean - Santaginger

Unknown – xmashouses and mine - wishh (I borrowed 2 houses from 2 different folders)

Some of these unknowns I listed were probably made by the level creator but I didn’t want to assume this. I hope I listed all of them and that you all will help me with who did what.

Edited with updates - thanks all :D :D
Last edited by jcvalcar2 on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:39 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Cathy
dlcs18
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by dlcs18 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 4:21 pm

wintersnow was made by popo
dlcs18
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:25 pm

I made xmascastle (texture) and xmasorghouses (houses).

BIG congratulations to the winner and the ace guesser :D :D :D

And again, thanks for organizing this :lol:

Mette
\Mette
ann3120
Rainbow Star

Post by ann3120 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 5:44 pm

I don't usually post this much, but do want to add something.
I noticed that the order in which the levels were placed changed on your list from the way they were presented in your level. You added in levels K (one of my very favorites) at 6th place and R at 11th, but originally they were given Honourable Mention. I'm glad we can see where they were, too.

Also, I'm so proud of myself because I was able to complete the top 2 - sorry Kiki. Couldn't get yours done, but I will try again.

Again, great job to every one.
Mrs. Annie Purple Hat
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:00 pm

I was wondering about that too Annie - I loved your levels Cathy Stinker - and I guessed them correct too :P :P :P
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:00 pm

Ann & Lillie, the reason for the difference is because I didn't realize that Cathy's two levels were not listed in her winning level. When I kept track of the scoring each one was scored & listed but when she made the level she did not include herself in the scoring lineup. My post gave the members the official scoring lineup of all 20 submitted levels which I thought everyone would like to see. Am glad you enjoyed seeing where everyone was placed.

Tasha
Lutz
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by Lutz » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:10 pm

I used the snowy background. Don't know who made it...
The model file xmas2006 is a combination of Popo's Penguin and Janet's Polar Bear (or was it the other way round :roll: )

Thanks anyway :D
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:15 pm

Sorry for the confusion but in my level I did what Mette and Loirae did with their contest not listing their scores. My scores shouldn't have been included in the line up. :oops: Didn't want anyone upset with us doing the contest and me getting a score. Sorry!
Cathy
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:39 pm

jcvalcar2 wrote:Unknown – 2006xm, peeguesxmas, Icefields
2006xm was for my level but it was a bunch of popo's models all packed together. They were originally in different model packs.
Lillie
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Lillie » Fri Jan 05, 2007 6:48 pm

There is no confusion honeys :D As long as Cathy gets credit for her levels and scores - that is cool x
Lillie The Beanhead! Image
"Lillie Still A London Phillie Dancing Like A Billie Goatee Wee Wee Lillie"
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:38 pm

I'm a bit confused, in the results level I was 8th but on the post I'm 9th. So which is correct?

Congratulations Lillie.

All the levels were great.
TASHA
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by TASHA » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:46 pm

Monica, if you read the posts above you will see the reason why. Cathy did not include her scores in the winning level but I included her results in the official posting. Therefore, everyone was moved up one "notch" in her level.

Hope that answers your question.
uneekrose
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by uneekrose » Fri Jan 05, 2007 10:27 pm

okie dokie, thanks Tasha
mette
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by mette » Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:08 am

I just checked my lists:

blueice texture - ohbehave
snowshoe texture - Shorty
snowy background - Shorty

Mette
\Mette
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:06 pm

Thanks for helping me with the models, textures etc. I only have a few left unsolved!! :D
Cathy
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:45 pm

Could I please have a spoiler for levels L and R? I enjoyed all of the levels but can't figure these two out. Thank you.
janetgalle
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by janetgalle » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:25 pm

Hey Lillie, way to go (again) for her winning level, and another big way to go to Loirae for her guessing skills!

jcvalcar: I borowed the houses for my level from "Triana/Jean" he/she was only here for a short while.
The hippo and the lamps were posted by me, I think. I lose track after awhile. All the snowpeople/santa and rudolf in my level were made by me. The snow/fog ground cover was made by sfseaman.

Congrats to the winners and a big thanks to Tasha and jcvalcar for all the work involved in this contest.

jg
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:48 pm

Here's the full solution to Level L

HOLIDAY CONTEST LEVEL L – SOLUTION
1. Stinky pushes the blue sphere north and steps left quickly. When the blue button is covered, walk north and go round behind the pink goops. Push the right side one upwards, then push the left one left, down and into the water. Push the other pink goop into the water and walk through.
2. Walk down the left side of the pool and collect the coin, go into the false walls on the left and collect the coins from beside the generator and in the walls. Push the keg right into the water. Push the ice cube onto the yellow button.
3. Go back up the left side of the pool and jump over the trampoline into the top area. Collect the coins and push the keg into the water to collect the coins on the right. This starts the barrel generator. Jump down the trampolines into the area right of the ice cubes. The blue sphere generator has been activated again and will build a bridge for Loof and open the white gates. Walk Stinky through the white gates and switch to Loof. He goes through to the pink TP. Wait until there is a gap in the kabooms before you jump through, or you get blown up. Now wait until the lone kaboom is approaching and push the box left. This diverts the kaboom and puts Loof back in the safe area. All the kabooms blow up except for the loner. Push the steel box up and use it to trap the kaboom in the pink button room – don’t push it onto the pink button though, or you lose the box and the kaboom. Collect the coins, go back through the TP and get the bonuses. Now step on the light blue button and press ENTER.
4. Qookie and Peegue now do some exhibition skating – you don’t need to do anything until Qookie lands on the green button. Move her left out of the way so Peegue can land.
5. Qookie goes through to the pink goop room. There are several moves you can make, but this is what I do. Walk right to the wall sticking out and step one up, one left, and walk all the way to the top wall. The 2 shadows should now be at the bottom wall. Walk right and slide round the ice curve. Switch to Peegue and get him to step off the green button to get rid of one shadow, then step back on the button again. Switch back to Qookie and walk all the way to the left wall and all the way back to just before the ice. Peegue can get rid of the next shadow and step back on the green button.
6. Now Stinky can pick up the bonuses from the green gates and walk through to the goop room.
7. Switch back to Loof and have him push the pink goop and the prism into the water so he can exit the room.
8. Qookie now activates the goop generator by pushing the goop cubes together. Using the ice to help, push the goops down over the trampoline. Loof pushes the goop up round the ice curve into the right side water. Repeat this, then have Loof stand on the pink bridge. Send 2 more goops over so Loof can push them left and down round the ice curve to complete the bridge to the ice. Don’t forget to push another goop through to Peegue, so it can go on the green button and he can escape.
9. All characters can slide right and exit – you can still hear them having fun as the last one leaves.
10. I’ve noticed that if you forget to free Peegue, you can move him off the green button and eventually the first character to exit will land on the green button so Peegue can get home!
Phew! What a long explanation! Good luck Tweetyangel and anyone else stuck on this one. :D :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:03 pm

Thanks for the help with level L. We got our gold! It was a neat looking level.
jcvalcar2
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by jcvalcar2 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:11 pm

SPOILER for Level R

Have Loof step up into the hidden wall and wait until the boulder stops. There is an invisible boulder in front of Loof, push it down and go into the the hidden wall to push the invisible boulder into the water. Go back up push the boulder back onto the conveyor and then push it down, once again go into the hidden wall to push it into the water hole. The green x's mark the hidden walls and the hidden coins. The pink x marks the box that can be used to fill the water hole behind the white tree after you get rid of the zbot.

Have Loof collect the coins as follows in the picture and then let the zbot out to land in the water.

There is a timer button behind the white tree to get Peegue off of the ice. You'll need to time it right so he doesn't bump into himself.

Take the hidden coins at the top where Loof originally started - there is also another boulder in the wall that can be pushed to the right to cover the blue button at the top right side.

Gather the other coins. Once you have Peegue off the ice have the Loof or Qookie gather the other coins on the dance floor.

Hope this helps you tweetyangel. :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cathy
tweetyangel
Rainbow Wonderlander

Post by tweetyangel » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:42 pm

Thanks for your help. We got the gold and finished all the contest levels.
laura n.
Rainbow Star

Post by laura n. » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:11 am

Jeeze how much more behind could I be :oops: :oops:

Didn't get to finish the competition due to computer problems... Like I got a new one :D :D but then I transfered RTWD incorrectly and couldn't download any levels :cry: Thanks to the help of another member, got it all sussed out and was finally able to play the Results level :D

Great level and a enjoyable competition (even thought I didn't complete it)
I must say those Spheres gave me a few hair pulling moments .. but finally made it safely home. Thanks for all the fun :D :D

And CONGRATULATIONS to all that partcipated

Lillie & Loriae you're both TOPS in my book Image Congratulations
Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.
lakeowl
Rainbow Wizard

Holiday Games Contest

Post by lakeowl » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:35 am

Was wondering when and If the contest games can be downloaded. Would love to play them and am anxious to see how they all turned out.

Thanks
lakeowl
Loirae
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by Loirae » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:49 am

Hi Lakeowl. I saw your request for this on the Meet and Greet, but thought you'd gotten the answer for Cat. If you didn't see it over there, here's the directions again:
click on this link:
http://nutters.dk/files/HolidayContest.zip
it will start a downloaf for a zip file.
everything should be unzipped into yur Return to Wonderland folder, wherever it is you keep in your hard drive. This zip file contains the levels, models, textures - everything but the results level. If you unzip it to your return to wonderland folder, it should automatically put all the levels and textures, etc in the correct folders for you.

If you're interested in the results level, it's on this topic, towards the end of page 2.

Just give a hollar if you need more help.
rescuefire
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by rescuefire » Sat Jan 13, 2007 3:00 am

Wow ya all are awesome! The only way I can guess any level is the one I cannot finish is always Marks :?

You are all some very creative puzzlers, guesser's and friendly as all get out!

::ploppin' down on the couch:::: I just love this place!

Congrats to all
Image Blessed are those who can give without remembering and take without forgetting.