New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 6

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 6

Post by Chip » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:53 am

A new chapter: The odyssey begins.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:10 am

This is quite an odyssey Chip :shock: :shock: :shock:

I've been floating around for hours and visited loads of charmingly named islands. I seem to be in a Catch22 situation with the black TP and boulders.
If I bounce one boulder onto the trampoline to knock the other into the TP then I lose the raft I need to get the interesting bricks stuck together. If I push the boulder into the water I can get the raft but then I don't have another item to put through the black TP to get the upper coin.
It's very very confusing. I keep going back to it now and then trying to work it out but I think it's beyond me :?
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Tue Nov 17, 2009 9:53 am

Hi Liz
You don't lose the raft, when you push the boulder on it. Remember: This is the Archipelago of 'Saltalunga'.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:30 pm

Yep. :D

Thanks Chip,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
bob
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:27 am

Stinky, the Old Sea Salt, finally made it around the dastardly Archipelago of Saltalunga with 7 minutes to spare.

That was a real brain strain, especially making it to the last raft.

Thanks so much for the challenge Chip. :piratesmile:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sat Nov 21, 2009 5:09 pm

SS NUTSHELL - logbook entry 14,1 - captain Stinky

How I steered through The Faraway Oceans (west):

The western shores:
1. Steered E,S,W,N on raft. Had reached Isle of Reunion. Went N through red TP. Was on a second raft and waited until stop. Then steered S,W,N,E,S and went 2xS. Was on Mona now and went S through green TP to visit Lisa and get coin. Came back through green TP.

2. Went 2xN back on raft and waited until stop. Went N through yellow TP. Was on southern branch of Cross of the South and found a new raft. Steered E,N,E,S,W,N. Was at Monkey Island and had a barrel in front of me.

3.Pushed barrel N into pool. Then pushed left cannon 1xE and waited 1 shot to hit upper box on Gapalagos (Sorry, Charles!). Then pushed cannon E into pool. Went back on raft and steered S,N,E. Pushed second cannon N into pool too.

4. Entered raft from N and waited until stop at Gapalagos. Went 4xS and pushed second box in ocean to get coin (Sorry again, Charles!). Went 4xN back on raft. After stop at Monkey Island steered W,S,W,S,W,N,E. Had reached Myst and collected bonus coins.

5. Went back on raft and steered W,E,N. Collected coin on Monkey Island. Left through blue TP (collecting another coin).

The central shores:
6. Was on northern Lego Twin now. Went 3xE and S through pink TP. Arrived on southern Twin. Went around cubes and entered raft, that worked like a pendulum between the twins. Steered it N and pushed right cube N and 2xE above pink TP.

7. Went back on pendulum and steered S. Went around cubes, then pushed right one N on raft and left one S and 2xE into pink TP. Went on pink TP and jumped E (getting coin).

8. Was on Saltalunga and went W of tramp under the sign. Jumped E,E,N,S. Was on an island with 2 boulders in the SE of the Archipelago. Pushed lower boulder N into pool. Went S of western tramp and jumped N. Pushed second boulder E into pool too to get coin.

9. Jumped N to island with white TP. Had a boulder to my right and pushed it E. It bounced and abducted my last raft. Had to get it back! Went N (reading the sign) and W, then jumped W,S,S. Was near the tramp under the sign again. Went S of it this time and jumped N,E,S,W,N,E,E - nobody steals my rafts!

The eastern shores:
10. Went E on Papageno. Pushed boulder into black TP and followed. Was on Tamino and got coin in the NE. Went through black TP from S and got coin on Papagena. Came back through black TP.

11. Went around red boulder and pushed it S, then (using black TP again) W into cyan TP. Entered cyan TP myself from W. Had reached Pamina. Went around green boulder and pushed it N into cyan TP.

12. Next one was important: Went around cyan TP and entered it from W! Was on Tamino again and pushed green boulder W into pool. Went back to my last raft through black TP. Steered W,E,N,W. Could reach southern shore of Tamino now.

13. Pushed left blue boulder N, then W into pool. Got next coin. Went around yellow boulder and pushed it N: Another coin. Went back to Pamina and pushed remaining blue boulder S into pool to collect last 2 coins.

PS:
Had to push 2 other boulders into white TP to leave the sea. Used my last raft and the tramps on Saltalunga.

End of entry.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:32 pm

I didn't do it the same way Chip. Too complicated to explain everything, even if I could remember.
I didn't touch barrels or cannons on Monkey Island. 2 pink cubes went through the dark blue TP to get the coin on Monkey Island. The other 2 pink cubes stuck together on Lego Island North to disable the south pink TP.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:07 pm

Hi Liz
The Faraway Oceans are an open world, there are many ways to steer through. Captain Stinky searched a route from the west to the east with short turns on the rafts. (He tried to make the logbook entry as short as possible, because Qookie had prepared a fine dinner...)
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:20 am

Lots of fun, thanks!