New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 8

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 8

Post by Chip » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:44 pm

Far away from home: The things are twisted.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:47 pm

I did use that one item 3 times. :wink:

This needed some careful thought before I moved anything so needless to say the Shift/Arrow keys were in overtime! :D

Fun endeavour, thanks again Chip!
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:39 pm

Hints:
1. There's a particular wooden box, that blocks all efforts. Get rid of it, and The Faraway Oceans are wide open.

2. It stands in the SE of The Talking Stones. To be precise: It's the upper one.

3. A persistent piece of wood! (IKEA, I presume...) But the following helpfile indicates an elegant way to solve the problem. Be fast, cowboy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Wed Nov 25, 2009 4:34 pm

I've tried this over and over and I can't get fast enough.

Maybe I'll try again when I've got over the flu. I'm not holding out much hope though ... :wink:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:33 am

Here's the walkthrough:
SS Nutshell - logbook entry 17,1 - captain Stinky

How I steered through The Faraway Oceans (center):

1. Steered E,S,N on raft to get first 2 coins. Was on Woody Island. Pushed left box S to block western output of black TP, then right box 4xE into water to get next coin. Went through black TP.

2. Was on Shiny Island. Went around left reflector (getting coin) and pushed it W into black TP. Went around topmost reflector and pushed it into black TP too. Went through blue TP.

3. Was on Silver's Castle. Pushed barrel above cannon E into water and went on second raft. Steered N and had third reflector in front of me. Pushed it 2xN. Went around last reflector. This was the triple use reflector, short TUR. Pushed it N into blue TP then steered S on raft.

4. Silver's Castle again. Pushed TUR E on sign, then went on raft. Waited for shot of cannon and let it pass, then pushed TUR S and went E one step. Waited for next shot. It hit TUR and went on to the N. Had to be quick now:

5. Immediately after hit went S and pushed TUR W into blue TP. It appeared on Shiny Island and reflected same shot again to the W. Steered N on raft, went around TUR, pushed it S on raft and went aside.

6. Skill shot! Hit the TUR 3rd time and got rid of this annoying box in the SE of The Talking Stones. Pushed reflector above me 2xW and went back on Silver's Castle. Hit the remaining barrel there with similar skill shot and collected coin and bonus coins.

7. Time to visit The Talking Stones. Pushed remaining box in the SE 5xW into water, just behind cannon. Collected all possible coins on this Island. 3 of them left: Had to fill the upper two pools to get them.

8. Went back to black TP on Shiny Island and entered it (important!) from E. Was on Woody Island again and pushed upper reflector 2xE and 2xS on raft. It floated away to Powdery Island. Went there too through TPs. Went around reflector, pushed it 3xW into white TP and followed. Then pushed reflector 2xS into pool.

9. Went back through white TP and steered raft N back to Woody Island. Repeated the transport 2x: The other reflector first, the wooden box second. Got last 3 coins on The Talking Stones in this style.

10. Just 1 coin left on Powdery Island, but barrels in my way. Had to bring along Silver's cannon and paid attention to keep it intact. Used cannon and TUR to fill final gap.

End of entry.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Nov 27, 2009 9:26 am

Thanks Chip - I'll give it a try over the weekend. I've been very busy yesterday and today! :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:50 pm

Sorry Chip - I just can't do this one. :(

I've been trying for hours on and off and not managing to get very far, in spite of mastering the skill shot. :D :D

Thanks for the fun though ... 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Feb 10, 2018 1:58 pm

Quite a challenge, thanks!!!