New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 9

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 9

Post by Chip » Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:45 pm

A choice to make: Orpheus or Sisyphus.

(My favorite one and dedicated to Bob, who likes workouts.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:34 am

Thanks for dedicating the level but I'm back to work tomorrow so Wonderland time will once again be short. :(

But I do look forward to playing it...and I will! :D
bob
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:20 am

bob roest wrote:But I do look forward to playing it...and I will!
...and I did! :D

This was a gas, not as hard as some of the others, and trial and error usually helps me along and it did here as well. I had a problem exiting until I realized where I had made my mistake. Restart! :lol:

Good fun Chip, thank you!
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:05 pm

SS NUTSHELL - logbook entry 17,2 - chief engineer Qookie

Of stones and treasures:

The south
1. Steered N on raft and went E to read sign. Slided N (coin) and jumped E. Went N and pushed blue stone W. Went 3xE and pushed yellow stone E. Went W and 2xS then stepped E on conveyor: Goodbye, boulder.

2. Jumped N. Went to boulder beneath red stone. Pushed it E too over conveyor and into white TP. Followed and landed on white timer. Went S and slided E and back (coin). Went S through white TP (coin), then jumped W. Pushed red stone N on button: Conveyors down. Went on left one, then quickly pushed boulder W and jumped N: White timer active!

3. Went 2xE and 4xS, slided into bonus coin. Went around boulder down there and got bonus coin above red timer. Pushed boulder N on tramp (conveyors started again) and jumped N myself. Had boulder just in front of me and pushed it E and S: Green and red timer active!

4. Went around red stone factory and pushed green stone W on pink button: Pink gate open! Left the south of the island by going N through black TP.

The centre:
5. Was on red stone, just above upper black TP. Slided W and back (coin) then N. Collected coin and bonus coins on this side of channel. Then went through cyan TP.

6. Collected coin and bonus coins on other side of the channel. Then pushed yellow stone N and W on yellow button. Went back through cyan TP and pushed blue stone N: Cyan timer active!

7. Saw, how green and red stones filled channel. Went N on them to collect next 2 coins and read signs. When a stone had stopped between them, then I had to push it N on green conveyor. Otherwise I had to wait on a sign, until...

The north and the exit:
8. ... the stones really seemed to talk. Tick-tock-tick-tock, upper part of channel was filled in a flash. Waited, until pool between TPs was full. Then quickly (and avoiding last incoming stone) went above a TP. Pushed remaining boulders W and E on conveyor buttons and got next 2 coins.

9. Went between TPs and entered blue one from E. Was on raft and steered S,E,S,W. Attention: Switching gate! Went S over bridge (coin), pushed boulder S and stepped back. Another boulder arrived. Pushed it S too and entered my first raft.

10. Steered S,E,S,E,N,E. Was between a flower and a boulder. Pushed boulder N into water. Went back on raft, entered island again and found my way to the north. Entered upper yellow TP from W and got last coin.

PS: Got the gold too.

End of entry.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:31 pm

[quote="bob roest] ... not as hard as some of the others [/quote]

Oh yeah? :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Bob - this is only because you're a genius when it comes to TP/conveyor combinations.

Chip thanks for that walkthrough. I was going wrong from the outset and trying to get as many of the coins as I could in that first section before going north. This meant that the only way up was via the green/red timer section so I had to sacrifice 2 vital boulders. So I never got the water filled up with the spheres. I did manage to get the cyan timer working.

Loved the effect of the sphere knocking the boulders on course.

Thanks for another splendid tour de force. A bit too much for my poor old noodle though :D :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
kiki
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by kiki » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:46 pm

Needed to read some hints to make this one, you really pack a punch into your levels.
The work you put in is awesome, thanks! :)
Keeks
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Feb 11, 2018 12:12 pm

Lots of fun, thanks!