New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 10

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 10

Post by Chip » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:23 pm

The final turn: May the crate be with you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:53 pm

Chip, this level is driving me MAD I tell you MAD.

After trying for days on end I've finally got all the coins and I trusted the crate. But now I'm drifting around up a creek without a paddle and I can't get home.

I know I'm supposed to get from one end to the other without using the crate and only use the crate at the end but I don't see how to do this either. :cry:

By the way, the opening boulder puzzle is fantastic. I was stuck on that for ages, but now I can do it blindfold. The sphere puzzle is great too.

Anyway HELP PLEASE!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi Liz
Here's the walkthrough. Point 8 of it should answer your question: Try to see the lake in two parts and use the central raft for the final turn only.
SS NUTSHELL - logbook entry 24,1 - captain Stinky

How I steered through The Faraway Oceans (east)

1. Quickly went 2xS on sign. Saw, how crate vanished in green TP. Searched other green TP with spy-glass. Important information!

2. Steered E on raft and went E, 3 boulders in a row there. Pushed them like this:

O --> N(2), E(3)
O --> E(1), S(6)
O --> S(4), E(5)

3. Waited for good occasion to enter southern bridge. Got right coin. Pushed boulder W on white TP, then entered TP myself from S (pushing boulder into water at the same time). Was on top of northern bridge now. Collected 2 coins, then pushed boulder N into white TP. Followed and got last coin on this island.

4. Waited for good occasion to steer E on second raft. Arrived at never-ending hedges.
Pushed inner yellow sphere N and went aside quickly.
Pushed inner red sphere S.
Pushed inner green sphere S.
Pushed inner blue sphere N. All gaps filled!

5. Went on third raft and steered E between hedges. Pushed upper cube 7xW and lower one 6xW. Didn't forget to go back on third raft and to steer it W again.

6. Pushed new green sphere N to knock blue one. Pushed green sphere N again, then W to cube. Started blue sphere by sliding over ice curve and collected coin on northern bridge. Pushed new red sphere S. Started it by sliding over ice curve and collected coin on southern bridge.

7. Forced green sphere S between cyan TPs, then pushed upper cube 7xE back to it's original position. Pushed lower cube 7xE too above pink TP. Steered E on third raft and went through upper pink TP. Pushed cube 6xN to stick. Could reach lake of good hope now.

8. Went to northern part of lake. Went 2xE, 3xS and E on bridges, then jumped E,N and E on raft. Collected upper bonus coin, then steered N,E,S and W. Left area by jumping W, N and W back to hedges. Went through pink TP and repeated last steps in southern part of lake, but did final jump on invisible crate beside central raft.

End of entry.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:55 am

That did it! :D :D I don't know why I didn't think of
jumping back to the hedges and starting again for the other section
This is a marvellous puzzle Chip. Loved every minute of sorting it out even though I did have to ask for a life raft at the end :D

BTW
I didn't use the pink cubes to get the spheres in place at all.
We all have our own ways of navigating 8)

Thanks for the fun.:piratesmile:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:51 am

I was okay with the spheres but the boulders and the white tp were causing me fits so I was happy to see some help for that. :D

Another grand adventure, thanks Chip!
bob
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 11:36 pm

Sorry for the bump, but I'm playing through your levels again and with this level, the walkthrough is a bit unclear.

Could you explain the first part about the boulders again? :?
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:59 am

Hi Gameboy
Here's the boulder puzzle step by step:
1. Push the central boulder R against the other one.
2. Push the top boulder U.
3. Follow and push the top boulder R.
4. Return and push the lowest boulder D.
5. Follow and push the lowest boulder R.
6. Return and push the central boulder D. It will roll over the timers and allows you to go through the little hedge maze.
Good luck!
gameboy991
Rainbow Master

Post by gameboy991 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:32 am

Thanks, Chip, that cleared it up.

Got the gold and a score of 6,210. I know I can do better, but I took the time to read the signs and think things through. :wink:
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:44 am

I was in exactly the same predicament of Liz for over a week, tried all sort of crazy ideas, such as getting spheres into the rightmost water area (and made a reasonable progress there). Just suddenly, the light came on and I saw that the solution is much much much much easier.

Excellent initial boulder puzzle.

Thanks!
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Sun Jan 21, 2018 8:40 pm

Another bump. Is this cube/sphere puzzle possible? I can't seem to move the pink cube out of its corridor, and according to the walkthrough, there should be two, but I only see one.
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:05 pm

Yes there are two pink cubes, in the same column (one above the other).
PhoenixBlaze
Rainbow Wizard

Post by PhoenixBlaze » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:23 pm

Oh! I was playing the level that came with the level set, not the version of this topic. It's fixed now.
currently simping for kiyotaka ishimaru