New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 14

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 14

Post by Chip » Fri Dec 18, 2009 11:16 pm

Leisure activities at Dragon's Mouth:
Citius, altius, fortius.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:21 am

Made it! I think that was one of the hardest levels I've ever played except for Stinker Rescue in WSW. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I had to play with the timer off - too much concentration is needed to be worried about last seconds ticking away.

What a convoluted brain you have Chip! Fantastic puzzles throughout and several ways to solve them too. I probably didn't solve the end part as it should have been but I think I know the 'proper way' now.

I'm now off for a walk with my dogs on the golf course - I'm an honorary member after all 8) . It's covered in snow, so we're guaranteed no golfers! 8)

Thanks for the extreme brain strain :stinkyhappy:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Dec 20, 2009 6:12 pm

The Olympic motto is certainly fitting for this level, I think I had to do all three at one point. :lol:

When I got to the final hole I was not a happy camper but I was so used to restarts by then one more was going to hurt.

Exceptional work again, thanks Chip!

edit: Oops, that second line should read ...one more wasn't going to hurt. Or maybe it was a Freudian slip. :lol:
Last edited by bob roest on Thu Dec 24, 2009 1:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Mon Dec 21, 2009 10:30 pm

Hints:
1. Talk to Mr. Mokering and solve his problem.
2. Be in front of the nine ball.
3. Steal what ever you can.
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Thu Dec 24, 2009 12:05 pm

DON'T PANIC! - THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO DRAGON'S MOUTH

(Published by the official tourist office. Editor: Wanda F.Ireball)

Chapter 4: Stress-free through the sports field

1. Go to the jogging area and collect the bonus coins. Push the barrel around the trees and UP into the blue TP. Follow and push the barrel again between the left doorway and the left yellow ball. Collect the coins beside Mr. Mokering, then push him 2x left. Wow, even a sick champion performs an impressive break!

2. Move a second character to the pool table and push Mr. Mokering into the left doorway (using the new niche between the balls). Bring your second hero to a save spot between the trees. Now you can sink the nine balls in any pouch, and as long as you avoid collisions, you can't lose one of them. They will line up at the right side of the table and finally cover the two conveyor buttons.

3. This will calm the situation at the tennis court down, and you can 'steal' the two reflectors from the conveyors. There's always a way to get behind them. Use two prisms and the black and white TPs to build a bridge on the central tile of the court, then push the reflectors to the jogging area through the TPs. Sink the rest of the prisms in the water to get a new set of four pieces. Usem them to cover the four coloured buttons.

4. Move a character into the doorway left of the sign '1st place: Dragon golf'. Let another one push the reflectors through the blue, the red and the green TPs and finally over the tramp to the golf course. Search a helpful place for them immediately to clear a space. Then bring along Mr. Mokering through the doorways. Don't push him through the TPs (he gets 'glitchy').

Hole 1: Place the correspondent reflector on the sign and Mr. Mokering two or three tiles below.
Hole 2: Place Mr. Mokering on the sign and bring him back using the niche between the flower and the tramp.
Hole 3: Use both reflectors and Mr. Mokering to shoot around the corner.
Hole 4a: Place the correspondent reflector on the left conveyor to hit the right box.
Hole 4b: Then make a new setup with both reflectors on both conveyors. Always leafe a character behind the reflectors to get them back again! Open the cyan gate via the upper row of tramps, this is also a way to get behind the left reflector.
Hole 5: Place the first reflector above the white gate and leave a character in this room. Then push Mr. Mokering into the lowest (and now opened) blue gate. Leave a second character one tile above and one tile right of him. Push the second reflector just above Mr. Mokering and open the white gate via the lower row of tramps.

6. Yuo'll need all three items again to finish the level. Push the right reflector 1x left to cut the knot, then 'evacuate' Mr. Mokering, the right and the left reflector in this order. Push the reflectors right into the water to build a bridge. Push the left wooden box up and the upper one right. Go through the pink TP to push the lowest box left and up into the water. Now you can guide Mr. Mokering to his final challenge.

PS: His final challenge? Hm...

(Printed on fireproof paper by FURNACE PRESS, Dragon's Mouth. All rights reserved.)
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:11 am

Hi Chip! As I suspected, my solution is fairly different from yours. Mine's easier in the jogging section but probably more complicated in the rest. A fascinating puzzle from start to finish. If only I'd thought of doing the jogging section first it would have made my life a lot easier! :lol: :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Feb 17, 2018 3:53 pm

Most wonderful! Most wonderful!

This took me a few days to complete. I could do it in other unintended ways, but the clock wouldn't allow, so I believe I HAVE found the intended way.

Thanks a lot!