New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 18

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 18

Post by Chip » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:39 pm

Cave 3 of MOUNT RYDER deserves nerves.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:21 pm

Another epic adventure. :D

There were a number of obstacles that gave me trouble, notably destroying the two boxes on the right side and then the two ghosts at the top right, I eliminated them because they kept getting in my way! :D

Fun stuff Chip, thanks!
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Mon Jan 18, 2010 1:03 am

Have a great time!

Cave 3: Vaults

1. The starting area:
Use the 3x3 tiles of the starting area to figure out, how the gates work. You'll soon see a pattern. Then push the upper and the lower boulder into this area, until one of them covers the starting sign. Push this boulder to the left (or right) against a coin. Collect the coin and push the other boulder in this room against the first one to cover the round button. Repeat on the other side.

2. The pink side (right):
Go above the left sticky cube. Push it D into the pink TP, then immediately push the other cube R to stick. Go D through the left pink TP, before the white gate reappears, and enter the next room.
Go above the top right reflector. Wait until both fireballs have passed, then quickly push the reflector D, go U and 4xL and push the top left reflector D: The upper wooden box is gone and the second fireball still circles around. Go beneath the lower left reflector and push it U: The lower wooden box is gone too. Collect the coins and push the red spheres D.
Push the top right reflector into the flame on the white timer and quickly U into the opened white gate. Wait, until the white gate reappears and destroys the reflector. Then slide L and push the rightmost boulder L to start the pendulum, that keeps the white gates open. Leave and go back to the starting area.

3. The cyan side (left):
Push both prisms 2xL, then go D through the right cyan TP. Come back and push the right prism 2xL again. Go D through the right cyan TP and enter the next room.
Push the keg D and 3xL to destroy the lower box. Wait for the next keg and push it 2xU and 3xL to destroy the upper box. Collect the coins and push the red sphere L.
Push the next keg on the white timer to destroy the leftmost boulder of the pendulum, then slide U and R. Go R and push the boulder R to start the pendulum again. Leave by going 3xL and U to the left ghost area.

4. The ghosts 1 (left):
Push the leftmost ice block 2xU, then the block to your right side R. Go D one step and wait, until both ghosts are above you, then push the block to your right side R too. Go D and 2xR and push the block above U. Go R,U,R and U to collect the next coin. Step R on the ice curve and jump D,U,R and D on the raft. Go D to collect the coin between the black TPs, then go U on the raft again.

5. The last coins:
Steer R,D and R. Avoid the pendulum and go to the room with the steel box. Collect the last coin in this section and push the box 5xD. Go back on your raft and steer L. Go down to the cyan TP and push the lower prism L. Walk around and push the steel box L into the lava. Walk around back and push the lower prism R to get on the raft again. Repeat to get the last coin.

6. The ghosts 2 (right):
Go to the right ghost area. Wait for a good moment to grab the coins, then step on the ice curve and jump D and L. Go L and 2xU to jump over the tree, then go 2xL (or R) and step D to jump to the exit.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:40 pm

Hi Chip - this one has been a long solve for me. What was giving me problems was the right fireball section - thanks for the hints. And then I had problems getting on that raft. I hadn't quite taken in the trampoline behind the gate.

Another wonderful puzzle. Thanks for the brain strain! :stinkyhappy:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:25 pm

Nice, thanks for the fun!