New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 23

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Tales Of Faraway Oceans 23

Post by Chip » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:04 pm

Mission possible.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Feb 14, 2015 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:17 pm

Working on this one Chip! Another huge puzzle and a total enigma at the moment. 8)
Back later, much, much later ... :roll:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Mar 06, 2010 6:09 pm

I've got this one solved by I could only do it by blocking some of the cannon fire in the editor. I apologize for that but between Stinky getting shot and the others bouldered I was running into so many restarts I was about to "...abandon all hope" :wink:

I will remove the blocks and try this the legitimate way later. :D

Thanks Chip,
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:28 pm

Wow, Bob!
I didn't know, that you read Dante. :)
Do you know the authors of the other inscriptions too?
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:58 pm

Do you know the authors of the other inscriptions too?
I certainly know the works of Dante and Dumas and we've all seen the film Papillon but some of the other lines were a little vague. :D
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:32 pm

- 6 was the number of "The Prisoner" in Patrick McGoohan's cult series. (There's an actual remake with Jim Caviezel and Ian McKellen.)
- And Truman Burbanks is the star of... "The Truman Show".
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:09 am

The Prisoner was one of my favourite series. 8) We've visited Portmeirion village in North Wales which was where it was all filmed - it's a surreal slice of Italy on the Welsh coast.

As for your level Chip, I can only put a few random barrels in the water. I can get one coin from an island lower right or I can build a partial bridge with 1 barrel and 2 cannon towards the wretched tree - a useless procedure I know!

Completely stumped. :roll:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:10 pm

Walkthrough:
1. Go to the right side below the sign "This is the trap.". There are two kegs to your left: Push the upper one L into the water, then the lower one D and L too. You'll need it later to collect the bonus coin.

2. Go back and use the pink TP. Again, the professor's construction has an Achilles' heel. It's the missing tree between the cannons in the top right corner. Go on the correspondent sign and from there: 2xR, 2xD (pushing a keg) and 2xL (pushing another keg into the water). You're just below the cannons now. Push the right one 2xU and the left one 2xL and 3xR. Stay aside and wait for the next shot. Push the same cannon 1xR again and the other one 13xD into the water. Follow with the other cannon to build a first bridge. Use the keg between the trees to enlarge this bridge to the left. You can reach an ice curve now.

3. Wait, until the boulder goes D, then step on the ice. The raft will bring you U. In the next circle, there are boulders running anticlockwise. Follow one of them as close as possible. Run around the fort, until you are below the green TP. Step R on the raft and push the keg into the trap. Collect the bonus coin, push the steel box on the green button and stay aside.

4. Switch to Loof and go D,R and D in the opened gate. Wait until the inner shot has passed, then run D, 3xL (pushing the reflector 1xL) and 1xR to eliminate the shots. Push the same reflector 1xL again to stop the inner boulders, but don't interrupt the next circle.

5. Try to reach the blue button and push the steel box 1xD. Wait, until it blocks the next boulder, then push it 1xD again into the water. Go 7xU, wait, until a boulder is ready, and push it D to complete the bridge to the lowest coin. Collect it and stand on the blue button.

6. Switch to Qookie and collect the two coins on the left side in the same way, but push a reflector on the red button to keep the red gate open. Go to the top of the fort, collect the two coins there and wait on the yellow button.

7. Switch back to Loof and collect the two coins on the right side. Then bring both, Stinky and Loof, back to the center of the fort.

8. Switch to Qookie and use two boulders to build a bridge up to the prisons. (If needed: Use reflectors to bring them in place.) Release the lower Kaboom! to the meadow by standing on the cyan, then on the white button. Step right to close the white gate and wait here.

9. Switch to another character and push a reflector on the sign "More prisons!". Switch back to Qookie and wait, until the first Kaboom! has passed the white gate. Then release the upper Kaboom! to the meadow by standing on the pink, then on the white button.

10. Use the reflector to force one of the Kaboom!s on the conveyor timers, solve the puzzle inside the prisons and leave.

PS: Use two reflectors to collect the second bonus coin via the white TP.
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Mon Mar 15, 2010 8:57 am

Chip, I've spent days on end working this one out and still haven't managed to finish.

I've got right to the end and I think you need 2 boulders in the water and 2 prisms to block the upper exit from the white TP so they can all escape. Whilst trying to get 2 prisms to the right of the white TP, both kabooms blow eachother up. Stymied!

I have more or less abandoned all hope but now I see you've posted a spoiler. It's not very different to what I do and the last bit to get the bonus coin is my problem.

Of course the main problems are the huge and dangerous environment and the length of time it takes. Every time I've tried it's taken about 27 minutes to get near the end. I don't think it's possible in 15, but I'm very slow. I turned the timer off early on in my attempts because I couldn't bear it if I got to the end only to be knocked out by lack of time.

One day I might do it, but I'd like to give your new level a try! 8)
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:52 am

This one is completely mad!

It took me a few days, but now it is done. Thanks Chip.