New Level - Legends Of Time And Space 8

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Legends Of Time And Space 8

Post by Chip » Wed Jun 09, 2010 8:18 pm

The Fountain Of Seasons

The stones of sun and the moon of stone
open the gates and turn on their own
around the mighty source of light,
never ending the heavenly fight.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:37 am

I'm working on this one Chip, but for me the mechanism is the most difficult to fix so far. :shock: :shock: :shock:

EDIT: By chance I found the right combination for the fountain of the seasons! :D :D Onward ...
DOUBLE DOG EDIT: Made a mistake later on and had to restart. Now I can't remember that magical combination ... Doh!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :roll: May have to leave it a while and try again. Perhaps my luck will have changed by then.
TRIPLE DOG EDIT: Made it at last! Found the magic mojo again. Then worked on the timing of the second part. Very compelling, and very rewarding once the mechanisms were all working properly.

This is another beautiful level Chip, thanks! :piratesmile:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Lucky-Luc
Rainbow Master

Post by Lucky-Luc » Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:05 pm

I really couldn't imagine a way to get the first part working with only three boulders. Until I realized something. Well, you know what :wink: . Then I also realized that the solution to the riddle was hidden in your poem. So I kind of solved the puzzle the other way round, but the most important thing is that I made it work. :D

The second part was rather easy afterwards, though I messed it up quite often, especially by accidentally smashing up boulders. Another fun level, thanks! :D

Haven't solved the Fountain of Years yet, but I'll keep trying...
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:23 pm

A few hints:
You'll need 5 stones to run the fountain smoothly, so you have to activate the 'mighty source of light'. (The factory in the middle of the pyramid.)
- Collect the coins in autumn, winter and spring. From there:
- Walk over the top left ice curve and the following conveyor timer and push the sun in the summer R against the moon. Return quickly to the spring.
- Go around the top left corner of the fountain and push the sun in the summer D against the coin. Collect this coin and retutn to the spring.
- Go over the top left ice curve and the following conveyor timer again. Hurry up now: Push the sun in the summer R into the water and then the moon (by sliding over the top right ice curve) D through the opend blue gate. Stay aside and watch, how the fountain is working.
- It's like a metronome for the wheels of time. Collect the bonus coins inside the little hedge maze, then push the right steel box 1xD, 4xL and 2xU.
- Push the red sphere D and L. It stops in the center of the maze.
- Push the left steel box 3xD and 2xR. Now, the red sphere can open the red timer permanently.
Figured it out? Congratulations, the rest of the level is repetition and variation.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Fri Jun 18, 2010 8:39 pm

I must be doing something wrong because the green gate either destroys the red or it gets stuck between the top conveyor and a green gate. :?
bob
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sat Jun 19, 2010 6:53 am

I'm not sure what you're doing Bob, but I didn't do it Chip's way and managed to keep the green gates open all the time. This is what I did:
Collect coin above right side tree and push right side yellow down.
Collect the coin off the ice and the left side coin.
Up at the top the 2 yellows will be side by side. Push the right sphere D to the coin and wait until the left one returns. Push the left sphere L and both spheres will smash.
Quickly push the boulder down through the opened blue gate.
Walk round to the left side and push the left yellow sphere down.
Walk back to the boulder and push it right below conveyor to stop at tree.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:27 pm

That did the trick Liz, thanks! :D

I didn't notice that there were two green timers so I wasn't sure at first that your way would work either. :lol:

No problems after that.

Thanks Chip, very compelling!
bob
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:31 pm

Umm... Sorry, but I wasn't able to catch all the Legend of Time and Spaces. Can you Post them all in a zip or something please?
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:30 pm

Hi LittleZbot
The 'Legends' will have 25 levels, and it's too early to bundle them.
Just browse through the first few pages of the "Puzzle/Action Levels" to find the series so far.
It's great, that you like it. :D
LittleZbot
Rainbow MegaStar

Post by LittleZbot » Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:02 am

When all legends are out, will you bundle them all up for me and others? I thinks everyone would appreciate it. If so, I think I'll wait for the bundle. Thanks.
To Shorty, who was immortalized in an adventure.
To Marinus, who was my community older brother.
To Janet, who I will remember every time I wear a toque.

May these lost Wonderlanders find true adventure beyond us.
Discord: LittleZbot#3936