New Level - Legends Of Time And Space 13

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Legends Of Time And Space 13

Post by Chip » Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:15 pm

Even a major has a destructive side. And you?

(The original level is very long. If you don't like this: Please use the files A - C to play the games in groups.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sun Jan 25, 2015 12:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Re: New Level - Legends Of Time And Space 13

Post by Marinus » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:11 pm

I think it's a little bit sad several people have downloaded this level and no one commented after a week. Although it would have been more sad if no one had downloaded it.

So far I played part 1 and 2 and I enjoyed them much! Thanks, also for splitting it in smaller parts. Probably I had the most trouble destroying the prism in "Penny Lane"

Now I'll keep trying part 3.
Chip wrote:Even a major has a destructive side. And you?
Well, if I get frustrated I can be pretty destructive, so beware! :lol: And yes, the UFO is frustrating me quite a bit. I have somewhat an idea what to do, but I'm not sure if I'm able to do that. Be back later. :)
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:04 pm

After many restarts I was finally able to do what I was trying,
- Let UFO shoot top-left barrel.
- Push bottom-left barrel to bottom-right corner, and let UFO shoot it.
- Push bottom-right barrel 1U and let UFO shoot it. (which also destroys 2 reflectors.
but it didn't help me much though, because whatever I try, the UFO is always going to be destroyed by the top-right barrel, leaving most of the stuff behind.

In the meantime I also played game Z, so the games F and G (UFO parts) are the only ones I can't do.

Would you give me a hint please? (or another UFO) :)
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:14 pm

Hi Marinus
The dance with the UFO is the heart of this level, which is long and difficult. Give the other players their time and try out the following:
1. Get below the cyan button and watch the UFO. When it's heading L, quickly go 2xU and 3xL. Top left keg destroyed.
2. Immediately go 3XR, push the keg U and walk R and 2xU. Lower left keg destroyed.
3. Hurry 5xU and L. Lower right keg destroyed.
4. Don't lose a split second to run 4xL and 4xD. Top right keg destroyed.
5. Walk around anti-clockwise and let the UFO destroy the rest of the boxes, but nothing else.
6. Push the reflectors around the remaining two kegs and: BOOM!
7. Continue the dance with the UFO in 'The long and winding road'...
Have fun!
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:15 pm

Thanks Chip. Right now I'm not really in the mood for dancing with UFO's, but I will try that soon, and at least I see now what I was still missing:
To use a reflector to destroy the second (bottom-left) barrel.
How could I miss that? :shock: Be back later. :)

Edit:
Chip wrote:... Give the other players their time ...
It was absolutely not my intention to say "Hurry up" to the other people, but I was only talking about those people who use to download levels, but never comment on them.
Marinus
Rainbow AllStar

Post by Marinus » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:01 pm

Finally, after a few more restarts, I finished to play the whole level. Thanks for the level and for the help! :)

If the Wonderprise is flying around the entire AΩ star system before reaching planet Sigma something, we have something to look forward to. :D
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:40 pm

Never fear, Marinus! :lol:
There will be not the whole ABC. Just two more systems to go. At epsilon, the story will turn back.
Nevertheless I'll do my best, that you have something to look forward to...
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Jul 20, 2010 3:14 pm

Sorry I haven't commented on this yet Chip. I've been trying over and over and haven't managed to complete even one small part. The heat and humidity are boiling my brain I think. :lol:
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:57 am

Finally I've finished one small part - Gamma Canis Part I.
Excellent thinker stinker, thanks Chip. :D :D
I'll see if I can do any of the others.
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:59 pm

HELP!
A guide to Ryder's Arcade Canis. - By F.A.B. Four.

The objective of the games is to activate the six factories at the exit. To get out of here, you have to destroy all kegs, prisms, boxes and reflectors. And more...

Game A: HELLO GOODBYE
Always avoiding the shots: Jump D into the room (HELLO). Push both boxes at the side walls 2xD. Push the lower left prism L and D, then the lower right prism R and D. Get the coin, push the last prism onto this tile and stay aside. BOOM! Push the remaining lower boxes into the fire of the cannon, then push the keg U and R to destroy the cannon itself (GOODBYE). Push the remaining two boxes over the tramp to destroy them and to clear your path.

Games B and H (linked): WITH A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS and WE CAN WORK IT OUT
Enter game B and push the ice block 2xU into the blue TP. Follow (pushing the block R) and go 2xR (pushing it 2x again). You're in game H now. Steer the left raft D and return, then steer the right raft D. Get on the white button and wait, until the left botty destroys the first keg. Go quickly L and D onto the left raft and wait, until the other botty destroys the second keg. Steer D and collect the two coins, then push the ice block 4xL back through the blue TP and follow (pushing it R once more). You're back in game B. Push the ice block 3xD and get on the blue button: BOOM! Collect the two coins and push the ice block onto the blue button to open the blue gates.

Game C: FROM ME TO YOU
Enter the room, until you're between the upper coin and the right reflector. Push the reflector R into the cyan TP and wait, until the upper conveyor brings it just below the upper coin. Go 2xL to release a shot of the ghost and L again to avoid it's ricochet. When the upper conveyor is down, push the left reflector L into the pink TP, then go 2xD (pushing a prism to the left of the ghost). Go 2xU and 2XR: BOOM! Use the setup to destroy the remaining kegs and reflectors and collect the lower coin.

Game D: PENNY LANE
Enter the room and push the cannon U onto the conveyor. Get the bonus coin in the fake wall to your R, then go 2xL, 2xU, L (pushing the prism) and 4xU to collect the central coin. Go R and U and wait for a good moment to grab the other coin and to step back L. Go back to the prism and push it U over the ice curve, 3xU again, then R and 2xU between the two top conveyors. As long as it's sliding U and D, the cannon can't hit the prism. So wait here, until the cannon slides D and then shoots immediately: Now quickly go R, slide D (pushing the cannon D off the conveyor) and stay aside L. Now you should be able to push the prism into the fire of the cannon, to collect the other bonus coin and to leave the room by pushing the cannon into the lower fake wall.

Game E: TICKET TO RIDE
Push the cannon over the tramp and wait, until it rides to the L. Jump D and go D and L to collect the right coin. Watch the rhythm of the movements and push both reflectors into the pool above the lower yellow TP. Go back to the tile, where you collected the right coin. Wait, until the cannon stops and shoots on the right side, then quickly push it U through the upper yellow TP - it will destroy the keg at the bottom. Collect the other coin, use the setup to destroy the remaining kegs and prisms and leave the room via the yellow TPs.

Game F and G (linked): LUCY IN THE SKY WITH DIAMONDS and THE LONG AND WINDING ROAD
- Get below the cyan button and watch the UFO. When it's heading L, quickly go 2xU and 3xL. Top left keg destroyed.
- Immediately go 3XR, push the keg U and go R and 2xU. Lower left keg destroyed.
- Hurry 5xU and L. Lower right keg destroyed.
- Don't lose a split second to run 4xL and 4xD. Top right keg destroyed.
- Walk around anti-clockwise and let the UFO destroy the rest of the boxes, but nothing else.
- Push the reflectors around the remaining two kegs and: BOOM!
- Continue the dance with the UFO in 'The long and winding road'...

Have a great time!
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:17 pm

Amazing stuff Chip! :D

Needed a little nudge with two of the game rooms, so thanks for the walkthrough and the level.
bob
Liz Mayhew
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by Liz Mayhew » Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:42 am

What an amazing set of levels Chip!

I've completed Parts I and II and the big Gamma Cannis level.
The worst part was Penny Lane which I always did first because I only succeeded about 1 try in 7. :twisted: My favourite part was dancing with the UFO. :D

I still can't complete Part III because of Game Z - Nowhere Man. Just don't see how to do that. :roll:

Anyway, I'm looking forward to your further travels.

Thanks for the fun. :piratesmile:

EDIT: Thanks to some help from Bob, I've completed GameZ and Part III. Excellent and devious fun. :D :D
Lizzie

To err is human,
To arr is pirate!