New Level (adv) - Christmas in a NUTSHELL

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level (adv) - Christmas in a NUTSHELL

Post by Chip » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:52 pm

Christmas aboard the SS NUTSHELL. Help Loof to turn on the lights.

Merry Christmas and a happy New Year!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Mon Dec 22, 2014 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Thu Dec 23, 2010 10:53 pm

The proper combination and placement to start the generators took a long time to decipher then more trouble with the spheres and the final difficulty came with the black tp. :evil: :wink:

In a nutshell...this was a blast! :D

Thanks Chip and Happy Holidays to you as well,
bob
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:35 am

Thanks for the fun!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:48 am

Those generators are quite a spectacle, but there is no need to activate any of them in order to complete this level.
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:25 pm

The hints:
1. Start the engines: Ice and keg D ("Boom!") - prism and box U ("Vroom!").
2. Start the generator: Steel boxes R,L,R,L or vice versa and the spheres will roll on.
3. Collect the coins: Bring along the steel box on the main switch to get over the black TP.
4. About the loophole: An area has two dimensions - even a axle-driven generator...
Have fun!
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:06 pm

What a mix-up, Chip:

What you call "engines" I call generators, in the simple wonderland sense.
What you call "generator", I simply see as a set of timers, spheres, gates, TPs and metal boxes.

So I must rephrase: "These engines are quite a spectacle, but there is no need to activate any of them in order to complete this level"
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:30 am

Hi Amnon

I like to embed my levels in a technological environment, to give them a touch of "The Incredible Machine" and to combine the resulting machinery with the cryptic puzzles of a text adventure. That's why you find a lot of signs with technical stuff in my levels. If I place a sign, I strictly use the terms from the editor to refer to an object or a tile. All other words are part of the story, hints for the puzzles or red herrings.

The problem in this case: In the editor, there are factories and no generators. But in the 'Reference Guide' of Patrick , these factories are called generators.
I had the editor in mind, when I made the level. - You had the guide in mind, when you solved it.
I used the word 'generator' to name an other device. - You used the word 'generator' to name my factories.

Peanuts: Let's have fun again!
In my next levels, there will be a few radiator tanks, cooling water pumps, level equalizers and setup assistants that are far away from any mix-up. I hope, you're aboard again. :D

PS:
And of course you're right: My Christmas level has a BIG loophole.