New Level (adv) - Myths Of Distant Shores 1

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level (adv) - Myths Of Distant Shores 1

Post by Chip » Mon Jan 24, 2011 1:38 am

A trilogy needs an end.
Welcome back aboard again and have fun!

(Using the texture 'Tofoship' once more.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Mon Jan 24, 2011 8:01 pm

Hi
I just noticed, that I used the wrong version (2 gates are missing) from a backup directory. :oops:
If your download is older than this message: Please replace the level to get the whole fun.
Thanks and sorry about! :)
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:04 am

I had some problems keeping the green gates open but another restart later and they worked fine. :D

A fun puzzle to work out, thanks Chip!
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:03 pm

Walkthrough:
The side rudders:
1. Go 4xD and 3xL and read the sign. Step L on the conveyor: The setup assistant brings you to the red timer in the middle of the port rudder. Slide R, then go R and D to get the first bonus coin. Jump D,R and R to push the keg in position and to return to the starting area.
2. Repeat these moves with the star rudder.
3. Push the wooden boxes into the setup assistant (over the sign and onto the conveyor): The first one goes to port, the second one to star. Continue with a backslash (port), a slash (star), the other slash (port) and the remaining backslash (star). The side rudders are ready now.

The engine:
4. Use the black or the white TPs to enter the engine room. Collect the four coins inside the device.
5. Get the coin to the R of the machine and slide L to push the blue sphere. Both spheres will roll in position, stopped by the prisms.
6. Push the right prism U and L (onto the conveyor), the lowest prism U (onto the button), the left prism D and R (onto the conveyor) and the top prism D (onto the button).
7. Push the top cannon L, then the lower one R: The running side rudders will open the red, the yellow and the green gates. Don't forget to get the last coin in this room and return to the starting area.

The stern rudders:
8. Get the lower coin (and only this one), then slide R to push the green spheres in their position near the left green TP.
9. Get the upper coin and push the red sphere U and R, then push the yellow sphere D and R. The running stern rudders will open the white and the pink gates.

The way home:
10. Enter the bow of the ship through the lower gate. Push the steel box U, then go 2xL through the green TP. Here's the last bonus coin.
11. Return and enter the bow through the upper gate. Push the steel box D, back to its starting place, then slide R to push the left goober D.
12. Push the steel box 2xL through the green TP. You'll go through the pink TPs, pushing the right goober L. Push it L again to stick and go 2xR to leave through the TPs.
PS:
There's an elegant shortcut for quick fingers in this level. Can you find it?
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:00 am

I found shaky ways to get the main engine started, but couldn't follow those predictably. Once I even had the engine working for a minute or so, but I didn't reach the exit that time. Finally I found the shortcut!

Only then I saw your way of starting the main engine - so much simpler indeed!