New Level - Myths Of Distant Shores 10

Post, download, and discuss custom levels for Return To Wonderland.
Chip
Rainbow Star

New Level - Myths Of Distant Shores 10

Post by Chip » Tue May 17, 2011 12:41 pm

TWIXT in Wonderland - Alex Randolph meets Patrick Maidorn. What a dream team!

(Please use the file A to practice the game without pressure of time.)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Chip on Sat Jan 24, 2015 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
>Link to my level list
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Mon May 23, 2011 4:29 pm

I'm sorry Chip but I can't figure out how to keep my helpers activating the light blue timer. :?

Now if I could get them to walk on a transporter my problems would be solved. :lol:
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Mon May 23, 2011 9:16 pm

Hi Bob
Here are a few hints for this one (slow version):
1. Collect the top right and the lower left coin on the playfield, but don't touch the two others.
2. Play the game and try to win, but...
3. ...don't play the last two stones (the boulders behind the blues). Release the KABOOM!s instead.
4. They will make the last move for you just in time. Just make sure, that the blue gates are open in due course.
Good luck. :)
Last edited by Chip on Tue May 24, 2011 12:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amnon
Rainbow Spirit Seeker

Post by Amnon » Mon May 23, 2011 11:46 pm

I am in the same predicament as Bob, but I will keep trying and won't look at the hint. Still also stuck on some of your earlier ones in this series (#1, #2 and #5, although in #5 I could exit without gold), but one day I'll get it.
bob roest
Rainbow Spirit Chaser

Post by bob roest » Tue May 24, 2011 8:12 pm

Got it, finally! :D :D

I was leaving the transporters in the wrong place. :oops:

I don't know how you managed the timing to make the boomers work properly but my hats off to you!

Thanks for the challenge...and the hint.
bob
Chip
Rainbow Star

Post by Chip » Sun May 29, 2011 10:33 pm

Walkthrough:
1. Go 5xR to bring the first green boulders into the water. Wait until the conveyor timer runs out, then repeat 2x (go L and R) to empty the green slots.
2. Empty the yellow slots in the same way and in the same corner.
3. The blue slots are delicate:
a) Go to the top left corner, but don't grab the coin there. Just step on the blue timer and hurry back on the top right conveyor timer to release the first blue spheres.
b) Walk over the upper stones in the water and steer the top transporter 1xU to make it ready for the next blue sphere.
c) Use the rightmost transporter to steer D to the lower side of the board.
d) Walk over the lower stones in the water and steer the lower transporter 1xD to make it ready for the next blue sphere.
e) Go to the lower right corner, but don't grab the coin there. Just step on the blue timer and hurry L on the lower left conveyor timer to release the next blue spheres and to get the coin there.
f) Walk again over the lower stones in the water and steer the lower transporter 1xD to make it ready for the last boulder.
g) Use the rightmost transporter to steer U to the upper side of the board.
h) Walk again over the upper stones in the water and steer the top transporter 1xU to make it ready for the last boulder.
4. Now it's high time for your helpers!
Slow version: Use the rightmost transporter to steer D to the lower right corner of the pond. Wait until the KABOOM! is near the red gate, then step R on the red timer and L back on the raft. Let the boomer pass, then steer R back to the lower right corner of the pond and step D on the blue timer.
Fast version: The KABOOM!s will enter the playfield automatically after 60 seconds (you have to finish the steps 1-3 in this time). Just open the blue gates in due course.
Both versions: Don't try to release the last boulders 'by hand'! The boomers will do this just in time. Just make sure, that the blue gates are open!
5. Collect the remaining coins in the central area and the surrounding coins in the following order:
a) lower green - lower blue slots
b) right yellow - right red slots
c) left red - left yellow slots
d) top blue - top green slots
Superb! You rescued all lemmings on these levels and your team is invited to

THE RYDER BOARDGAMES OPEN 2011.

Hey, folks, that's the Wimbledon of boardgames. We have great times ahead!