New Adventure - Selling Test

Post, Download, and Discuss Custom Adventures.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

New Adventure - Selling Test

Post by jdl » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:55 pm

I wasn't sure if there was already an example of this or not, but I have made a small adventure that shows off how you can sell custom items in dialogs!

Basically how it works is when you collect an item, you enable it to show up in an askabout (I had a GC button on the same space as the item that made a turtle press another GC that activated the askabout option.. I had to do this for technical reasons). Then, once you select the item's askabout, you give the option to perform an item check (the "yes, I want to sell this" option). After that, you go two interchanges ahead (the "thanks for selling me this, here's your coins" interchange). In this interchange you need to perform a coin check. Instead of entering a positive number for the coins, you enter a negative number of coins that you want to receive. After that, go two more interchanges ahead and ask if there's anything else you would like to sell. You also need to remember to disable the askabout option once you've already sold that object.

That should be about it. Enjoy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
garirry
Rainbow Star

Post by garirry » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:48 pm

Interesting concept! :)
ab-47
Rainbow Star

Post by ab-47 » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:00 pm

That was quite interesting. Question: is it alright if we could have the editor files for this level?
Master Wonder Mage
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by Master Wonder Mage » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:08 pm

ab-47 wrote:That was quite interesting. Question: is it alright if we could have the editor files for this level?
Editor files? All you have to do to convert an adventure in the player is go in to WA Editor v300/UserData/Custom/Adventures, copy the folder of the adventure to UserData/Custom/Editing/Current, and remove the UserName#.
jdl
Rainbow SuperStar

Post by jdl » Thu Jul 09, 2015 2:55 pm

Master Wonder Mage wrote:
ab-47 wrote:That was quite interesting. Question: is it alright if we could have the editor files for this level?
Editor files? All you have to do to convert an adventure in the player is go in to WA Editor v300/UserData/Custom/Adventures, copy the folder of the adventure to UserData/Custom/Editing/Current, and remove the UserName#.
Yes, this is correct. Although if you still need the files from me for some reason just send me a PM. :)
ImageImage
TheCracksOverhead#9565 | Oops, uh oh.
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Selling Flowers for Money

Post by Jutomi » Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:56 pm

This was fantastic, jdl! :o

Really, I'm glad you came up with a way to sell goodies for money. :)

Thank you for the adventure; this may come in handy in the future for hub-makers. ;)
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.
MyNameIsKooky
Rainbow Spirit Master

Post by MyNameIsKooky » Thu Aug 06, 2015 5:36 am

Ah yes, awarding coins to players through dialogue via negative coin counts. It makes for a great and easy way to give players thousands of coins for no reason. :twisted:
Jutomi
Rainbow AllStar

Rerecordation

Post by Jutomi » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:01 pm

Welp, I did actually end up recording this after all. :)

I hope you enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HF-mvQP0vxY
Your only little stinker that's absolutely NOT a z-bot by this name,
Jutomi~ :mrgreen:

Also, if you want to see my level list, here it is! :D
(Also: List of Hubs, WA Manual)
Oh, and my YT wonderland channel. Forgot about that.